1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Cash outs

Discussion in 'Betting Talk' started by Pete89, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

What’s everyone’s thoughts on cashouts?

I’ve never really been one for it, but I’ve done it three times now in the past week and all three have ended up coming in.

Had Hibs 2-0 on Boxing Day £10@13, cashed out for £42 costing myself £88

Had Kent first goal and 1-1 or 2-1 rangers yesterday £5 @ 41 and cashed out for £70 missing out on £135

And finally had both teams 2+ shots in each half in the derby charlton game, £10 @ 7, chased out for £30 and missed out on another £40.

So that’s £263 less than I would have had had i just left it alone and now despite being about the same up on the week I’m left feeling a bit pissed off at myself and almost as if I’ve lost a couple of hundred.

Going forward for next year I think my resolution will be not to even look at the cashouts so I don’t get tempted
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I did the same bet, Pete. Used my free £5.00 Skybet on it. I thought 6/1 was a ridiculous price.

I'd much rather look at other options, rather than using cash out. Putting a lay in or backing the draws as savers for stakes back.

Cash out is probably something i'd only use if we were talking 5 figure sum payouts
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I know that the wise sages will tell you only to cash out if the odds present value but as a principle, I will always look to cash out if I stand to win or lose a lot of money and the opportunity presents itself. Sport is unpredictable and I would rather get myself into a no-lose or small profit position and lose some of the potential game. You are talking from a painful experience of having three bets that have ended up winning but that's not always going to be the case and i definitely wouldn't advise you to ignore the option of edging a bit in the future.

As Punter has said, looking at other options to achieve the same outcome as a cash out is definitely an option - albeit, your bet can turn from a winning one to a losing one in the time you take pissing about looking for various options (unless its a straight lay on betfair). And of course you may want to look at partial cash outs if your bookie does them. That way you can just cover your stakes if that's what you'd prefer to do
    SAMOAN likes this.