1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Betfred

Discussion in 'Betting Talk' started by Gavster, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Is this site not working for others?

I often have issues with their site, but it seems like there's a big old error tonight...

2. Punter

Punter Moderator

No problems for me Gav, working fine.
  3. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

It'll this f*cking computer then. God knows what's up with it. New all-singing/dancing laptop after Christmas though.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I have a problem with Hills on my comp' Gav, keeps freezing on me, it takes 5 minutes to put a bet on with them. No problems at all with Betfred though? Have you e-mailed them?
  5. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

It's the computer. Happens a lot of the time, but never as detailed above. I've just deleted all temporary files and cookies, which seems to have sorted it for now. Jeas this laptop can't come soon enough!
  6. suirthing

suirthing Member

Betfred won’t pay out granny’s Olympics bet!

Family pride wasn't the only reason Linda Aldred was elated to see her grandson Sam Oldham win a surprise bronze medal in men's gymnastics at the London Olympics.

The 66-year-old from Ramsgate also had made a lucrative bet before the Games began that Oldham would take home a medal.

Aldred placed a £5 bet at 200-to-1 odds with Betfred in honour of her late husband and Oldham's grandfather, Eric, whom she described as "a betting man."

She attempted to cash in her bet after the Olympics, but bookmakers said they wouldn't pay her the £1,000 she thought she was due because Oldham's medal came in the team competition rather than as an individual.

"I was stunned," Aldred told the Thanet Times. "I am really happy Sam won, it is more the principle than the money, but I could have used the winnings to pay for my ticket to see Sam at the 2016 Olympics in Rio."

It's tempting to suggest that a grandmother who has never bet before might have simply misunderstood the wager she was making, but Aldred's betting slip appears to corroborate her argument.

Nowhere on that slip does it specify that Oldham needed to capture an individual medal for her to win. The 200-to-1 odds also would be reasonable either way since a British team hadn't won a medal in men's artistic gymnastics in 100 years.

Aldred said she has taken her complaint up with The Independent Betting Adjudication Service.

Story in the news today, is a team medal not a medal? :thinking
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

After an investigation, she was paid out yesterday, according to Betfred. Poor form from them all the same.