1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Darts-PDC World Championship 2013

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by slick, Nov 16, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Not long to go now but watching the grand slam this week Van Gerwen will take some stopping if he keeps up his current form. expect his odds to drop like a rock should he manage to win the grand slam though.

PDC World Championship - Tournament Winner
    Phil Taylor 3.25
    Michael van Gerwen 6.00
    Adrian Lewis 9.00
    Simon Whitlock 11.00
    Gary Anderson 15.00
    James Wade 17.00
    Raymond van Barneveld 17.00
    Dave Chisnall 19.00
    Wes Newton 26.00
    Andy Hamilton 34.00
    Mervyn King 34.00
    Robert Thornton 34.00
    Justin Pipe 41.00
    Ian White 51.00
    Kim Huybrechts 51.00
    Paul Nicholson 51.00
    Terry Jenkins 51.00
    Dean Winstanley 67.00
    Kevin Painter 67.00
    Mark Webster 81.00
    Richie Burnett 81.00
    Vincent van der Voort 81.00
    Devon Peterson 101.00
    James Hubbard 101.00
    John Part 101.00
    Ronnie Baxter 101.00
    Scott Rand 101.00
    Steve Beaton 101.00
    Ted Hankey 101.00
    Colin Lloyd 126.00
    Michael Smith 126.00
    Peter Wright 126.00
    Andy Smith 151.00
    Brendan Dolan 151.00
    Co Stompé 151.00
    Colin Osborne 151.00
    Mark Walsh 151.00
    Wayne Jones 151.00
    Alan Tabern 201.00

Odds William Hill
  2. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

His odds have halfed already cause he was 12/1 before beating Taylor in the grand slam.
  3. stereoman

stereoman Member

The aftermath of RvB's victory over MvG:

2100: Raymond van Barneveld claimed the Grand Slam title and looks back to his best as he beats the hugely in-form Michael van Gerwen 16-14.

He is now 10/1 from 16/1 with Sky Bet to claim his second PDC World Title and van Gerwen is 3/1 from 12/1 pre-Grand Slam.
    Phil Taylor is the biggest price in a over a decade for the world title as he is out to 3/1 top price, also with Sky Bet.

Van Gerwen has been hugely impressive over the last nine days of Grand Slam action and dependant on the draw for the World Championships, could well go off sole favourite for the title with Sky Bet.

That would have been unheard of at the start of the year as he was priced up for next month's event at 100/1!

However, an immediate flood of money for Taylor following Sky Bet's reshaped market has forced Taylor from 3/1 into 11/4 and van Gerwen from 3/1 out to 10/3.
  4. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Now that the first round matches are all out the way there's a few stats to go on and greater certainty about who is and isnt in form.

My first bet of the champs is 3pts Jenkins to beat Part tonight @ 1.63. Part was a little better than expected in round one but still can't score nearly as heavily as he was a few years ago - if Jenkins can throw his usual mid 90s ave then he should progress without too much trouble.

Some outright punts after tonights matches - the tournament looks wide open this year.
  5. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Jenkins won 4-1 :thumb

Lots of very tight matchups in the final set of 3rd round games, most games between 2 inform players or 2 out of form ones.

The only exception for me is Painter v Lewis, where Lewis is a reasonably strong favourite despite looking way below his best so far. He usually comes alive around this stage of the world champs but I cant see it this year - he's lagging well behind the main contenders and Painter will chuck a mid-90s average, which currently looks too much for Lewis.

2pts Painter to beat Lewis @ 2.62
    1pt Painter Outright @ 80
    Punter likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Fingers crossed Beanie. Lewis has been poor for most of the season and i agree on painter.

6/4 is best i can get.

Mighty mike should be too strong for jaws but he's taking time to settle so i'm going 4-1 as i can see jaws winning first set
  7. Radoslav

Radoslav Active Member

Painter equalised for 2-2 sets and i thought he was gonna win it BUT Lewis crashed him in the end...You will cash them next time Beanie ;) Always with you !!!
  8. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

4-2 Lewis :mad: Painter did what as expected, but Lewis stepped it up a gear.

I think we're headed for an all Dutch final just like the grand slam, but i'll back a relaxed looking barney, with a saver on a big priced Andy Hamilton who has more than a fighting chance v Taylor. Barney could and should have chucked a high 90s ave v Anderson, but his scoring dropped off towards the end as he was under such minimal pressure. His R1 and R2 scoring suggests he can score heavily when needed.

3pts Barneveld Outright @ 6.60
    1pts Hamilton Outright @ 34
    Radoslav likes this.
  9. slick

slick Administrator

PDC Quarter Finals..

