1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

10/1 or more

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by SAMOAN, Jan 30, 2018.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Sunday 18th March - Limerick looks likely to go ahead, but everything else off and Sha - Tin already done for the day. Mainly South Africa for me therefore -

11.30 Greyville - Might prove to be an above average fillies Maiden plate and TO WOO and WATCHMEGO have major claims can't really justify either at 3's, so gone with a a trio of outsiders instead -

FAT CAT ( Nicely bred newcomer, who represents a decent stable at 16's )
    TUNE OF ANGELS ( One of the more exposed of these and did fade badly last time out. Did look a future winner in both runs prior to that however and the 9lb claimer makes her interesting at 33's )
    ALTRUISTIC ( Opened quite short on debut, but was a big drifter and ran accordingly. Slow start did not help, but did fade badly, so a huge leap of faith required. There was however plenty of previous / future winners in that field, so may have run better than the bare form suggests. Should know more today, has the plum draw and is the trainer's only runner today at 100's )
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

12.05 Greyville - Again siding with 3 " rags " -

CASSIUS COLT ( Slow out on both starts to date, but nicely enough bred and did show definite improvement last time. Ought to be capable of better at 33's )
    RU ( Gelded since last run and looks a possible improver at 50's )
    ROY'S BABOON ( Only bits and pieces of form to date, but would have needed his stable debut last time and should show a bit more today at 80's )
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

12.40 Greyville - PAMUNKEY - Found to be coughing after last run, so did well to get as close as he did. Best recent effort came under this jockey and his best form gives him a chance this field. Could just try to make all at 33's.

1.50 Greyville - ROY'S ROYALE - Much improved last time and does have a turn of foot at 14's.

2.25 Greyville - PALMIETO - Pretty solid last couple of runs and remains lightly raced at 10's.

3.00 Greyville - KEHILA - Hated having the first time blinkers and better judged on first 3 career starts, which all read OK. Bit to find overall, but still lightly raced and a big step forwards at 25's would not surprise.
  4. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Thursday March 22nd

3.05 Cork - SHANTELLE at 10's

4.55 Wolverhampton - ROBBIE THE BARD at 12's
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

8.45 Chelmsford - RED STRIPES - Not so good recently, but much better here and currently on a fair mark. 8 runners so ideal for an EW at 12's.
  6. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Friday 23rd March -

8.45 Kempton - SPIRITOFEDINBURGH at 28's

9.15 Kempton - UDOGO at 10's
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Apprentice Toby Eley was at Doncaster for one ride today (unplaced) and has travelled down to Wolves for one ride tonight.
    FRANK THE BARBER is a course winner.
    A small e.w punt @ 16/1
  8. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Sunday 25th March -

10.50 Sha-Tin - ULTIMATE GLORY and RACING LUCK - Missed most of the Hong Kong card, but playing in the last with these 2 outsiders at 40's and 66's respectively. Do like UG a bit more as seems to be coming back to form judged on his latest start when second to Turin Redstar ( 2nd fav today )
  9. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

UG finished very strongly for 3rd at an official 44/1.
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

1. 4.45 Doncaster - ZZORO and MAGIC CITY at 12's and 28's respectively
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

Christian Williams is a trainer to follow according to Mick Fitz'. At the start of the season he was asked to name one trainer to follow and this was his shout.
    I just started to look through the card at Taunton for tomorrow and it caught my eye that Dennis O'Regan is back in the country for 5 rides there, four of which are for Christian Williams.
    In the first race i noted he's on a 33/1 chance for him.
    Having already been interested, shortly after i also see a little write up in the RP about it...

Denis O'Regan, who moved back to Ireland in 2016 to become owner Barry Connell's main rider, travels to Taunton for five rides, four of which come for Christian Williams, who hopes his link-up with the jockey can flourish when opportunities allow.

O'Regan, who has also picked up a ride for Charlie Mann, perhaps has Youngoconnor (2.20) and Court Frontier (4.30) to look forward to most.

"I just want to get a bit more fluency with Denis when he's not riding for Barry," said Williams on Sunday.

