1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Betnod free cash football comp 2015/16 wc 7/8/15 week 1

Discussion in 'BETNOD free Cash Football comp for season 2015-16' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 2, 2015.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think I'd prefer the rabid dog to be honest:lol
    Punter likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Aye well done, some good tipping there.
    A shambles from me though lol.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Are we scrapping the cutoff time altogether (and letting people post at any time over the weekend), or just putting it back to 3pm?
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm ok to scrap the cut off point.

I'm happy for someone to post up a Sunday/Monday coupon if they happen to miss a Saturday, for whatever reason.

Easy either way.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Not really a problem early in the season, especially when it's just a case of people forgetting or not being around for the Saturday. The only possible problem might be towards the end of the season if someone starts using it as a tactic i.e. if they've got a couple of points lead at the top of the table, waiting to see how the person in 2nd gets on on the Saturday before posting up their picks later. Probably won't happen, but better to decide these things now so it's clear.
    Punter likes this.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Bloody good point RC. How about we apply some common sense- i.e. it's not a problem at the mo so we relax the rules early doors. If someone is daft enough to let all the Saturday games go on the basis that they can see how their rivals perform to influence their picks on a sunday this early in the season then they're likely to end up worse off but we will apply the cut off later in the season if we have to.
  7. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Sounds OK to me. I don't think anyone would use it as a deliberate tactic at this stage in the season anyway, like Punter says it's probably more likely to be a case of people forgetting or not being around on the Saturday for whatever reason, pretty sure we've let people post on the Sunday last season at some stage for the same reason.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Or maybe we could just half the odds for anybody posting past the cut off point to deter the cheaters lol
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's not as daft as it sounds to be fair. It still gives you a chance if you've missed the cut off but doesn't penalise you completely. Something we could consider introducing from January onwards maybe?
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Who said it was daft ya cheeky rascal.
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Slick would say that wouldn't he, half of 0 is still 0, it won't affect him

:leaving
    Punter likes this.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cheeky rascal? There's no need for that kind of bad language Slick.

Tut tut
  13. newman200

newman200 OTC

As a very recent recruit to this thread and am still finding my way around, I'm at a loss where to find this weekend's odds and where to post them. I'm away until late Friday so will of course miss the game that night.
    HELP
  14. traeth

traeth Moderator

15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Traeth's given you the link for this week. But in general if you can't find the thread, just go to the main forum home page. From there, there's a section called Competitions (the same section that contains the Talksport/I know the score threads), and in there is a sub-forum called "Betnod free cash football comp for season 2015-16". If someone's already posted the odds, they'll be in there in a thread with the date of the weekend in question.

If they haven't, and you're in a hurry and need to post because you're going away, feel free to start your own thread. You don't have to do all the copying and pasting of the odds for all the leagues for the weekend, one of us will do that when we get a chance and add it to the thread.

You can if you like look up the odds of your selections on Bet 365 and include them. Everyone that backs the same team gets the same price though, so if by the time one of us pastes the odds up the odds on any of your selections have changed, we'll edit your post to update them (bearing in mind that could work against you or equally could go in your favour if the price increases). If you definitely want to take the current price, you'd have to take a screenshot of the odds at the time you post and include that in with your selections (the same as you would if you want to back anything from a league for which the odds aren't posted), in which case anyone else that backs them would get the same price you get.

Hope that's of some help, any more questions, feel free to ask :thumb
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    newman200 likes this.