1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Are Refs getting a fair deal

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Colbro, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Watching the Chelsea Villa game last night I came to the conclusion that the ref had been heavily influenced by the hysteria following The Arsenal Villa game last Saturday and the criticism of referee Anthony Taylor.

I have found out today that Taylor has been dropped for next weekend and as refs are now professional this will obviously affect his livelihood. I am also surprised at how quietly it has been done and we have no idea who has made the decision or the reasons why the decision has been made.

Having just googled Anthony Taylor there is very little information about his suspension but there is the following compilation of some of his errors - the omissions being the times he favoured Arsenal with bad decisions.

Having watched the video if that was the case for for the prosecution then I would say that Taylor is very unlucky indeed and I would expect Kevin Friend to receive an even longer suspension. I also accept that my view is biased so I am wondering what more neutral people feel about Taylors treatment.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/r...s-dodgy-calls-during-arsenal-1-aston-villa-3/
  2. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Taylor is fourth official in the Stoke Crystal Palace game so It appears he has not been dropped.

I have found the website that made the video above. It can be found here

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/referees
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I thought Taylor had a good game in the Arsenal v Villa match, if it wasn't for the Arsenal players constantly staying down after a fair tackle looking for a free kick then they might have actually put up a fight.

The first game of the day liverpool v Stoke was a cracker and very similar physically to the Arsenal game, difference being both sides got on with the game and gave as much they got.

I mentioned last week had the ref's been briefed on letting a lot more go this season because in both games the ref was more lenient than usual but what great games they produced.
    Then on the Sunday it was business as usual which i reckon was down to Arsenal's moaning.

It's a pity really as the prem got off to a great start but it now looks like the ref's will spoil the rest of the season due to a team full of soft cnut's.
    Colbro likes this.