1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Euro 2012 Group D Betting

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 betting' started by slick, Mar 26, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Euro 2012 - Group D - Group D Winner
    England 2.62
    France 2.75
    Ukraine 5.00
    Sweden 6.50

To Qualify From Group D
    England 1.40
    France 1.53
    Ukraine 2.37
    Sweden 3.00

Odds William Hill
  2. Love2bet

Love2bet love2bet.blogspot.com

I do agree with William Hill. But the gap between the first two and Ukraine is too big, I guess. Here is my conclusion on hosts:

For people for whom the Ukrainian team does not mean anything other than Andriy Shevchenko this competition is going to be a big surprise. Team includes gifted local talents Milevsky, a famous Panenka-style penalty taker, the former FC Barcelona player Chygrynsky, Aliyev, one of the most amazing set piece masters in Europe, and Seleznyov, who regularly scores for the super-competitive Shakhtar Donetsk side. If Oleh Blokhin finds the right balance and the mood, this team could be capable to send the European heavyweights from England or France home earlier than expected.

One of the weakest sides for Ukraine is the age of the team main force. Profiles, which seemed to be stars of the past, are still there to make difference for this East-European side. Shovkovskiy is 37, Shevchenko is 35, Tymoshchuk and Kalynychenko are 33 and Voronin is 32. These are European scale players, but the pace might let them down in the decisive moments. The FIFA rank of 49 cannot be too misleading in this case. My prediction is that Ukraine could become another unfortunate successor of Austria and Switzerland, who failed to qualify from their groups at their home Euro 4 years ago.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

Match Betting
    11 Jun 17:00 UK France v England 2.50 3.10 2.90
    11 Jun 19:45 UK Ukraine v Sweden 2.40 3.10 3.10

Odds William Hill