1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

10/1 or more

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by SAMOAN, Jan 30, 2018.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.13 Turffontein - MAMBO SYMPHONY - Holds solid recent form and runs the track well. Looks a tough race for the grade, but can still go well at 12's.
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.45 Turffontein - THINK TWICE and PICCADILLY SQUARE at 14's and 20's respectively.
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

7 Places yesterday at between 10's and 50's. Obviously could have done with a winner, but to be fair none really threatened, though DURETTO was going well for a long time. Did nothing wrong as those that beat him were entitled to do so at the weights.

Sunday 17th June

11.30 Scottsville - IF & WHEN and VERISIMILITUDE - The former remains in fair form and whilst having a touch to find at the weights, does have the benefit of the 2 stall and should still go well. The latter was performing well up until last time, but did not stay that day and is back a furlong here. Possible upset potential at 20's.

12.05 Scottsville - ETERNAL WORDS - Moderate post maiden form but likes this track and the handicapper has quickly relented. Could easily go well at 33's.

12.40 Scottsville - SWIFT MOVE - Decent enough track debut and Sean Veale takes over the ride today. Good chance at the weights today at 10's.

1.15 Scottsville - GEOGRAPHE BAY - Seems to be coming to hand nicely, with last 2 runs both proving to be pretty solid. Remains on a fair looking mark and bit surprised by the early 16's on offer.

1.50 Scottsville - MARSALA - Has been defeated just once from three c & d showings. Didn't shape on soft ground in stronger company in her last two starts, but did beat the top quality Fiorella over this track & trip earlier in the season. Hopefully can bounce back today at 25's.
    Punter likes this.
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.30 Downpatrick - UNKNOWHATIMEAN - Short for both Points, but did not complete either. Quite nicely bred though and presumably has some ability, so don't mind taking a huge punt at 50's.

3.30 Downpatrick - STREETS OF LONDON - Form was going the right way in Points, so not a completely forlorn hope on rules debut. Does look a tough race, but basically could not resist the 100's on offer.

4.30 Downpatrick - STATISCAL - Fair recent form and don't mind the drop in trip at 10's.

5.20 Cork - INTENSE STYLIST - Better than the bare form suggests last twice and should be able to get involved off 56. Has run well in big fields and maybe a shade big at 33's.
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Monday 18th June

3.45 Fairview - FARAWAY ISLAND - Just the 4th start for this one and did run nicely on 2nd of those. Changed stables since disappointing last time and makes h'cap debut off a fair looking mark. Stable 2nd string, but still EW appeal at 20's.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

FARAWAY ISLAND missed the break, raced up and got in a good position, before fading into 4th. Certainly would have gone very close with an even break.

5.40 Naas - ANYONECANBEASTAR - Stable in good form and this newcomer looks interesting on breeding at 12's.

5.50 Nottingham - ROSAMOUR and MADDFOURMOGGY at 12's and 50's respectively.

6.30 Windsor - CLEVEDON - Gelded since first run and nicely enough bred to improve greatly at 66's.

7.00 Windsor - COACH PARTY - Nicely bred debutante at 50's.

8.20 Nottingham - TOM'S ANNA - Placed in this race last year and has generally been consistent. Back off a 200 day break today and chance if fit and firing at 14's.
  7. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Tuesday 19th June

1.40 Thirsk - JASMINE B - May prove to be a tough race for the grade, but this newcomer is too nicely bred for me to ignore at 16's.

6.30 Beverley - EARLY EDITION - Backward step on 2nd start, but did show enough on debut to suggest he has a future. Obviously has questions to answer after last time, but happy taking that chance at 14's.

8.20 Sligo - DUCHESS RAVENWAVES - Probably not the worst effort ever when getting beat 15 lengths by the useful Athena ( conceding 14 pounds ) in his final maiden. Opening mark looks fine and stable in good nick, so this one is definitely interesting at 14's.
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

12.30 Kenilworth - CURVATION - DOUBLED OVER may prove the best of these, but has had the 5 runs and does look vulnerable at 4's. The pick is a nicely bred newcomer, whose stable operates on a decent strike rate and is in fair form at present. For mine, the most interesting of the debutante's at 40's.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

On one for later, well 3 but i've got more on the biggest priced one.

