1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Comp for Novice Writers..

Discussion in 'Book Talk' started by winrew, Dec 30, 2012.

1. winrew

winrew GILF

http://www.writersandartists.co.uk/competitions

For published and aspiring writers alike - enter the Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2013 short story competition and you could win:

a cash prize of £500
    a place on an Arvon Foundation residential writing course of your choice*
    publication of your story on the Writers' & Artists' website
    We're offering you the chance to win £500, plus a place on an Arvon writing course of your choice! All you have to do is enter a short story (for adults) of no more than 2,000 words, on the theme of 'freedom' and email it toshortstorycompetition@bloomsbury.com with "WAYB13 competition" as the subject line.

The closing date is 15 February 2013.

The Arvon Foundation runs four historic writing houses in the UK, where published writers lead week-long residential courses. Covering a diverse range of genres, from poetry and fiction to screenwriting and comedy, Arvon courses have provided inspiration to thousands of people at all stages of their writing lives. Find out more and book a course online at www.arvonfoundation.org

Don't forget to read the full details, terms and conditions before you enter. Please remember to register on www.writersandartists.co.uk before submitting your entry. Good luck!
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No need for anyone else to bother entering. I'll win that.
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I'm sure you will. Your talent shines through your posts.

:thinking What I can't work out is why, if someone is good enough to win a competitin like this whey need to go on a writing course as a prize :thinking
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

the replies on this thread are some of the best fiction I've read in ages :lol might have a look at that, although TC has a good point
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It's a very good point and one I would be finding amusing if the bastard hadn't cut me to the quick with his sabre-like sarcasm.

This is war.
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

It was the lack of smileys wasn't it? no call for them in lesbian horror novels :lol
  7. ThunderCelt

Didn't use Smileys because I didn't want anyone thinking I was taking the piff :)

And only a third of my published stuff has lesbians.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

There's a lot of lesbians in 17 published novels though :wink
  9. ThunderCelt

If only, oh, if only...:cry