1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League Betting 10-12 Sept

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 7, 2011.

1. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Feel free to add your Premier League betting thoughts, tips and info here and guarantee yourself a place in Heaven and in our hearts. Odds from Betfred

10 September 2011
    15:00 Arsenal v Swansea 1.29 4.50 8.50
    15:00 Everton v Aston Villa 2.00 3.25 3.25
    15:00 Man City v Wigan 1.17 6.00 13.00
    15:00 Stoke v Liverpool 3.00 3.25 2.10
    15:00 Sunderland v Chelsea 5.00 3.40 1.62
    15:00 Wolves v Tottenham 2.88 3.20 2.20
    17:30 Bolton v Man Utd 7.50 3.75 1.40

11 September 2011
    13:30 Norwich v West Brom 2.38 3.20 2.63
    16:00 Fulham v Blackburn 1.67 3.40 4.50

12 September 2011
    20:00 QPR v Newcastle 2.25 3.25 2.75
  2. MickeyPaul

Everton started the season woefully and even lucky to avoid losing to Blackburn (dominated by them even) by all accounts so they are way too short. I'll say.. draw there.

Arsenal too short also for me although you'd expect some kind of improvement from them. A game with goals you think?

Mmm... Liverpool have looked a little workmanlike to me so far and Stoke are notoriously hard to beat at home aren't they? Bleh.

Chelsea another side yet to look all that convincing. I saw some of their game against Norwich and to be honest.... they didn't look much better than the newly promoted Canaries to me. Could be a 1X that one perhaps?

Spurs... yet another side to get going and Wolves seem to have tightened up a fair bit and are playing not bad.

Owen Coyle I think likes playing against Man Utd.... I wouldn't be overly confident with predicting that one either. :lol This is helpful. Bolton have looked shit to me though from what I've seen. Awful at Liverpool but apparently pretty good against Man City. Can they avoid defeat? Not a bad home record I think? Maybe.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Hello Mickey and welcome to the world of the Premiership lol.

Pretty much agree with what you have said allthough the the Bolton v Man City result pretty much flattered Bolton as City should have been out of sight by half time.

Everton are traditionally bad starters and this season looks no different, as you say Blackburn dominated them a week or so ago and should have came away with the points but they're not classed as the worst side in the Prem for nothing so it's no suprise Everton mugged them, Arteta will also be a big miss for Everton; even more so as they have no like for like replacement for him.
    I'll go along with the draw but on paper it looks a very close match that could swing either way and not one i fancy putting money on.

Arsenal are way to short allthough you cannot back against them winning this, as for goals you would like to think so but Swansea are very much like Wigan last yr where they create chances but struggle to find the back of the net, I also have a feeling Rodgers might start changing his tactics as playing open football in the Prem is leaving Swansea wide open at the back so he may start to play more defensive away from home, that's leading me to think of a 2 or 3-0 scoreline for Arsenal which is bordering the over/unders, I'd be more inclined to go for Arsenal ht/ft as Arsenal will be looking to bounce back in this match after the hammering they took off United.

Man City are playing well and thats probably the lowest I've ever seen them in the Prem odds wise, Wigan are still unbeaten but i expect that wee record to go out of the window on Saturday and this is one game I'd expect to see goals.

I'm liking the look of the Stoke v Liverpool game as this will show just how far Liverpool have come and whether their new players like a fight, it may not be pretty but it will be intriguing as Stoke try and muscle Liverpool out of the way, they can play a bit too and it will also be interesting to see a new partnership of Delap and Crouch developing from throw in's lol.
    I can see a lot of differing opinions being cast for this match and the odds look fair enough for which ever one you take.
    Personally I'll go for the draw.

I'm taking Chelsea too as I'm just not impressed with Sunderland, something seems to be missing from their team ethic and they aren't playing as a team, I don't know whether Bruce has had a fallout with some of the players but something is not right.
    I'm not overly impressed with Chelsea either but their team spirit is second to none and Villas Boas seems to be slowly working out his best side, that 2nd half performance against Norwich after Boas rang the changes was pretty impressive and I expect Chelsea to build on that.
    Chelsea Win.

