1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

British Football Betting 8th - 13th March 2019

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Mar 6, 2019.

1. slick

slick Administrator

1.1.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG 6.PNG 7.PNG

Odds Bet365

18+
    odds are correct at time of publishing (22:55 on 06/03/2019) and subject to change.
  2. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

Cant help remembering the crack we use to have with Ross when looking over the Scottish fixtures,they were great times.I loved reading the early posts as soon as the oods come out and then we could do debate the best bets as the weekend drew nearer,I say debate,but I knew nothing and he knew just about everything on the Scottish leagues.

Anyway, a couple of early thoughts
    Rochdale really struggle at Home (only the bottom cub has a worst record) and shipping nearly 2 goals a game,conceding 4 to the bottom side at home their last game doesn't look good either.Shrewsbury their opponents do have the worsted away record but their away goal difference of - 9 compared with Rochdale's - 16 home goal difference and the fact that Shrewsburys points haul of 12pts away to Rochdale 15pts at home , the bookies make the away side slight favourites and the odds might be right.

Oldham are probably having one of their best seasons,and im quietly confident they can turn Cambridge over,think the odds compilers have got this one slightly wrong too.
    rcgills and slick like this.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Halifax on an incredible run of 8 clean sheets in their last 9 league games, and have kept 5 clean sheets in a row at home. They were struggling for goals in that run too, but got a couple of forwards in on loan a couple of weeks ago and have won both games since, both players scoring last time out in a 3-0 win against Barnet.

Ebbsfleet have failed to score in 5 of their last 6 games.

Halifax local paper quotes a journalist that covers Ebbsfleet as saying "They are low on confidence but struggling to create chances. They’ve only had 12 senior players for each of the last two games so it’s hardly surprising they’ve looked leggy". Ebbsfleet's players released a statement at the beginning of February saying that they hadn't been paid for January, and also that the club hadn't paid their medical insurance premiums, meaning they (unknowingly) played 3 games without any insurance. Since that statement, they've won just 1 out of 5 games.

Fancy Halifax to win @ 3.1, also to keep a clean sheet @ 3.25
    slick and fcbasher like this.
  4. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Good stuff RC, will be having a bet on them myself now
    rcgills likes this.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Always struggle to predict the Gills, but 3.2 to beat Oxford looks far too big. Only 1 point and 1 place between the two sides (Gills the higher of the two), and Oxford have only won once away from home all season. Gills in decent form, last four games have seen wins at home to Scunthorpe and away to Wycombe (both mid-table), a 4-2 defeat at Sunderland although we played pretty well before losing to 2 penalties, and only failing to win at Fleetwood (who from memory I think were 8th at the time) due to a 90th minute equaliser.

We've had plenty of shockers so far this season, especially at home, but I certainly don't think we're outsiders here. Taken DNB @ 2.25
    fcbasher likes this.
  6. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

Good call with the Gills,rc. I myself couldnt pick an apple from a tree,back to the drawing board.
    rcgills likes this.
  7. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

Carrying on with the Gills (17th) tonight host Bristol Rovers (20th), ive had bet at 2.08 DNB on the Gills.They have to content with a couple of injuries and loanee attacker Ricky Holmes is a doubt.

Bristol Rovers have problems in defence with Tareiq Holmes-Dennis (knee) and fellow full-back Joe Partington (calf) unlikely to be fit,Rovers are also without right-back Daniel Leadbitter.

Stats - Gillingham have only lost one of their last 10 league matches with Bristol Rovers (W7 D2), and have scored 24 goals in those meetings.

Gillingham haven't won a home league game on a Tuesday since November 2015 against Rochdale (P13 W0 D9 L4 since)

Bristol Rovers are unbeaten in six away league outings (W4 D2).

The Gills website fancys Gillingham to win 2-1 and Max Ehmer to score first
    Ive opted for him score anytime @16s.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    rcgills likes this.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Wouldn't worry too much about the Gills' injuries, Basher. Holmes has been injured ever since he joined us, it'll be a bonus if we get a couple of months out of him before the end of the season. Bingham's always injured. Lacey is probably 4th in line at CB. The only one who on paper is a big miss is Zakuani, who's probably our best defender. Having said that, since he got injured for the season at Barnsley, we've played 5, won 3 of them (all won to nil), and only drew with Fleetwood after they scored a 90th minute equaliser, so we're certainly not doing badly without him.

Bristol Rovers' away form worries me a bit, so I'm going to avoid backing Gills, may get involved in play later as I'll be watching the game on the iFollow service.

Good odds you've got there for Ehmer. I've only got a Bet365 account these days and they're far stingier on him, he's 16/1 first scorer, never mind to score at any time. For goalscorer, I'm going with my usual bet on Luke O'Neill. Hits a mean free kick from anywhere around the edge of the box, and after Eaves' latest penalty miss at the weekend, and with Callum Reilly (who's taken a couple when Eaves has been absent) normally on the bench, I suspect O'Neill may be next in line for penalty duty as well.
    fcbasher likes this.
  9. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Actually, scrap that about the penalties, Reilly's back in the starting lineup tonight, so is presumably next in line if Eaves is taken off penalty duty.
  10. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

Great insight there rc, cheers , come on the Gills :)
    rcgills likes this.
  11. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cagey first half at Gillingham, not many chances at either end so far. One goal will likely be enough to win it.