1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Celebrity Big Brother

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Seen, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

Anyone watching this? It's fucking mental this year :lol
  2. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Yeah, its entertaining
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Put me down on the "yes" list. Annoying as it is, I always watch the "celebrity" versions. The "normal" ones I just want to track down and administer some kind of chain-saw type treatment to.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

It's fucking great, man.

Gary Busey is fantastic, winding the fuckers right up. The freak that is Frank 'Kellie' Maloney (ET in a wig) is on the verge of having a total breakdown (and has already threatened to hit two of the real women in there), the little old American puff has suddenly lost his cheery side and James the dancer is coming across as a right nobhead. Audley Harrisson is a prick too. Freaky (sorry, Frenchy) is a nutter (cut up the little American poofter's $100 boxer shorts in a rage) and Stephanie Pratt (who?) is making loads of bitchy comments so no doubt will have a big bust up soon.

It says something about the real celebrities when the fav to win is a fat workshy benefits scrounger who is 'famous' for being on a documentary about living on the roughest street in Britain.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Talking of blokes in wigs, I don't think Swoops has been around since White Dee went into the house. Coincidence? Maybe not.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

They've another on already and the mrs is watching. I think it's a load of shite this time but i've called in Laddies on my way home and had a bet anyway.

Alexander O'Neal - Top Male £5 @ 10/1
    Alexander O'Neal - Winner £5 @ 33/1

I'm hoping he's as classy in this as some of his songs.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

He certainly did himself no harm when responding impressively to Ken Morley's bizarre racist outburst...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/celebrity-big-brother-racism-row-4957435

My book was looking okay until I layed Michelle Visage at 14.5 only for her to shorten up. Then shorten some more, and some more, and she is now clear fav at 3.5 :eek:

I did manage to back her back at 12/1 with a bookie while she was only 9/1 at Betfair and have traded her as she's collapsed. I couldn't understand just why she was shortening as she has basically done nothing in the house yet, then I realised - she's getting the gay vote.

She's a judge on a drag queen reality show in the US so, with the only gay in the house being the repulsive Perez Hilton, all the queers and freaks are latching on to her.
    Punter likes this.
  8. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Kavana's gay too, isn't he?
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

Is he? My mistake. Anyway, he's an also ran and not exactly an 'obvious' gay which might win him the gay vote.
  10. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Here is a full list of this year's contestants:

Patsy Kensit Ex-Mrs. Liam Gallagher and Emmerdale star. Quote: "How relevant the show still is"(she gushes) 20/1

Alexander O'Neal American R&B singer. "It's a challenge.." 33/1

Nadia Sawalha Ex-Eastenders actress. "It's huge fun.." 9/1

Jeremy Jackson American Baywatch star. "I'm going to roll the dice and see what happens". OUT

Cami Li Puerto Rico glamour model. 66/1

Anthony Kavanagh 90s singer."A great opportunity". 20/1

Chloe Goodman Body double to Cheryl Fernandez-Versini. "I want to show the real me.." 33/1

Calum Best Hair transplant fashion model. "My head is so much clearer than it ever was.." 8/1

Alicia Duvall Glamour model and plastic surgery freak. "..an opportunity to introduce myself" 16/1

Perez Hilton US showbiz blogger . "I am officially a celebrity now.." 30/1

Michelle Visage American singer,radio and TV hostess. "I'm a huge mediator.." 5/2

Ken Morley ex-Corrie star,booted for his "negro" remark. OUT

Keith Chegwin TV presenter. "I couldn't give a toss who's in there.." 4/1

Katie Hopkins BBC's "The Apprentice" star. "I'm just going in to do Katie" 11/4
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

12. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Playing live in Birmingham on March 25
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

If he was playing on my lawn, I'd close the curtains
  14. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Who are you to criticise?
    Punter likes this.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

Brilliant back in the 80's. I'm not ashamed to say i payed top dollar for this megamix back then..

ODM has a point though, 40 fags a day for the last 30 years, he sounds more like darth vader these days.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I see what you did there
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

How's your book looking Seen? Who's the winner?
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

Umm, pretty shitty really. I had to burn £50 when Katie Price entered the house as she automatically became a -£350 liability (like a dick I did not learn from my IACGMOOH debacle :duh) and since then Katie fucking Hopkins has done nothing but shorten with no-one else really moving much, so it's been a bit tedious to be honest. I've been trying too hard I think, I should have just picked my moments to trade, such as 11pm - midnight (when pissed people get home from the pub and take any price what's there) or during the live eviction shows (market goes live).

I've traded no less than £7,930 back and forth yet I'm probably looking at a loss of around £15 if I level out at the moment, although there's plenty of time left to recover that. I might leave Hopkins as a loser anyway, voters seem happy to leave her in the house for entertainment value, but will they vote for her to win? Surely not, as the type of people who vote on reality shows (and indeed those who watch them) are the very people the snobby condescending bitch constantly slags off in the media - surely the GBP are not that dumb, are they? :lookaround

Chegwin has been very quiet so far but I think once the gobshites have gone he'll become more vocal and involved. Genuine nice blokes do win this show and tonight's tears will help gain the sympathy vote.

I'll be glad when it's over, not least 'cos I've got over £1k of Betfair funds tied up in the market.

cbb.jpg
    Punter likes this.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I never learn from this reality shit. Seems like I place a thousand bets and end up with the potential to win a fucking tenner or lose 300 quid or something. I wasn't looking bad the other day as I had a small loss on Hopkins (who I hope wins it to be honest) and a small profit on Cheggers with a slightly larger profit on Nadia (who I fucking hate). I'm not sure why but her price has drifted over the last day or two so I'm left with little upside and loss of 40+ quid if Jordan wins and nearly £170 if Perez wins. I honestly have no fucking idea why I bother
    Punter likes this.
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

If you stick to trading at the times which I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure it's relatively easy to lock in a profit - I really should be looking at least a couple of hundred guaranteed profit had I been more disciplined.

I also have a habit of leaving bets in overnight hoping to get some value but the only time I get matched is when the odds go against me.

Just a bit of fun for me, like you say, you place thousands of bets for such small gain (or even a loss) - next time I'm gonna stick to my rules!