Darts Betting

Match Highlights
    Darts
    Match Betting
    Today 19:15 1.61 Raymond van Barneveld v Simon Whitlock 2.25
    Today 19:15 1.25 Phil Taylor v Andy Hamilton 4.00

29 Dec 19:15 2.10 Wes Newton v James Wade 1.73
    29 Dec 19:15 2.37 Adrian Lewis v Michael Van Gerwen 1.57

Odds look about right although I'm expecting Taylor to flop any time around now, he's on the easy side of the draw and about to face his first real test, Taylor may well get past Hamilton but I think it will be a lot closer than those odds suggest, you can get Hamilton + 2.5 @ 1.83 which looks a reasonable bet to me.

Couldn't pick a winner in the Barney v Whitlock game though but if both turn up on the day then I'd expect Barneveld to pinch it, prior to this comp he shown a bit of his old self when beating Van Gerwen in the grand slam final.

James Wade is now reaching the part of the comp where he usually folds but to be fair he has shown some good form this year and at long last seems to be a lot better at handling pressure in the latter rounds, he'd be my most confident pick of all the players to reach the semi's to be honest.

B4 the comp started I had never seen anybody throw darts like Van Gerwen did in the grand slam, he looked untouchable until Barney threw back the years in the final and looked like his old self to beat Van Gerwen, Gerwen does have it in him though to take anybody apart and will one day become a world champ I have no doubt.
    What i don't like at the moment though is him complaining about his feet , because if he's distracted then Lewis has it within himself to take him to the cleaners and use any advantage possible.

If all play to form, like B.eanie I would expect an all Dutch final and also think Barney will pinch it as he now has that mental edge after the grand slam victory.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Well what a game the Lewis v MVG was, Lewis held his nerve throughout the match but it let him down when it mattered most whilst MVG's nerve let him down througout the match and held when it mattered most.
    MVG certainly has the ammo to go on and win the title but his game is littered with holes that somebody like Taylor or Barney could take advantage of, still if MVG could get his game together then I see nobody stopping him.

Semi's.....

Darts
    Match Betting

Live At 19:15 UK 1.20 Michael van Gerwen v James Wade 4.50
    Live At 21:15 UK 1.53 Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld 2.50

I'm going to take Barneveld as he has more than an evens chance at Beating Taylor, I thought the odds for this match would have been a lot closer.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Agree wih Barney pick especially as he's playing the better of the 2. Obviously Taylor has the game to beat Barney but larger odds tempt.

6-2 Barney and 6-2 MVG singles and double (interest stake)

Single on Barney @ 6/4
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

How good was the 9 darter but to miss the double 12 for 2 in a row was unbelievable.

Fantastic viewing
  13. Radoslav

Radoslav Active Member

Can anybody tell me the name of the songs between the sets...Its pretty familier to me but i couldnt recall the name of it ...
  14. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Its called 'chase the sun' but i cant remember who done it but its something similar to 'planet darts'
  15. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

16. slick

slick Administrator

Don't know what to make of the Taylor v Barney semi, Taylor started off like the old Taylor we've not seen for a while then seemed to be overcome by nerves when it mattered.
    Wasn't a classic by any means but I thought Taylor looked a cnut at the end when he kicked off with Barney.

MVG has everything in his locker to become the next Taylor and better if he can get his game together, in parts he is unplayable but does seem to follow his opponents throw in that if he scores a biggy then so will I and if he scores low then he tends to follow, he needs to concentrate on his own game.

I haven't a clue how the final will unfold as both players have been unpredictable but I think in the as usual it will come doen to who holds their nerve best and MVG currently seems the stronger although I have seen him faulter too when it matters but with youth on his side I think have the steadier hand, I know Taylor has played in numerous finals and been there and done it but he did have a touch of the shakes about him tonight which I have never seen before.

I'm going for Van Gerwen in the final as the guy is just incredible.
  17. Beanie

Beanie Active Member

Two days outstanding darts, MVG is untouchable at times. With the outright bets sunk I'm staying out of the final, should be a classic!
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I take my hat off to Taylor, I thought he was well past his best but he dug into his experience, threw back the years and produced some of his best darts for a long while to beat MVG.
    Taylor's been an arsehole @ times in these championships, but credit where credits due, he's held up his hands and admitted so much himself, I don't think we'll ever see the likes of Taylor again, not in my lifetime anyhow.
  19. stereoman

stereoman Member

There are few other games or sports that one person can comprehensively dominate and for so long such as Phil Taylor has with darts. It's bizarre.

Age has caught up with a lot of Taylor's contemporaries but when will Phil finally be outclassed!? By 2020!? Some hindsight and vision needed to see that coming!