1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year (SPOTY) 2015

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Ah - they do now:lol
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've a couple of big priced outsiders on with small stakes but i'm going to be chipping away at Antony Joshua from now until his next fight. 5/1 still looks big. I thing he's the most exciting heavyweight since a young Mike Tyson.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I'd go along with that Punt but until he fights and beats Fury I'm not so sure because I can't see them fighting this year but you never know, money talks.
    I'm also wary because it's an Olympic year and another couple of Golds for Flo Mo would probably swing it in his direction I reckon.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Saying that I can see Fury getting beat by Klitchko next time out and then he'll be raring to have a go at Joshua.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Joshua will fight again this year, i'm convinced of it. He's too box office not to. If Fury gets beat i could see AJ's promoters going for a fight with WBC holder Deontay Wilder (Record: 36-0-0 (35 KOs) instead, in a mega pay day in Vegas.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I know Punt, he said he was going to fight in July possibly against Haye, we have to remember here he's still only a rookie realistically speaking so until he beats somebody of note which I don't think will happen this year, I can't see him him winning SPOTY.
    Next yr maybe when the big fights should come along.
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

Another small e.w bet on Bale @ 66/1, Boylesport.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

Bale around 16/1 now, as short as 10/1. He probably needs to finish top scorer at the Euro's and Wales to make the final, to win this.
    I've got potential place money @ 0ver 13/1 though

Favourite Vardy, is a great story but i think he also needs to do it at the Euro's from now on.

Antony Joshua will win SPOTY 2016 no matter who he fights or doesn't fight. A huge following, Britain needs him right now and he can dominate for a decade. I'm going to back him every week from now until xmas. A massive 4/1 at present.

You can forget the olympics, nobody is interested. It's not in the UK. We all know Mo' is a Somalian so he wont win it. I might back Laura Trott with a small bet before it starts for place money though.
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Got to go to Chris Froome after today, surely?

:lol
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

He's been backed in from 33/1 to 20/1!
  11. slick

slick Administrator

The guys a fcuking legend, through no fault of his own he came of his bike yesterday and ended up running up the fcuking mountain.
    From being in a strong position he ended up nearly two minutes down but In the end sense prevailed and the authorities gave him his yellow jersey back.

Today was the Individual Time Trial and although he came second he gained time on his nearest rivals, barring some sort of disaster he's already got the TDF in the bag. His only rival although the clock may say different is Quinata, Froome's proved this week Quintana is no nowhere near good enough to touch him and even if Quintana wins the odd battle here and there, he ain't going to make up 3 mins.

Winning 3 TDF's should be a no brainer when it comes to winning SPOTY because it's legendary status, I won't bite betting wise because I've lost 2 yrs on the trot now betting on Froome, but should he also get a gold medal at the Olympics then fcuk me there couldn't be a more deserving winner.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

13. slick

slick Administrator

Why are we in the SPOTY 2015 thread?:thinking
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  14. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

..because someone just ran one into the other presumably because they couldn't be bothered to create a new thread. As for Froome shouldn't he have won it last year?
  15. slick

slick Administrator

From a sporting point of view yes, but people have short memories and by the time SPOTY comes around the first 6 months of the year are usually forgotten unless it's a spectacular one off.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

Max Whitlock anybody? if you're quick you can still get around 15's
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

He has every chance. Too many others do too though. I'm chickening out of this market with a few small losses already! Good luck to him, best price 7/1 now
  18. Steve_uk

Christopher Froome. Sorry I didn't see Whitlock had won 2 golds, but Froome has won the TDF 3 times.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Won't be enough Steve because he doesn't get enough media exposure, I've been on him for the last couple of yrs and he never get's a sniff in, He'll do well to finish in the top three; more so in an olympic year.

Since Whitlock, Jason Kenny and Laura Trott have also been thrown into the mix as British record gold medal holders, not to mention Murray having a Wimbledon/ Olympic gold year.
    I wouldn't touch this yrs SPOTY with a barge pole.

The women winning the Hockey tonight though could give them the edge in the team selection over the English RU team and they're not in the betting yet although I'll be very surprised if Leicester FC don't win it.
  20. Steve_uk

I didn't know whole teams could win it. I think it's time to rebrand the show anyway as maybe Sports Achievement of the Year because Max Whitlock would be far more marketable commercially than Froome(as ODM has hinted about some stars advertising sugary breakfast cereal I'm sure Whitlock never eats) but the public generally don't know enough about the individual's personality in question when casting their vote.