1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

2011 Rugby Union World Cup Betting

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by traeth, Aug 23, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Fanstastic effort form your lads Yesterday Traeth and even with 14 men the best team did lose, was great suff for the neutral for the full 80+ mins, I won't go into the what ifs and maybe's as it's done and dusted now but with a full quota of players Wales would have won without a doubt.

France +16 for the final, ehhm there's a tempter if ever i saw one.
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

I was disappointed yesterday , but we lost the game

three kickers , Hook , Jones and Halfpenny missed kicks

once Warburton was sent off we lost:
    i) his leadership and nobody took charge,
    ii) we had lost a lifter in a lineout in which we were strugggling anyhow
    iii) the pack was reduced in numbers and strength

I believe that we should have made a substitution by taking one of the backs off and replacing him with a backrow with leadership qualities , possibly Davies off and Ryan Jones on.
    This is my final post mortem on the match, only positive thoughts from now on.
  3. Pie-chucker

Pie-chucker Member

Agree, Traeth.

But you can see something in this...

Pedantry and mastery are opposite attitudes toward rules. To apply a rule to the letter, rigidly, unquestioningly, in cases where it fits and in cases where it does not fit, is pedantry ... To apply a rule with natural ease, with judgment, noticing the cases where it fits, and without ever letting the words of the rule obscure the purpose of the action or the opportunities of the situation, is mastery. -George Polya, mathematician (1887-1985)
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

the bronze medal Friday

Wales v Australia
    Wales (2.38) v Australia (1.75 )
    the cap has Wales +4 with betfred

Wales have put out a strong side , I was expecting some of the second string getting a game but it does not look like it

the welsh team

Wales: L Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues); G North (Scarlets), J Davies (Scarlets), J Roberts (Cardiff Blues), S Williams (Ospreys); J Hook (Perpignan), M Phillips (Bayonne); G Jenkins (Cardiff Blues, capt), H Bennett (Ospreys), P James (Ospreys), B Davies (Cardiff Blues), L Charteris (Newport Gwent Dragons), D Lydiate (Newport Gwent Dragons), T Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons), R Jones (Ospreys).

Replacements: L Burns (Newport Gwent Dragons), R Bevington (Ospreys), A-W Jones (Ospreys), A Powell (Sale Sharks), L Williams (Cardiff Blues), S Jones (Scarlets), S Williams (Scarlets).

I must admit I did not think that Hook would play 10 again for Wales

IRB ranking system is odd

5. Pie-chucker

Pie-chucker Member

Beale back for Aus, Berrick Barnes to take pressure off Cooper. Warburton and Adam Jones mssing for Wales.
    Seems like Aus to cover the 2 pts is sensible.

Hope it is an open and cracking game. I need James O'Connor to score 18 pts to pretty much nail top tournie scorer. Will need at least one 5-pointer from him, but Wales pride themselves on stubborn insistence their try-line will not be breached.

No bet for me, just hope J O'C is fleet of foot and deadly with the boot.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just checked my Paddypower account and they've paid me out on my bet on NZ to win the cup.

Must be the only time ever that a team have started a tournement at 4/6 and been a BIGGER price when they got to the semi's :lol

Think I'll laythem with the hcap now.
  7. suirthing

suirthing Member

Jazus now is'nt Paddy very generous paying out before the event............I'm a Paddy myself and I know when another Paddy is a Bullshitter!, oh yeah pay out now so he can have a chance of getting it back quicker, open an account with Paddy Power, win a few quid and then see how hard it is to withdraw it, he will want birth cert, passport, dental records, DNA, etc, etc, basically fuck you around and in the mean time hope you will have a few bets and give it all back! Pack of Cunts!
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Oooohh bitter.

I love PP. Second best bookie on the planet next to bet365 in my book.

Don't know why but I've heard Many an Irishman slag em off though.

Not that that's likely to ever influence my opinion.
  9. Pie-chucker

Pie-chucker Member

The Final

If the ABs play with the power and intensity they had against Aus in the semi, then it's a 25 point margin to NZ.
    But, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope there's a bit of early nerves about ABs and that the very capable Frog forwards ramp it up as a unit, Yachvilli pressures on territory and.... Ah, forget it!

BUT. They might just be able to be worthy finalist in the first 40 mins. If so, at least we'll feel as if we have a game on our hands.
    If the ABs score first, then bugger.

3 pts Fra/NZ HT/FT @ 8-1
  10. Pie-chucker

Pie-chucker Member

... I suppose I have that 16-0 HT scoreline against the mighty England in the quarters in mind.
  11. suirthing

suirthing Member

Aye ODM, PP loves the English too, he finds it easy to bullshit them, his real name is not Paddy either, imagine changing your name to suit the buisness, don't know what its like in England, but he certainly does not hire the women that work in the shops for their looks, pack of old biddy's would'nt see as fugly working for Aer Lingus!:D when you go to collect, too you would think you were taking their wages away! Will agree with you on bet365, they are No1 too in my book, I rate Stan James and Boyles also.

Back to the rugby, I want to hear no more shite about hard luck Wales and poor old Wales deserved better, they lost 3 games against decent opposition, South Africa, France & Australia, so it cannot be hard luck. They beat an old Irish team who by the way lost only one game and went straight home, now thats bad luck :cry

Every article says the final depends on what French team turn up, bollox there is only one French team and thats the one we have become familiar with in the past few weeks, New Zealand will give another exibition as they did against Australia and will be winning this by 25 - 30 points. Its been a good world cup from the betting point of view all I have won will be on New Zealand -17 evens.
  12. traeth

traeth Moderator

result of the final
    New Zealand 8-7 France

not a classic , both sides defended well

it was a good betting world cup for us , especially the group stages , well done boys

now onto the six nations in February 2012
  13. suirthing

suirthing Member

Aye Traeth it was a good World Cup from the betting point of view and alot of good tips were given in this thread (I threw it all back on the final mind, really surprised by the French team that turned up!) French player Thierry Dusautoir got some consulation being named player of the year. Yes we got the six nations to look forward too, and don't forget the 'Mighty Heineken Cup' which starts next month :D

12 Nov Llanelli Scarlets v Castres
    12 Nov Munster v Northampton