1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

A Weekend Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Oct 7, 2011.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol:lol I like that a lot
    Punter likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

What a shit week last weeks was.
    A Bro in law passed away after undergoing a heart operation.
    He had been waiting over 18 months for it after delay after delay and got himself into good shape in readiness for it.
    After a 12 hr Op he never came back round, they said he had developed a bleed on the brain and died a week later while on life support.

He was a smashing fella too and always there if I needed anything, still can't believe he's gone as he was here at mine having a meal the day before his Op full of life and planning all sorts once the Op was done.

Life can be shit at time.
    RIP Bernard, you'll be missed big fella,
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:frown Fuckin hell that is shite mate. In a weird, weird sort of way, it makes you wonder if the delay in getting the operation might even have gained him some extra months of life. Strange to think of it that way but it may have been a blessing in a way. How old was he Slick?
    slick likes this.
  4. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sorry to hear that Slick.
    slick likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

That's also crossed my mind mate so it's not that weird.
    He was 71 and apart from his heart problem fit as a fiddle, hardly drank and never smoked.
    According to the surgeon; the heart OP was a complete success but when they started bringing him out of sedation 24 hrs later he started having seizures and not responding to anything.
    Brain scans revealed the bleed so they put him back on sedation and administered new drugs but it never worked. After more scans they then said the damage was so great that if he ever did come round he would have no functions whatsoever and would also be blind and deaf.
    So when you look at it that way I suppose the outcome was for the best.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:frown
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sorry to read that, Slick :frown
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

9. Punter

Punter Moderator

10. slick

slick Administrator

Sorry for making everybody so glum:frown

It's the works do this Friday so onward and upwards, then after that on the same night I'm at an house warming party as we have some new neighbours so that should be fun depending what state I'm in.
    This has all the makings of a 15 hour bender lol.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Works do for me as well on Friday. Should be tame compared to last weekend tho