1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Crypto currencies

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency Investment and Financial Betting' started by slick, Dec 15, 2017.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Does this mean buying one of those wallets and transferring bitcoin to it?
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Fcuk man, went for a kip after tea and only just woke up:eek, this trading business is hard work lol, at least it's good to see things are finally moving North again.

I think that's what Jezza means mate.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's what I was thinking but then, just as my "portfolio" got to exactly the same level as it had reached at midnight last night, as if a switch was turned, it's started to drop again.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Been hell of a day, was tempted numerous times to invest more at some of those prices but I'm at the limit of what I said I would invest so held off.
    Wagerr has hit a few snags and hasn't launched yet....

Dear Wagerr Community,

In the weeks leading up to the release of the wallet, the team concluded that a decentralized technology as disruptive as Wagerr must offer enhanced privacy options from the start. In the process of incorporating these features, the developers encountered two unforeseen issues: a synchronization issue and an issue with generating blocks. The team is working around the clock to resolve these.

Cryptocurrency developments storm in at a dizzying pace. Case in point: the unprecedented advances in blockchain privacy technology known as Zerocoin Protocol (or zPIV) recently implemented by the PIVX team. The Wagerr Team has always intended to include enhanced privacy features down the road, but since a high degree of privacy is important to the customer base and the Wagerr vision, I insisted on merging this powerful technology into the Wagerr code base now. In addition to the centrality of privacy, introducing it later would necessitate a disruptive hard fork and create a trackable record that may not be in all users’ interests. The enhanced wallet will be worth the wait.

When the developer team has resolved these outstanding issues, the wallet and source code will be published. I can hardly wait to share it with you. Wagerr has exciting times ahead. It will really be something when the Wagerr blockchain disrupts the sports betting industry forever. We won’t be stopped.

Yours faithfully,

David Mah
    CEO, Wagerr
  5. slick

slick Administrator

6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

don’t know what AHT is but its price has doubled in the last 24 hours
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Snovs are up 70%, what price did you manage to get them for?
  8. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

It means using a wallet where you control the private keys, the hardware wallets are best and most secure although there are desktop/phone wallets where you have full control also.

That way you will always be able to claim forked coins and get ETH token airdrops. The bitcoin cash fork proved pretty fruitful to get that for free. Since then however its mostly been joke attempts at free money which are barely more than scams. I only ever bothered claiming my bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold myself. Theres been 20+ forks since then I think, mostly chinese scams :shit
  9. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

How relevant it is is up for debate but apparently yesterday saw the expiry/settlement date for the first round of 1 month bitcoin futures trading in the USA.

These futures are not settled in real bitcoins (as they should be) - mostly because the US banking system cannot interact with bitcoins legally like they can in Japan. Instead they are settled in cash, using an average price across 5 exchanges. In an unregulated market that is completely open to manipulation.

Perhaps somebody wanted a low settlement price yesterday for whatever reason and clearly they got it. IMO it will end up a lot of people scamming this way and eventually they will be forced to settle in real bitcoins which would be hugely bullish news.

We might be in for more stormy waters in January but I think February might prove more positive for prices.
    slick and babyfacedassassin like this.
  10. babyfacedassassin

babyfacedassassin Member

That was me that liked that post by the way (slick), just setting up an account for one of the lads in work who's also into cryptos.

I asked him to give me a username and he asked for this one, he'll soon get fcuking bored of typing it in lol.
    Jezza likes this.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

he's just fcuked off out for lunch so let me go and find him a nice avatar:lol
  12. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

Thought that was some Manchester United supporting alter ego coming out there for a second Slick :lol
    slick likes this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

I wish lol, that would be easy to do with plenty of four letter words to pick from.

Are we in the clear yet? got a nice sea of green for the first time in days and also back in the black.
  14. Jezza

Jezza Active Member

slick likes this.
  15. Seen

Seen Moderator

Bah, Slick man! When I first saw that avatar pic I was just about to send him a message to see if he wanted a free PC and monitor and to send me his address if so.

I was getting all excited there for a moment :mad:
    Jezza likes this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Don’t know what price i got em for in £ and p Slick. iwas concious of ur stories of missing out by trying to buy too low and also- as you said - i struck lucky bynot getting into bitcoin when
    the price was ridiculous so i just put up what looked right in bitcoin price (bearing in mind the bitcoin price was dropping at the time) . it’s up about 55% on what i paid for it i think
  17. slick

slick Administrator

You send him that message, he came back early and caught me so I had to put his real picture up.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

If you go into your purchase history it will give you the price you bought at in btc.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Anybody else have any Tron?
    It's a strange one as they promise a lot but deliver very little lol, Justin Sun would make a great used car salesman.

I bought a few hundred before the dip just in case anything came of it and it wasn't all bullshit, the price of tron doubled today although it needs to double again before I break even, The English version of Krypto Puppies is due for release on the 22nd Jan, I think it's the first of many promises Tron has to offer, let's see if it materialises.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Jezza.......I was reading about Titanium today and many think it has lots of potential, any thoughts?