1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Confederations Cup Betting

Discussion in 'International Football Betting' started by slick, Jun 21, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I'll add the remaining fixtures because it's turned out to be a great comp with some cracking games.

Confederations Cup
    22 Jun 20:00 UK Italy v Brazil 5.50 3.50 1.67
    22 Jun 20:00 UK Japan v Mexico 2.62 3.10 2.75
    23 Jun 20:00 UK Nigeria v Spain 10.00 5.00 1.30
    23 Jun 20:00 UK Uruguay v Tahiti 1.01 17.00 81.00

Odds William Hill
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Might have a lay of Brazil at those odds, nothing much between these two sides to suggest those odds should be so wide apart.
    Italy have been scoring goals and will give Brazil a good game, whilst Brazil are not the side they were a few yrs back and as far back as I can remember , if anything I have been underwhelmed by them.

Japan put in a blinding performance against Italy which probably explains them being favourites for this game whilst Mexico have been a bit of a damp squib.
    If anything Mexico will be playing for pride here and I'd expect them to get a result.

Of the other two games Nigeria might be worth an outside chance due to Spain having already qualified for the semis but the way Spain have been playing it would take some big balls to back against them.
    Nigeria seem to have lost that raw cutting edge emerging sides possess; since they have become an established outfit, had they still had that then it might have been worth a gamble.

Uruguay will batter Tahiti.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Final and 3/4th place plafoff...

30 Jun 17:00 UK Uruguay v Italy 2.60 3.20 2.70
    30 Jun 23:00 UK Brazil v Spain 2.62 3.00 2.87
  4. slick

slick Administrator

odds probably look about right.

I'll go for Uruguay, not for the fact they are better than Italy as they are not but like the bookies they know European teams couldn't give to monkeys about a play off place whilst Uruguay are a very proud nation and if need be bite and cheat there way to a wooden trophy.

The final will be a a close affair, if this was next yrs WC final then it would be a no brainer as Spain would piss it but in the build up to it and considering the politics in football and the current uncertainty in Brazil I wouldn't be suprised to see Brazil win this to create some expectation for next yr.
    From a neutrals point of view though and watching 95% of the confederations cup games, Spain have to be the favourites here even more so considering Brazil will try and play them at their own footballing game to impress the viewing public. If that happens Spain man for man are a lot better team and could cruise this but like I said the politics of the game concern me.

even so, Spain @ nearly 3's is defnitely a tempter.
  5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I'm giving betting on tonights game a miss but for those who haven't watched the tournament there has been a few useful indicators of things to watch out for in next years world cup. Spains last two games have been in Fortaleza which is based in the North on the Equator where the weather has been hot and humid unlike the more southerly cities where it is winter and therefore cooler. It was noticeable that Spain could not play their usual pressing game against Italy due to this.

It will be interesting to see how Spain play tonight or if three days is insufficient to recover from the 120 mins played on Thurs.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

What station is the Italy game on?
  7. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

bbc website
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator