1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

6 Point Soccer Tip !!!

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by hotspur, Feb 13, 2017.

1. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Im really stupid. Really really stupid. No doubt about about it. I know I must be because I was told on here in no uncertain terms that'
    "The only thing more stupid than anyone paying for tips is paying for tips and not betting all of them"

And I've completely ignored this.

And so I pay a professional gambler and tipster for his tips....even though I dont do most of them.:eek: :frown :unsure

Today there's a 6 point soccer tip coming at 12-20 and I can't for the life of me work out what it is.

I know it's available at 7 bookies inc WHill so I've looked at the site and I don't think it can be on the leagues so I think it must be a cup selection.

Anyway I thought I'd give all of you the chance to guess what it is before I give it later.

It's on an outright market I should point out.

(Don't let the fact that I think it isn't on a league affect what you think but then seeing as I pay for tips I don't bet on I'd have thought that unlikely anyway)
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

nah you're alright thanks
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The only thing more stupid than paying for tips is trying to guess what other people's tips are going to be
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

If a 'professional gambler' has to beg people to give them money for tips, they ain't no professional gambler. Fact.
  5. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Well I totally disagree ODM. I not only enjoy trying to figure out what tips a really good tipster is going to come up with but if I have no idea what it is as in this case -which is why I posted this -and when I see it I think oh fuck ,damn,yeah,I should have thought of that then it keeps me on my toes so to speak.

But hey each to his own.
  6. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

This guy doesn't beg anyone to pay for his tips.

He's Tony Ansel and he's made over £2 million from betting I believe and spends a great deal of his time trying to get bets on with his accounts all round the world.

His motivation in selling isn't money. He hardly ever leaves his house so money ain't much use to him.
  7. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I thought it unlikely that anyone would.
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Lol.

Ok I've seen the tip . And I laughed !

But fuck it now you might think I did this thread to show that I can predict tips from Tony Ansel.oh well.

Because in fact I did see this price a week ago and think bloody hell that seems decent.And it's gone down slightly.

In fact it's only technically an ante post /outright bet.

I think anyone of you could pick it out if you knew what area it was in.And some of you even if you didn't. It might actually have been tipped on here already in fact,oo er !

It involves the Champions League.

To qualify....
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

If he can't get bets on anywhere then he isn't a professional gambler then. In fact he's not even a gambler!

If not for monetary gain then I guess he sells his tips for purely altruistic reasons then - except that that is an oxymoron, so he doesn't.

On his twitter account...

TONY ANSELL: Professional sports gambler, Odds consultant, FD/part owner of a major childrenswear company, Lateral thinker. Athletics/Ante-Post betting expert

Did he make his money from gambling and then buy this company, or is it vice versa?

upload_2017-2-13_13-0-7.png
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I actually had no idea you hadn't heard of him Seen.

He's my hero. I have no doubt whatsoever that I've learned more about betting from him than from all the countless threads I've read and from all but two or three betting books put together.

His most famous exploit was making £750,000 from betting on Scottish football having realised the bookies were pricing the games up wrongly almost every week in the lower leagues ,giving the home team too much credit.

But he's now one of the best athletics bettors in the world in all likelihood. During major events he only has to post an antletics bet for the price to fall significantly within a minute.

I don't know when he got into children's clothing but I think we can safely summise that he hasn't made anything like as much money from it than from betting.

And obviously he does get bets on. But he will constantly need to get others to do it for him.

As I'm sure you know this is a major problem for all successful bettors.
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I just saw the last bit of Seens post.

YEP. Lots of people hate Tony Ansell .

I'd love to see the profit/loss record over many years of anyone who thinks he's a bad tipster.

How he fuck would they know ? Anyone judging someone's performance over a small sample really doesn't know what they're talking about.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  12. Seen

Seen Moderator

So he's 'one of the best athletics bettors in the world', yet still needs to ask people to give him money in return for tips? :p

That may be so, but is no evidence that he's successful - just that he has plenty of mug followers. I refer you to Isiris.
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Probably when he was a child. Doubt he'd get into it now.
    winrew and hotspur like this.
  14. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Why would Tony Ansell sell tips if not for the money?

Well first of all,on this forum,on a number of occasions,I've had people who've never met me tell me exactly what I must be thinking or what my motives are!

And they have almost always been not just wrong but often as wrong as it's possible to be.

So I don't want to be arrogant enough to think that I know what his motive is in selling but I do have a theory and the theory definitely makes sense. In fact I'd say it's more likely to be true than the idea that he's doing it because he just wants even more money.

Tony Ansell likes showing off. I think even he would say that's true.

That's just in his DNA.

Just look at his Twitter picture(unless he's changed it).

He has very little humility. He's arrogant . It's one of the reasons so many dislike him.

Now of course apparently I'm arrogant too and I'm certainly not going to try to disabuse anyone on here of that notion but it's all relative and so I would like to compare two fundamental beliefs about betting that Tony and I have,

"People who do what I do are born not made"

"Anyone can do what I do "

Now I don't know about you but I think one of those statements suggests humility and the other arrogance .

(Of course I'm in no way comparing any money I may or may not have won with what Tony has done. But I've been called arrogant and so presumably I must have something to be 'arrogant' about)

Anyway the point is that I believe it's likely that Tony Ansell sells tips because it's very hard for for him to give away tips without bookies instantly cutting their price.

And there are people out there who are stupid enough to see the new price when they go to the bookie and not realise he did that.

As I said the other day,with antepost bets,prices don't tend to change so readily.edit. Oops I forgot to add... But even Tony Ansell would probably change evenmost of those if he gave them away.

Now I'm sorry for that quite long explanation but if you don't buy that how about this;

There's a 30-50% chance that I myself will be selling information concerning antepost accumulators over the next few years.

And I'd DEFINITELY NOT be doing it for the money!

In my case it will be because I simply cannot see any other way of helping people win money. And I want to help people win money and yes also to encourage more people to bet this way.

The main way I should be able to do this is by giving it away. But I have come to believe that it's way too hard to do that on gambling forums.

But apart from that I simply don't like being accused of boasting and arrogance when all I want is to help people understand why betting accumulators on long term markets is the best way to bet.

On almost all other forums some mathematician insists I'm wrong.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Well Seen,as regards your second point,if that's what you wish to believe that is of course your perogative.

But I've read it a bit more about how he finds value in these markets and I have no doubt he's the real deal.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Yes, my initial impression of him is that he's on some kind of power trip. However, that doesn't in any way explain why he needs to charge people for his tips. Unless you're suggesting that if he gave them away for free the bookies would see them and cut the prices before anyone could get on? If so, and if he really is so feared by the bookies, then DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT BOOKIES WOULDN'T SUBSCRIBE TO HIS SERVICE TO DO JUST THAT?

And regarding your own possible future subscription service, I agree that the majority of mugs on the message boards are stupid enough to automatically assume that paid for tips must be better than free tips, but if you really are as altruistic as you are implying, then you will only be catering for mugs, mugs who won't even want to learn how to do things themselves - and therefore who don't deserve to be helped.
    slick likes this.