1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ESL Will it go ahead?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 20, 2021.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I seem to be in the minority who think it actually will. Jamie Caragher said last night that he thinks that if one club pulls out the whole thing will collapse but i’m not so sure.

Gary Neville put Man City forward as the most likely to blink give that their owners don’t need the money and the goodwill and image means more to them but if man city pull out what’s to stop them just replacing them with the two scottish clubs?

And where would that leave the Prem with Man City romping it every year with it’s four rivals (forget Spurs who haven’t challenged for a title since God was a baby) gone.

The Real Madrid Chairman says that audience’s over there are in decline. Is that not because they’re fed up of watching too many meaningless matches and so few ones that mean anything? If so, is that not a warning of what is going to happen with this proposed Super League where they’re all playing to win the league and nothing else?
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I don't think it will.
    Not now Bayern and PSG have come out and said they won't be involved although I'm in no doubt PSG would have jumped into bed with the greedy cnuts too if Qatar weren't holding the next World Cup.

I'm still expecting City to Buckle if the negative press continues, they don't need the money so I'm hazarding a guess they've joined up because of Fomo and not wanting to be left behind, It's no excuse mind but they should have thought in through first.

Cowards the lot of them, none of the CEO's or directors have come forward yet to explain anything, just a scripted document on their respective websites, no address to the fans, no nothing.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

They've already buckled mate, before you wrote that post :roll

Chelsea and City have announced that they're trying to get out of it.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

looks like Ed Woodward has resigned too.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Have they really:lol
  6. slick

slick Administrator

I've been for an hrs kip, woke up and took the bins out and the worlds changed again.
    Punter likes this.