1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Crypto currencies

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency Investment and Financial Betting' started by slick, Dec 15, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Bitcoin up over £8k.
    Looks like things are building up to the fork next week.

I've been holding for a fortnight but could have made some nice gains if I hadn't, I'm very tempted to start trading again to bring in my GBP reserve just in case it moons. Fomo is keeping me back.

Can see this going tits up but I'm going to go for it.:naughty
  2. slick

slick Administrator

0.89 BCH up for sale @ £210
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  3. slick

slick Administrator

If that sells I'll up my buy back in from £185 to £195 and try to buy 2 x BCH.
    Could have done that 10 x over during the last week I know but never because I shit out, let's see what happens.

I still have 1 BCH in reserve just in case it moons.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Sold @ 210
    Just hope the bugger comes back down now.
    babyfacedassassin likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

BCH starting to make gains now over the other coins for the first time in months, just my bleeding luck now I want it to fall:lol

1.PNG
    babyfacedassassin likes this.
  6. babyfacedassassin

babyfacedassassin Member

FCCB870F-332D-4484-8D9C-91AF95499798.jpeg .5 sold at £218. Im holding back another .5 just incase. My plan was to sell everything i have by tomorrow anyway as fork is on the 11th so ill see how it goes. It reached £223 in the middle of the night.
    slick likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Nice sell.
    Wish I had held out for more.
    Just need the bastard to drop like a sack of spuds now to get back on board b4 the fork.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Don't know what happened but dropped like a sack of spuds it did.....
    1.PNG
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Caught me cold did that.
    6h overlay now coming in too, could drop even further but I'm not too bothered about that now, at least it never mooned and left us behind.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Basically Bitcoin has dropped £1k in 24hrs.
  11. babyfacedassassin

babyfacedassassin Member

DF666B42-2D02-4566-AD82-B19307E6AD56.jpeg I thought this might of happened tomorrow but its come early hours of this morning, looks like i had a lucky escape getting off the train at £218 & £223. Im unsure where to go from here. Still haven't bought back in. Ive now got £306 to stake but worried incase it drops any further.
    slick likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

Dropping like a stone again, lines have just crossed and it's down to £180
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Fork happened earlier and nothing major happened.
    Lines are pointing to an increase relatively soon, then in a day or two everything is pointing to a gradual decrease.
    Things could change between now and then mind so watch this space lol.
  14. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Hope you don't mind me jumping in your thread where are you tradeing crypto? And any issues with banks closing accounts I've heard that's a risk?
  15. slick

slick Administrator

I'm using coinbase Pete, It's totally legit and I've never had a problems with banks.
    You can do basic trades from there but I use coinbasepro, it's a proper trading platform and your coinbase account gives you free access to it as they are linked.
    I've been using them for around 3 years and never had problems.

If you do sign up let me know and I'll give you a link where we both receive 10 dollars on your first deposit lol.
    In fact the links here...

coinbase.com/join/baker_tlh
  16. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Yeah send me the link over and I'll sign up. I used to have a wallet back in the day when fountains would give you a a couple of bitcoins for free. Think I had about 10 or so, they were worth less than a cent. Forgot all about it for a few years until I wanted to make a completely legitimate purchase on silk road and bought 0.2ish bitcoin for £20 but the hard drive was long gone by then. I was so annoyed that I'd lost $1,000. I'm just glad I had my break down at that point and not when it went on the run up to 20k

Edit just seen you put the link at the bottom
  17. slick

slick Administrator

You can also get a few free coins from Coinbase Pete.
    You earn them by watching a video of a particular coin and then answer some multiple choice questions at the end, pretty simple and I'm not one to look a free gift horse in the mouth.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Sold 0.95 BCH @ £204
    I'm covered both ways now for either a rise or fall.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Since the last time I sold I've gone all in on ETH.

Sold my BCH and bought ETH @ 197 , 191 and 187 respectively over the last month.

I've now got 3.1 ETH instead of 3 BCH.

Price now is cheaper but as ETH is now worth more than BCH it proved a shrewd move.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

Looks like Bitcoin dipped under $9k again yesterday hence the sudden drop off.
    Thankfully it seems to be finding it's feet again today.