1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Bury FC

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, Aug 23, 2019.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Come on Bury pull something out of the bag.

Less than an hr to go now before we find out what's going to happen.
    Be a crying shame to see them go under with the history they have, The owner Dale is turning out to be a first class twat, coming out with the begging bowl on Talksport today when he's had months to try and sort this out.

He seems to be out pricing any potential new buyers for his own means knowing the land Gigg lane sits on is worth a fortune to developers unless the price comes with £1 million in his own pocket after buying the club for a £1.

It's no wonder the Bury fans are up in arms.
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Gutting for the fans. The Greedy bastard.

Having gone through it with Hereford i know how they feel.

I think i read somewhere that only 5, maybe 6? English teams had played more league games than Bury.

Feel for Bolton fans too.
    slick likes this.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I have a feeling Bolton will get out of it as Bolton is probably big enough to be a City in it's own right and prove a lot more attractive to an investor but Bury seems to be getting screwed over by the owners greed with the limited offers they are receiving.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

This is not a popular view but I've said it many times before. Until clubs start going out of business, the stupid money and the spectre of debt is going to hang over the game. It's sad for whatever clubs are concerned but if you spend more than you can afford, you're fucked. That's the same whether you're a business or a pensioner and I have no idea why the sporting public seem to think that football clubs should get a special dispensation from reality.

I know it's the fans that end up suffering and the tossers who cause all the problems usually move on but, then again, it's the fans who profit when splashing the cash and taking risks with money pays off (just ask Leicester fans)
    SAMOAN likes this.
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I totally agree ODM but when buyers come in looking to further themselves by not giving a fcuk if the club folds or not and looking to flog the land the ground sit's on because obviously it's worth more than their initial £1 investment, the football league need to take a good look at themselves for agreeing to it, for the fans sake at least.

Bolton and Bury are two established clubs that could go under in one foul swoop and I mean established, ffs Bury got promoted last year, If that happens then the domino effect for lesser established clubs in years to come will be horrendous.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

8. slick

slick Administrator

And to prove a point ODM even though I do agree with you but I don't think it applies to Bury...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ester-news/bury-fc-sale-efl-deadline-16809117

"I never went to Bury" said Mr Dale, who bought Bury for £1 last December,
    "It's not a place I frequented.
    "So for me to walk away from Bury and never go back is a very easy thing to do.
    "I don't do anything up there.
    "I didn't even know there was a football team called Bury to be honest with you.
    "I'm not a football fan."

EFL did a great background check on him hey!!
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I suppose before anybody mentions it the same could be said of Sheik Mansour:zhail lol
    But at least he had aspirations of investing and making the club something rather than finding himself out of his depth and feeling the wrath of footy fans for trying to fold one of the countries oldest football clubs for financial gain.
    Plus a billion pounds worth of advisers no doubt.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What a prize cunt