Ascot 5.35
    ARABIAN COAST @ 25/1 didn't beat a great field lto but he did it quite impressively. This is much tougher but at that price i've had a good e.w bet.

TABDEED @ 16/1 also looks over priced and is another that would boost my holiday fund next week. E.way.
    EMARAATY @ 5/1 sets the standard and is another H.A.M. runner. Win single, for stakes back.

Very small combo Fc's and Tc's, too.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

11.25 Scottsville - AT THE OPERA - Nicely bred newcomer at 33's
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Kurious is an interesting one in the 230 at Ascot. Sire has started seeing a few winners and may be one to follow. Backed in from 16/1 to 12s/10s.
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1.10 Scottsville - CAPE BLUEBELL and FLAMES ARE FLYING - CB is a nicely bred newcomer and FAF is a possible improver. Both available at 25's.
  13. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1.45 Scottsville - Does not look the strongest maiden ever, so don't mind backing 3 real " rags " -

SHADOW HUNTER at 66's
    LAST SUMMER at 66's
    VOETSPORE at 80's
  14. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

5.50 Uttoxeter - ROBIN DEUZ POIS - Lightly raced 6yo who ran OK for a long way last time. Can improve for that at 25's.

7.20 Ripon - NOT SO SHY - Should do better now dropped back to minimum trip and is a potential improver at 11's.
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Forever in Love was beaten 3/4 length by Crystal Deauville at Brighton at the beginning of May giving it 6lbs. CD has gone up 17lbs in the ratings since then . You can put that down to that horse just being progressive and assume that FIL isn't or you can take the view that FIL's performance wasn't a bad one given CD's profile since.

So we move on to FIL's next race which is on the all weather. She broke badly (fortunately not a regular trait) and the jockey eased up on her when he realised that he was never going to get into the race. The handicapper has actually dropped her 2lbs when what he should have done in my opinion is ignored the race totally.

First time cheekpieces which may help to light her up.

The money has been for the two top weights in the race and for good reason. Rock on Baileys is a course and distance winning and is dropping down in class but the handicapper may have put enough weight on her to stop her from winning. Richenza is the favorite, the likely winner and the one I would be backing if I hadn't spotted this surefire certainty[​IMG]

520 Chelmsford. I'll be backing it with a lay in running just in case the headgear lights it up a little too much and it goes too quickly early on but, given the draw, there should be horses in front of it to give it some cover in case it breaks like a canonball and gets straight to the front.

Get on it at 14/1. You're welcome[​IMG]
  16. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1.45 Chelmsford - DOLLY DUPREE - Not knocked about on debut when a 25/1 3rd. Switch to turf resulted in a poor effort and does have to leave that one behind. Blinkers added and back to the AW today, so don't mind taking a chance at 20's.

2.55 Chelmsford - ICE SLICE - Yet to win on the AW, but coming down the weights and cheekpieces added for the first time. Again taking a chance with one, but happy doing so at 20's.

6.30 Leopardstown - AN AINGEAL DUBH and BILTMORE - Pair of possible improvers at 20's and 33's respectively.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've had word for Sir Roderic in the 255 but will also join you on Ice Slice for old times sake. I remember it winning for me when I was at Nottingham as a 3 year old (The horse was a 3 year old, not me).
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

5.10 Rasen - FULL TIME PARTY - Debut under rules at 10's.

5.55 Ayr - MILLIE THE MINX - Better last time and hopefully getting the hang of things at 22's.

6.55 Newmarket - GREYBYCHOICE and PURGATORY at 40's and 80's respectively.

8.50 Limerick - GLENDINE RIVER - Plenty of appeal back on the flat of such a mark at 12's.
  19. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Saturday 23rd June

10.50 Scottsville - TAKE BLACK - Hinted at ability in trial run and quite nicely bred, so happy risking the early 66's.

11.25 Scottsville - BLACKBEARD - Fair effort on 2nd start and had been off for a while so probably needed it. Blinkers added for today and can improve again at 11's.

12.00 Scottsville - GRECIAN LAUREL - Very nicely bred and well drawn at 14's.

12.35 Scottsville - DOUBLE GEMINI - Upped in trip for a weak looking race and really should get involved at 10's.
  20. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

2.55 Scottsville - PEACOCK ALLEY and ROMAN at 12's and 25's respectively.