1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Ante Post and Specials Betting 2022/23

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Punter, May 30, 2022.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

This coming out quite soon after Mane being linked with Bayern.

Although i'm not a betting man anymore i thought i'd take a look at the odds on him joining Liverpool. I think he fits the bill in that..

1. FSG are not looking to spend too much if Mane does leave. With the Anfield Rd end being redeveloped this summer and the fact they intended to spend £50M on Luis Diaz this summer but were forced to act quickly in January's transfer window, LFC will be looking for cheap business now.

2. There is a HUGE respect between him and Klopp.

Here's what they have said about each other..

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1214626524974010370?s=20&t=JYGGzllZubqF7AKrNp-dNw

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/klo...st-player-ive-ever/1cyosrtqg71q216pe3u8nbqvnq

Of course there are opportunities all over Europe for Lewandowski, Newcastle and Chelsea to name two in England, Barcelona are fav's, but he's approaching 34 now and it depends what he's looking for. If it's a big final pay packet then he wont be coming to Liverpool. But if its for a footballing reason and a half decent wage then Liverpool would be ideal for both him and us.

I was expecting to see around 8/1 but Paddy Power/Betfair are 18/1!
    Skybet are the only other firm with odds up on this at 11/1
    slick and ONEDUNME like this.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Anybody got any thoughts on whether Lewandowski will sign for Barca or not?

Best Odds of 1.25 is ridiculous given their financial position. I know they have sold a percentage of their tv rights and have other investments from Spotify to name one but they are still under financial fair play pressure and are nowhere near to getting close to meeting the salary cap imposed on them.

I know the sale of De Jong would help but does he really want to leave? He's owed around £17M in wages an still has 4 yrs left on his contract.
    Barca have already signed Raphina today so this could possibly have some impact on the deal as Bayern are holding out for £50M and saying they wont sell for less.

Lewandowski has made it clear he wants to leave and has turned up late for training twice already this week.

One thing that i found very noticeable though is that he's been working hard through the summer and is as hench as fuck. I think he's been in training for the Premier League.
    Several clubs interested but i still think Klopp will be shouting to get him in, despite me saying in my 1st post that money will be tight this summer. And especially as Darwin Nunez is already looking like an Andy Carroll signing.

I'm probably wrong but 33/1 to join Liverpool looks way too big and i cant rule out other English clubs. I honestly dont think he will stay at Bayern and i dont think Barca can afford him. I think he is Premier League bound.
    slick and SAMOAN like this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

There's also talk today that Barcelona have come to an agreement to buy Bernardo for around 80mill Euros, if so they wont be able to afford Lewandowski whether they sell De Jong or not.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Based on what Punt? Not the warm up against United surely lol.

Nunez is a good player, no point in wasting good money on Lewandowski:wasnme.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Looks like he's signing for Barca in the morning. Shame, i think he would of smashed it in the Premier League.

I don't read anything in to pre season friendlies... but just for the record he's had two x 30 minute stinkers.

I've seen a few video's like this..

His first touch has been terrible and his finishing hasn't be brilliant either. He's nowhere near the level of Haaland.

I dont mean to do him dirty, he's still young at 23 and i'm sure he's going to improve. I hope he sticks the middle finger up at me for knocking him but it's probably going to be a while before we see the next leap in improvement.
    Fucking hope he doesn't turn out to be a Harry Maguire signing.
    slick likes this.
  6. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Best bet for this new season?

Nottingham Forest to be top promoted club in Premier League @ 7-4 [Boylesports]
    slick and Punter like this.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm backing Preston for promotion at 10/1. I've watched every replay and read the match reports and stats and if the games had gone the way they probably should have so far, they would be joint top with Norwich in my view. Norwich are 15/8. Preston are 10/1.

Likewise, Hull are in a false position second in the table and won't finish in the top 6 playing like they are.
    slick likes this.