1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Cheltenham 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Topdog, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

My early idea of value bets for March

Tuesday

Arkle-Brewin upastorm & Global Citizen..currently 10-1 & 16-1

Wednesday

Ballymore-Shishkin..12-1
    Marsh-Fakir d'Oudairies @ 12-1

Friday

Albert Bartlett-Harry Senior @ 12-1 [NAP]
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Not long now.

Good luck Topdog, i also have Shiskin down, not sure what race it'll run in yet but i hope its the Ballymore.

I'll not bet till the Monday before and a couple on my list look likely to run at the Aintree meeting instead but i've got five noted down and they are..

Fingerontheswitch
    Kimberlite Candy
    Benie Des Dieux
    Shishkin
    Castlebawn West
    Topdog likes this.
  3. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Yes my bets are risky being no NRNB...But am certain if they do line up that they will not be those odds!
    Punter likes this.
  4. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Keen to take the odds now on Shishkin as hopeful that he will win easily tomorrow at Huntingdon
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm going to be backing Harry Senior in whatever race he rocks up in and it could well be the Ballymore. If it doesn't I can't really see past the current top two in the betting , Envoi Allen and Asterion Forlonge
    Topdog likes this.
  6. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Shishkin Wins easily but connections immediately after race saying the Supreme will be his Festival target!
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've had one antepost bet and the fucker is down with five weeks to go. Marie's Rock is out for the season
  8. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Sure to be more heartbreak for us ante post players in the next few weeks!
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I know I said I wasn't going to bet ante post but I've let my guard down but they are for a lot smaller stakes than I've done before.
    Topdog likes this.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What are you on mate?
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Sam Brown could be an interesting horse. 8 year old but missed the whole of 2018 and 2019 after winning both its bumper races and one of its two hurdle races and returned last month to win both of its chase races with ease (granted in small fields).

Its target is the RSA chase on the Wednesday for which it's 14/1 and despite my caution about antepost betting (I think that 90% of the time you'll get at least as good if not better position the day before the race than antepost in terms of either price or amount of places or other offers) I've had a little bit on it. It's also entered for the apprentice handicap race on the Tuesday (16/1) at 3m 5f but it's never raced at that distance and it's never been ridden in a race by an apprentice so you've got to think that's very much a backup plan for it just in case the ground turns out to be firmer than it would like.
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Paddy Power have gone non runner no bet for all races
    Topdog likes this.
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Blimey. I think that's the earliest i've ever seen a bookmaker do that?
  14. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Skybet doing money back as cash (max £10) if your horse loses in the Supreme Novices Hurdle - knowing very little about horses, im looking at either Shiskin or Asterion Forlonge for my tenner - any advice gents?
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Asterion Forlonge has been one of my tracker horses this year so my advice would be to back the other one:lol
    slick likes this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Ran like a drunken goat last week and was pulled up. Is now going to miss Cheltenham and go to the Aintree meeting in the Mildmay race
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Copied this from TopDogs National Hunt horses to follow thread. Thought I may as well put it in here, although there a a few more on my (long) shortlist for this race, including Janidil which is currently 16/1 or 12/1 nrnb

Took three hurdle races to get its head in front but won at 5/2 (was available at 3/1 pre race) so a small profit bagged for that one. Solid enough second on its last race and is currently 50/1 with Skybet (4 places, non runner, no bet) for the last race of the Cheltenham festival if anyone fancies a speculative couple of quid on it.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Jezza and slick like this.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

FUCK. And I was worried about the snow!
    Jezza and Punter like this.
  20. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

It's nastier than the WHO is letting on, it's already cancelled Seria A and 6 nations matches.

The data shows strong containment is working in China to halt the spread - the same has to happen here if we get an outbreak imo. It's basically betting on will the UK get an exponential increase in cases over the next 2 weeks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2020
    Kegman and Punter like this.