Wolves v Spurs is one of those games where you could easily slip up, Wolves against my expectations have got off to a flyer, while Spurs still haven't got out of first gear with Modric causing Harry a bit of concern as he doesn't want to drop his best player but at the same time putting him out in that frame of mind is like playing with 10 men, Harrys options have also been reduced with Crouch and Palacios moving onto other clubs, sitting on the bottom of the league also creates its own pressure albeit Spurs have only played the top two clubs Utd and City to date.
    I think Wolves can use this bit of uncertainty to their advantage and get something from this match.
    Wolves 1X

I can't see Bolton living with Man U, Bolton are just to predictable and easy to work out, with K davies up front against Uniteds current back four I can see him nicking a goal as United do have defensive frailties but its at the other end where you can't see Bolton keeping United out and on current form they must be good for at least 3 against a side like Bolton, I can see Robinson being run ragged, I also have a feeling this may be a bit of a dirty match with cards a plenty.
    This is definately one for the overs and I'm going to take United in a double with Chelsea.

I like the look of Fulham too but don't think they deserve to be so low even though they are playing Blackburn, I just can't bring myself to back them at those odds as i can see Blackburn putting every man and his dog behind the ball trying to get something from this game. I'm trying to justify talking myself out of it now as I know Fulham will probably murder them:lol
  4. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Although tempted by the draw, Villa were 11/4 in places yesterday & that looked big i thought. I could pretty easily be talked into laying Everton @ evens.
    Also tempted with laying Spurs, cant see Wolves rolling over here & has been said Modric is a disaster waiting to happen, also I dont think all the Spurs players have met each other yet :D
    Again could easily be talked into the lay of Liverpool, think 2/1 on Stoke @ home looks good but safety first.
    Blackburn are shite, we've all said it, but Fulham are simply too short, can see a draw as well tbh, a la Norwich/WBA
    Arsenal, Man City & Manure simply too short to be backed IMO. anybody looking to back Arsenal at that price wants their head examining IMO
  5. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Think QPR might be worth a look at
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I was thinking about QPR myself as i like the look of the players Warnock has brought in but i don't know if this is a game or two to soon while they bed in as i expect Warnock to ring the changes plus Newcastle keep throwing up suprises every time i expect them to get beat.

i don't know, at least we've got until monday night to think about it.
  7. fc basher

fc basher Member

Listen to you three,Spurs this Spurs that,Spurs players havent met each other yet,ha ha,well I say cobblers to all of that,SPURS WIN :adolph
  8. MickeyPaul

Well, you fellas pretty much seem to be agreeing that there's very little there to whet the appetite.

I think possibly Stoke is the one slightly over priced this week. Sunderland at Anfield, 2nd half, all they did was show a bit more energy and I actually thought they were the better side for long periods. Well worth their point. Liverpool have still to really prove themselves for me and since Kenny took over again, their best performances have been reserved for the big boys. An apparently good win at Arsenal too which looks a lot less impressive now and a win against Bolton who really were monumentally shit.
  9. MickeyPaul

Not me, basher. All I said was Spurs hadn't got going yet. Argue with that.
  10. fc basher

fc basher Member

Yeah,but I know what you was thinking,you fancy Wolves dont you Mick.
    Ere,we played well in the 1st half against united and at times in the second half too.
    Against city Genius Harry played without a holding midfielder and got done on the counter attack everytime.oh and to add to that he only played one upfront in both games.
    The negatives for Spurs are Van de Vartts out or I would be confident about going there and turning em over.
  11. MickeyPaul

Van Der Vaart does make "things" happen quite often for Spurs though. My mind was more thinking about how Wolves seem to have cut out a lot of basic errors and are getting points so far that they never would have last season. They're playing the game I would say in a way that's just very simple. Clear the lines, get it out wide, put in crosses, close down. Nothing fancy. Focusing on the basics.

I'd be surprised if they allowed Spurs any space to play.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

I wasn't knocking Spurs Basher just seeing things without white tinted glasses on lol.
    Wolves are pretty solid at home and its not easy for any team at Molineux (i think thats how u spell it) and it won't be any easier for Spurs considering the current problems they have so on that basis I've gone for the 1x, if Spurs do manage to win this game then it will be a great result.

just seeing things from a betting perspective George:wink
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

I’m chancing the Villa, 3/1 is big enough for a small bet and 7/4 draw no bet looks good too.
    It must be all doom and gloom at Goodison with decent players like Arteta and Beckford leaving since that lucky win at Blackburn. The Toffees have already lost at home this season to QPR and with all the negatives surrounding the club it could well happen again. Villa are doing ok and Big eck will know the importance of keeping it going.

