1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

2015 Rugby World Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by Steve_uk, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Tournament Outright

EW: 1/3 1,2
    Selection Price
    New Zealand 11/10
    England 4/1
    South Africa 6/1
    Australia 7/1
    Ireland 8/1
    France 16/1
    Wales 20/1
    Argentina 50/1
    Scotland 150/1
    Samoa 200/1
    Tonga 1000/1
    Italy 1000/1
    Fiji 1000/1

Odds Betfred
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

I think you've posted this on the wrong forum, mate. You 'resigned' from here last month.

Hope this helps :thumb
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

I believe the winner of group A will win this tournament
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

He posted it three months ago though. Steve can be blamed for many things, but posting this two months before he left the forum probably isn't one of them :lookaround
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

There was a post last night, 2 mins before mine, RC - he obviously deleted it. Either that or I'm going crazy :unsure
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

8. Seen

Seen Moderator

9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Strange. If Steve posted and then deleted it, it should normally still show up on the thread as a deleted post. The only way it wouldn't show up, I think, is if a mod deleted it permanently.
  10. winrew

winrew GILF

11. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

As Lord Acton said in 1861: "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely".

12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I could be wrong on this but I suspect being a mod on Betnod wasn't exactly what he had in mind.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Thank fcuk for that, I thought he was talking about me lol.

I see Seen's trick worked anyhow, he's enticed Steve back.
  14. traeth

traeth Moderator

I was at a family do on Friday in England , the banter that I've subjected by English family members in the past came back to haunt me . Everyone in the local assumed I was Fijian as various family members subjected me to abuse. I know I carry excess weight but I look nothing like a Fijian. I don't know if it was the alcohol or being a lone "Fijian" in Derbyshire but I thought it was an average performance by England but they did the important thing in gaining the bonus point in a tough group.
    I'll be at home when England play Wales next week and I intend to place my phone on mute during the game.

Japan had a surprise victory against South Africa , their decision to take a scrum at the end when kicking a penalty for a draw would have been the "normal" decision was great to witness. It's results like this that makes watching sport fantastic.

In today's matches the favourites should win but I can see the underdog with the handicap being good bets.
    The Cap for the three matches are

USA +16 v SAMOA @ 2.0 ..just started
    Uruguay +66 v Wales @ 2.0
    Argentina +22 v New Zealand @ 2.0

Australia - 26 v Fiji on Wednesday will be a bet for me
    slick likes this.
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Fijian:lol

That's not so bad I suppose as long as the tuther half doesn't resemble one too, my they like their women big and butch, they're like the sea horses of the human race.

Should be a good game tomorrow Traeth, I see Lancaster has rung some changes which the Welsh seem to be glad of by the views I've seen on some rugby forums.
    Being a League Man I hope Burgess proves why his has got the nod and I think he will because he's an outstanding player, I just hope he's reading the instruction manual tonight lol.

I wouldn't like to predict a result in this one even though Wales have their Injury woes, when it comes to England I know no matter who is picked for Wales they will be up for it. The only advantage I see is home advantage for England which might just sway it in our favour.
  16. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Simon and Garfunkel on a thread about Rugby :thinking
  17. traeth

traeth Moderator

I can't pick a winner with the England match , one day I'm confident that we'll win , the next its England.
    The consensus of opinion regarding Burgess here in Wales is that he'll either be the hero or scapegoat in tomorrow's papers.
    Burgess is playing his third international and I think that Roberts/Scott Williams/Liam Williams should be able to drag him out of position and create gaps in England's defence especially with Barritt playing in the outside centre position instead of his usual inside centre position.
    We need possession but with the pack England have I can see them sticking the ball up their jumper and trundling up the field and they have Farrell to kick up field.
    Wales' confidence has risen based on England leaving the type of players we would select on the bench .The Welsh rugby fans are thankful that Ford , Launchbury and Haskell are on the bench , I think that the England bench is much stronger than ours and the turning point of the match could be when they come on..

C'mon boys

p.s. I think that ITV coverage is poor and what has that orangutan got to do with rugby?
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I thought it was a cracking game last weekend, I'm not a great RU buff but I thought England had the game well under control and couldn't understand the changes towards the end of the match which seemed to turn the game, I'd appreciate it if anybody could tell me why?
    If anything England seemed to get a bit too over confident and fell for a sucker punch of a Welsh try, England had the chance to draw level at the end but I don't blame them for going for it because it wasn't an easy kick and the pressure Farrell would have been under would have been immense, had he missed that who knows how it might have affected him in tomorrows big crunch game against Australia, better to have him going in there feeling confident on the back of a 100% kicking record against the Welsh.
    Either that or the arrogant English thought they could walk over the Welsh from the line out lol.

Still all's not quite lost yet and we do have a good record against the Aussies in WC tournies, I just wish the ex England players and managers would stop doing the Aussie team talk for them by talking bollocks and sledging the Aussies.
  20. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm not that much into egg chasing but do watch the occasional game but do England deserve to be favs tomorrow night ? I got a bit of a surprise when i heard someone in the bookies saying the Aussies are 5/4.

Is this a decent price ? Traeth maybe ?