"Youngoconnor should have improved a good bit from her first run. We haven't had her too long, but she's a nice mare who will handle the ground well, while Court Frontier should also have a good chance if he doesn't find the track too sharp.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/mon...make-most-of-denis-o-regan-partnership/324819

I'll be including these in my Hutching bets but i've also had a decent each way bet on Youngoconnor @ 33/1, in the first.

12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Forgot to mention, My eldest and son in law have bought a 5% share in this mule..

Capture.PNG

He's been recovering from a minor injury. I'll keep you posted if i hear anything. Not like they'll tell me anything mind.
    fcbasher likes this.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Brought down early on. Didn't even get a run for my money ffs.
  14. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

3.45 Flamingo Park - VARISTAR and DOMITIAN - The former needs to improve a bit, but is better off with the FAV for their recent meeting and is now down to a mark of 52. Domitian is a shade inconsistent, but reserves his best efforts for this track. Couple of fair EW shouts for me, both at 25's.
  15. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.15 Flamingo Park - Going with 3 in the closer -

LONDON FOG ( Newcomer to the region, who has placed over this distance and has the pace to overcome a wide draw at 10's )
    SECRET FORT ( 26 race maiden, but capable of fair form and hoping his new stable can eke out improvement at 20's )
    MISTER GEGGE ( Gradually progressing and may enjoy this extra furlong. Still lightly raced and the early 25's looks big )
  16. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

5.10 Huntingdon - Again going with 3 -

SOME DAY SOON ( OK In first 2, but well held in last of three bumpers in Ireland; returns for new yard today and money around all day, now into 10's
    HELIOBLU BARELIERE ( Bit of a mish mash of a pedigree, but thinking there is enough stamina there to be competitive. Rare Bumper runner for the yard and could be anything at 25's )
    ELVIZ ( Refused to settle on debut and bred to do better at 40's )
  17. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

5.20 Market Rasen - 3 "rags " for the closing Bumper -

MISS ALFIE ROSE ( First foal from a fairly useful 8.6f AW winner. Stamina an obvious worry on debut, but too nicely bred to ignore at 40's
    REGARDING RUTH ( Nicely bred newcomer from the Lucy Wadham stable and they can get one ready at 40's )
    BERHANELL ( Bred to do much better than his first 2 runs and worth noting he was 5/2F on debut. Bit different price today and does have it all to prove, but basically could not resist at 66's
  18. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Decent priced placed horses from the 4.15, 5.10 and 5.20. Plenty of bets, so just eked out a small profit. Bit of money around for REGARDING RUTH's 3rd and can hopefully build on that
  19. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Plenty of outsiders for South Africa this afternoon -

12.10 Vaal - REPENT - The 3 with experience all look dangerous, but each one looks a little short. Going with this nicely bred newcomer instead at 50's.

12.45 Vaal - TI GAR - Another nicely bred debutante, again at 50's.

1.20 Vaal - VIRGINIA MOON - Lightly raced, needed the run last time and every chance based on his debut win. Does need to re - find said form, but 10's looks a fair price to do so.

2.35 Vaal - SMART DEAL - SHALLCROSS looks the obvious one at 7/2, but would rather be with SD at 25's. Only shown promise to date in 3 starts, but do believe he is capable of better.

3.10 Vaal - MIESQUES RUMBA - Not in the best of form, but capable on a going day and is dropping in class today. Early 40's looks big to me.

3.50 Vaal - TOKYO DRIFT - Ran quite well last time against much stronger and Muzi Yeni keeps the ride today at 10's
  20. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

4.25 Vaal - Gone with 3 in the closer, all at EW prices + FC / TC -

IN THE GAME ( Bit of a no - show on last 2 starts, but draw did him no favours either time and better drawn today. Every chance on previous form at 14's )
    DOUBLE MINK ( 3rd run after rest. Rates a big danger on best form, though has only produced it once in 5 starts. Risky, but lightly raced and has ability, so could not ignore at 33's )
    AQUABUOY ( Essentially my favourite horse in training and when he pops up it tends to be at big prices. Always happy backing this one, especially at 40's )