Villa @ 3/1, V.C Bet
    Villa @ 7/4 DNB, @ V.C Bet
    Everton/Villa Ht/Ft @ 35/1, Hills
    Villa to win 2-1 @ 12/1 Hills

Small varied stakes
  14. Pete89

Pete89 Active Member

Arsenal look about the right price to me, perhaps slightly short but nothing to get excited about

IMO the odds against on Everton represents value, although with that being said I couldn't see me backing any lower than the 2.1 about in places, I'd maybe take 2.08...

The Price on Man City looks very low and I have to be a layer at 1.2

Liverpool look far too short for me at that price on the road wont get involved on this.

Chelsea at 1.73 look tempting defenetly a bit of value there

6/4 on Spurs is another which I'm going to be on like a rash, too big should be more like 5/4 surely

Man Utd again look like a value lay on the road, I'm laying at 1.46

The 2.89 on offer for WBA to pick up their first win of the season against Norwich looks like a value pick I make it a back at 2.75+

Fulham look pretty much on the money at that price so not playing in that one

3.1 about Newcastle on Monday I can't get over I was ready to back at prices over 2.4, and was expecting maybe 2.5 at a push but 3.1 is a phenomenal price, and is an over reaction to QPR's signings perhaps that might still be settleing in.
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Well theres only about 8 of us on the fucking forum & none of us can agree here so this should be interesting :D
  16. MickeyPaul

I thought we were mostly all thinking the same, Swoop with a couple of exceptions. So I have to disagree with you there. :lol
  17. Miss Marple

Miss Marple New Member

Senhor Villas-Boas rather puts me in mind of our late church organist. All the keys were laid out present and correct in front of him, but somehow he never could find the right ones to play at the appropriate moment. Of course, the little bottle he kept hidden under the unsorted jumble in the vestry may have had something to do with that – but there, I mustn’t talk scandal.

One must assume that the young man in question will, in time, find the right keys and indeed play them. He will come to realise that tempo is the answer to the riddle of a well marshalled defence, and so will address the ponderous and – one doesn’t like to appear cruel - but frankly cumbersome nature of his team’s approach play. The enigmatic Senor Mata and, dare one say it, even the sprightly effervescence of young Mr McEachran could well be the means of unravelling this mystery that baffled even the wise old head of Signore Ancelotti last season.

Of course, the question one must ask oneself is whether Senhor Villas-Boas will identify the culprits and make the necessary adjustments at Sunderland this weekend. One feels that he is close to a breakthrough, but that the ultimate solution to the riddle may remain beyond his grasp for a while longer yet. With so little to value in the prices available, I fear the village turf accountant will not be benefitting from any of my modest means this weekend.
  18. suirthing

suirthing Member

Ah here ye all are, thank you Slick & MickeyPaul for leading me to the promised land :)

Arsenal are nailed on to beat Swansea, they are not as bad as that 8 - 2 hammering, but has anyone watched Swansea? WTF are they doing in the premier league! no doubt but they are going straight back to where they came from- Arsenal to win to nil: 11/10 Boylesports

Everton to beat Aston Villa, Aston Villa are a shit team, did anyone watch them at home against Wolves, they also have a shit manager, how do you get a team relagated and move accross to the rival club? Villa mainstay is the world class Shay Given and 'Irish Minister for Defence' Richard Dunne, both kept the Russians at bay on their own during the week in Moscow and will be in no form for a game Saturday, Given was playing with a back injury and Dunne had 4 stitches to his face after slapping his face off the running track, add to this the tough 90 mins they had and the slap of pints to celebrate afterwards! Everton win: Evs

The other one I like is Stoke, double chance (Stoke or Draw) 4/6 Boylesports
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Glad you could make it suirthing, i hope the place lives upto your high standards.

Come on, who the bleedin hell's Miss Marple?, that avatar's a corker:lol
  20. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

I wouldn't want to have any money on Villa or Everton , I will say that Villa are over priced IMO but have failed to score in 2 out of 3, Everton are worse with 1 goal from a pen with the scorer now with Arsenal, depressing for them .
    2/7 for Arsenal isn't terrible I suppose, they will win ok as Swansea are truly out of their depth. I'm gonna stick that in a treble, maybe with manure who are 2/5 at Notlob, that's fair enough as they aint playing all that well IMO. Rooney has been flogged by England too and their's Europe coming up albeit an easy task hmm.