1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

EURO 2016 QUARTER FINAL BETTING

Discussion in 'UEFA Euro 2016 Betting' started by slick, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Fantastic from Wales, great game to watch :clap
  2. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Can see em beating Portugal and at 3/1 thats a cracking price - cant see em beating France or Germany the leek munching unts
  3. Seen

Seen Moderator

If Ramsey was playing they'd be a great bet v Portugal, but that might just cost them a place in the final. Shame because they have been far more entertaining than Ronaldo's lot.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

My thoughts exactly, just a pity the silly cnut Ramsey took a yellow card when he had no need to, he's been their player of the tourny for me and will be a big miss.
  5. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Well played Wales and a pleasure to watch. The best result for a British team since Italia '90.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Wales will have players missing but Portugal have William Carvalho missing. A huge loss for them.
  7. traeth

traeth Moderator

what a night , I was worried when we went one down so early in the game but to come back and win that match was unbelievable. It the first tournament that we have qualified for since 1958 and we are now in the semis .
    If only we had qualified for some other tourneys , what could have happened !!!
    10 years ago Osian Roberts ,Wales assistant manager, was manager of my club Porthmadog. It was the only club he managed, watched by crowds of just over 200, another fairy story in this strange season.
    That 80/1 I got at the start of the euros is looking good now.
    Punter likes this.
  8. Seen

Seen Moderator

If they can beat Belgium, they can beat anyone, Traeth. Any idea what their results are like without Ramsey?
  9. traeth

traeth Moderator

We will miss Ramsey , the control of the pass from Bale before he crossed for the third goal was class.
    If I remember correctly Ramsey missed the qualifiers against Bosnia 0-0 and Cyprus 1=0.

Ben Davies suspension is also a loss , we could replace him with Collins but probably Gunter will be moved across and Jazz Richards will play as the attacking full back.
    Replacing Ramsey could be Johnny Williams or Andy King,
    Up to now the Welsh fans have been praising Coleman's decisions , Wednesday selections will be very important.

Got this from a friend to send to my English cousins [ who have become half Welsh this week]

There are 3 types of people .
    1 The Welsh
    2 Those who wish they were Welsh
    3 Those with no ambition
  10. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

I think I fall into Category 3 now, though I did enjoy Carrie's War and it's relatively easy to teach. The weather is awful though traeth, on a par with Manchester as far as the rain is concerned.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That's an excellent example of the kind of bollocks that appears on Facebook all too often. It doesn't make any sense, there is no logic to it and, most importantly, it is totally devoid of any trace of humour.

That aside, what a fantastic game (in stark contrast to the shit that that bag of wank served up the night before) and how great were Wales. They beat the team that I have most of my Euro betting money on (only France can save me now) but I still found myself cheering them on. It would have been all too easy to led their shoulders sag and think "oh well, we've still done pretty well to get here" but no, they fucking went for them and it made for a great spectacle.

Belgians were well on top for the first ten or fifteen minutes of the first half and the first ten of the second but then it was like someone flicked a switch and everything changed in both halves.

Fantastic second goal that looks like a clumsy stumble from one angle but utter brilliance from another. Second only to the Swiss acrobatic volley in my view. I'm not a fan of a big belted free-kick or whack from 30 yards (although Belgium's was top drawer) I like a well worked team goal or solo piece of skill and those two were great.

As for the next game - the Portugese winker can't surely be shit forever and I fear that he will drag his team of average performers through to the next round. One quick point, if I was refereeing last night Joe Allan would have been sent off. His persistent and stupid needless fouling was the one downpoint of the game for Wales - well that and Ramsey's booking but if you look at his actions they were purely instinctive rather than any act of stupidity and you have to feel for the bloke.
  12. Sigthorsson

Sigthorsson New Member

Tough one to predict today in all honesty with Germany v Italy. Tempted to bet on draw or Germany win.
    What do you guys think?
  13. winrew

winrew GILF

De Rossi struggling with fitness and Motta suspended , Germany without any injury problems , would be inclined to go with the draw at HT and Germany to take the spoils in the 2nd half , around 4/1.
  14. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

There is a whole branch of nouveau riche economic students who have been inspired by John Nash (of a beautiful mind fame) who are absolutely obsessed with game theory.

They will be having an absolute field day with tonights shoot out - and the psycology of what transpired.

These people will be influecing many many future politicians with designs on the top position within their country

Football coaches on the other hand ...
  15. Sigthorsson

Sigthorsson New Member

Was a good one last night, wouldn't mind to see some more drama today. France surely the favourites on paper, but Iceland have been really strong so far. When they shoot, it's usually on target and more often than not in the back of the net. Must be frustrating to play against such a well-organized team with an actual strategy. So far they have always looked the same and been extremely effective. I expect it to continue tonight.

Take a look at what the stats say here: https://sporticos.com/en/2016-07-03/209415-match-france-vs-iceland#betting-tips
    Especially Iceland's continuous goalscoring stands out for me, at least one goal in 13 consecutive games. Even if they haven't beaten France in the past 9, they have managed to score 1.4 goals on average against them.

Clear BTTS bet with France's defensive (personnel) problems for me. Decent odds too @ about 2.10, depends where you play.
    slick likes this.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

France have been starting their games very slowly - all 6 of their goals so far in this competition have come in the 2nd half (all from 57 mins onwards), and if I remember correctly, they didn't have a single shot on target in the first half of either of their first two matches (not sure about the last two). It wouldn't be a massive surprise to see Iceland score first, although France have yet to concede from open play.

Both the goals France have conceded so far have been penalties so 10/3 for a penalty to be taken (WillHill) might be a bit of value.
  17. slick

slick Administrator

France 4-1 no fcuking about like England did:naughty

Actually Iceland remind me a bit of Leicester the way they play on the back foot then go all gung ho when they have the ball.
    Be an interesting game nevertheless but at this level surely France will have to much for them, looking at the age of France's two fullbacks especially Evra's lack of pace then Iceland could well make a few chances on the break.

Like Sigthorsson has mentioned BTTS @ 2.10 looks a vety good bet.
  18. slick

slick Administrator

I'll tell you what I did like about Iceland when the beat England, maybe it's naivety that might come back to haunt them but when they were leading at no time did they look to waste time by feigning Injury or looking for the corner, even when the keeper had the ball or they won a throw in they kept the ball in play by playing it straight away.
    It was quite refreshing to watch.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

Certainly looks like this could be a very wide open game, going off the first 7 mins.

I've already backed a penalty to be given and have added over 2.5 first half goals @ 12.5

Also had small bets on Iceland / draw & Iceland / France, both @ 29.0....if Iceland score first it could be very interesting
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

25 mins for one more goal.....2-0 half-time guaranteed then :lol :ohwell
    Punter likes this.