1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Football Betting: 23rd/24th/25th/26th/27th September 2016

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Sep 21, 2016.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Capture.PNG 1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG

Odds Bet365
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

You know how I get angry when people say that teams are going to win on the basis that...well, they NEED to win? Well I'm going to say something really stupid now and say that Derby County NEED to win their next two games against two of the poorest teams in the division, otherwise people are already going to be calling for Pearson to leave.

Short odds I know, but double or treble the price that you would have expected at the start of the season. Not only that but I'd go against the stats and go for over 2 goals in both the Derby v Blackburn and Derby v Cardiff games.

I also fancy Bournmouth to get something from high flying Everton.
  3. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Blackburn are dug shite and any team should really be beating them. Defo putting Derby in my 'cert' treble this weekend. Can't make my mind up on others yet but will most prob include Man City.

I know West Ham got pumped last weekend and scored in 96th min last night to scrape through but I'm tempted to give them another go after backing them last week. They dominated the game and The Saints haven't started too good.
  4. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Never before have Manchester United needed to win their next few games. Of course there are many of us who are no longer bright young iconoclasts, wearied by the effort of keeping up with the Jones' amidst the onset of middle age. But I am optimistic about Mourinho, who brings the glamour sadly lacking in the last two managers, even if he does want to bash Wenger's face in. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/sep/22/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-master
  5. slick

slick Administrator

I never thought I'd see the day when ODM agreed teams need a win lol, I'll let him off though because it's his own team and he has a slightly biased view.

Personally imo It's a bit too early in the season for 'must win' games but I have noticed year by year these must win games getting earlier and earlier, usually in the Prem but with the money involved nowadays it's no surprise it's affecting the Championship.
    With 4/5ths of the season still to go and Pearson having been in a lot more precarious position with Leicester before Christmas in the past I'd give him a bit more time yet.

United don't need to win their next few games although they probably will, City dented their confidence but like last year they'll come back, I don't think they'll win the league but at the same time I won't rule them out because all they need is a good run and learn to play the Mourinhio way, which is not so much about losing but not getting beat, it's a fine line but It'll come.
    Leicester will come out of the blocks flying, United will expect it, Contain and Counter, maintain and cruise to a 2-0 win.
    Easier said than done mind, at those odds of 1.66 for Utd I wouldn't touch them a bargepole, 5's for Leicester on the otherhand is a tempter because they are capable of an upset but bear in mind they also have Tuesday night fixture against Porto in the CL, common sense say's they have no chance this year in the Prem but could make a few bob in the CL considering their first round result. Which equates to just leave this game well alone.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'd give him a bit more time too Slick and if it were any other two teams it wouldn't be such a big deal but with two goals in 8 games and facing two relegation favourites in a week (and after a piss-poor display against an, admittedly impressive, Liverpool) I can tell you for a fact that fans are starting to question Pearson, early or not.

He's too stubborn to walk and the board will (quite rightly) hold the view that getting through two or three managers per season probably isn't likely to lead to success but I'm telling you now that the team will be boo'd off the pitch if they lose today and that sort of atmosphere can only demotivate and put more pressure on the players which becomes a vicious circle.

Saying all that, my view is that, as Keggers so eloquently "Blackburn are dug shite " and I expect Derby to control this game and actually start playing once the first goal goes in (providing it's in the right end) and the pressure is off.

I'm a self-confessed shit football better and I probably lose money on football betting year after year after year but I'm on a hat trick of "banker bets" this week having lumped on Brighton to beat Burton last week (when news came out that Nigel Clough didn't have enough bodies to field a full complement of substitues) and and in form Norwich to beat a Forest side who give goals away like Santa Claus at Christmas. Both were over odds on whereas Derby are odds on but with Anya back in the side, I've never been so confident of a Derby win and plenty of goals.

Derby win and over 2 goals (9/5 Paddy Power).
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The fans are booing already Slick and the game hasn't even ended yet.
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

At least I got two things right, Bournemouth are beating Everton, and I'm shit at football betting
  9. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Has Pearson resigned yet, what on earth has he done to Derby?
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Port Vale to beat Millwall @ 3.0
    Port Vale to score 2+ goals @ 2.6
    Port Vale to score 3+ goals @ 6.5

Don't really understand the prices here, looks like it's priced more on reputation (with Millwall being among the pre-season favourites to go up) than form. Port Vale are 6th, and at home have played 4 won 4, including 3-1 against leaders Scunthorpe (Scunthorpe's only defeat so far this season). 8 goals scored in those 4 home games.

Millwall down in 14th. 1-1-2 away from home, although they've not played any side higher than 10th. Last away game they lost 3-1 to 2nd from bottom Southend. They've conceded 11 goals in those 4 away games, including a 5-1 thrashing at Peterborough.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I think it's a measure of the esteem that footballing fans hold Nigel Pearson in that every single bookie has slashed the odds of a Derby win tonight since he was suspended by Derby.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Full House! Well done Rc :clap
    rcgills likes this.
  13. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Cheers Punter. I love it when a plan comes together :cool:

And a 96th minute equaliser for the Gills to round the night off
    Punter likes this.
  14. Radoslav

Radoslav Active Member

Nice job buddy !