1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Boxing day matches

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by ONEDUNME, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

My mate, a Utd fan, wants him sacked before he gets it right.
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Joe Allen, Borini, Assaidi, Sahin, Yesil. I think they are the players that have been bought or come in on load since Rodgers took over. Do any of them scream "quality" to you?
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I wouldn't worry about that. It'll be years before he ever gets close to right. Your mate knows fuck all if he thinks this bloke is going to challenge United in the next ten years.
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

i dont know whether hes the right man or not but the problem at Liverpool is the expectation, much more than the appointments. Punters okay cos we kindly keep pointing out to him how crap they are, good at home, crap away. Fulham to a tee.
    My point is: they cant give Hodgson no time or chance & then say the same about the next but one bloke after 6 months, therefore moaning about them giving a manager too much time is a moot point. I'm not knocking your argument, I'm saying they are in a fucking mess that can only be resolved by giving someone time
    Punter likes this.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It can only be resolved by giving the right man some time. The longer you keep some clueless clown in charge, the longer it takes before the right man gets the time he needs.

My issue is with the fact that the Liverpool fans and owners and the media seem to have bought into this idea that Rodgers is some kind of new age messia with the key to eternal football heaven. HE'S FULL OF FUCKING BULLSHIT!!!

Everyone should take their head's out of their arses and listen to what's coming out of his mouth. Eventually, he's going to run out of excuses.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So my prediction is that he'll finish about 8th this year. Everyone is happy because it's a work in progress. Anything better than 8th this season gives him a problem next season because he'll be expected to improve upon it. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the foot off the gas an rests players if he looks like he's going to finish outside the european places so as to ease the pressure for next season.

So let me ask you all a question, what happens when he fails to deliver european football at the end of the 2013/14 season? Is he still building?
  7. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Very good day overall for me
  8. beamer

beamer Moderator

Well done Yorkie.

I think the end result with Rodgers is he will walk eventually. I hope I'm wrong, but even if he improves the squad, I really don't see any long term improvement.

We expose the defence constantly when we are in possession, yet still only have one up front. I could understand this risk/ reward strategy if we got players in the box, or had players capable of finishing.

With Rodgers it's 4,3,3.

The same system under Rafa was called 4, 5,1.

If he has no plan b and continues in this vein, he really needs to got a strong holding midfielder, who can probably double up in defence.

Lucas must wish he had moved clubs when he was out injured.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

I dont know what the answer is tbh, but it looked like men against boys out there tonight. Stoke looked like they had giants playing for them compared to what we put out.

I cant really answer your question ODM, i think he'd probably be sacked at the end of next season if he hasnt delivered european football but who knows, our owners have gone with buying young as they are no Abramovich or the fella that owns City. We're not in the position attract the Neymar's and Falcao's of the world and even when we do get money to spend we generally waste it and pay over the value

I think another problem is, is our history is weighing heavy on us at the moment and it's the non Liverpool fans that expect more from us than what we actually do.

On a more positive note.. Manchester United have sacked referee Howard Webb, after he awarded Liverpool their first penalty of the season.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well you might be right with that. Usually, it's the Liverpool fans yacking on at the beginning of every season that this is the year that they're going to push on - every year they're just as wank as the year before. This season the whole thing has turned on it's head. Liverpool are just as wank as they were before - Actually, I'll amend that, they're even worse that they were last year because they had 39 points from 19 games last year, 9 more than they do at the same stage this season.

This year, the Liverpool fans mantra is that it's along term project and the Rodgers is here to build something. That's fine, but have you seen anything to suggest that the bloke knows what he's doing yet? I haven't. I don't know where the idea comes from that he's a football guru. He won promotion with Swansea - A premiership side in waiting who had finished just outside the play-offs playing decent football BEFORE he took over. He didn't build the side or the culture - he just followed in the footsteps of two other blokes who had, so why are Liverpool expecting him to work the miracle at Liverpool? It baffles me.

He lasted six months of a season at Watford and four months at Reading. He's a man who's had one good season on the back of a set up that someone else created. Otherwise, his record stinks. I think I'm right in saying he got a point per game with Reading - form that would have seen them relegated over the space of a full season. He left, they finished 9th - season after they were in the play offs - season after, they won the division.

I might be wrong and he may be the messiah. All I hear is bullshit coming out of his gob and clueless displays that smack of a lack of any tactical nouse.
  11. winrew

winrew GILF

Yep , all the groundwork was done by Martinez ... Rodgers is starting to look and sound like that David Brent bloke ..
  12. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

When you put it like that........still reckon they'd be in a better place under Hodgson by now, & the fans can be blamed for that