1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Euro 2016 Rules

Discussion in 'EURO 2016 PREDICTOR COMPETITION' started by ONEDUNME, May 23, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Will finalise and confirm but this is the first draft of rules for the euro comp'. Don't know whether we need a separate forum or not.

Same scoring rules to the regular comp' in terms of maximum odds and settlement without stakes included.

Everyone needs to make a prediction for every game before the kick off.

Top 4 after the group stages go into a head to head play-off format for the 8 games of the next round and the two winners of those head to heads going up against each other for the quarters, semis and the final to see who wins.

You can choose from the following bets but do bear in min that the maximum points you can gain from one game is 6 (which would be a 6/1 bet - 7.0 decimal)

You have 1 point to stake on each game. No bet means you lose the stake as if you had backed a loser. Odds will be settled as posted in the thread regardless of any market movement.

You can choose from the following bets (again, check for possible amendments before the off)
    Home
    Draw
    Away
    Half time/Full time
    Over/Under 2.5 goals

At some stage we may need a cut off for posting selections and at any stage selections can be PM'd to me to avoid "tactical selections". We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    rcgills likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Is the second draft ready yet? :lookaround
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Original looks perfect to me - unless anyone can see any potential problems or has any issues. In the event of any disputes or any possible conflict of interpretation (i.e anyone misreading the rules in a manner that just happens to favour their selections:naughty) I nominate RCgills as adjudicator (if he's OK with it that is). If it comes down to needing a decision it's better if one person is charged with making it and he (along with his beautiful assistant Punter) has been the one involved with running the season comp'. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting any "stewards enquiries" to be needed but as it's a one-off comp' which may throw up something we're haven't spotted in advance, I'd like to have a system in place to resolve any issues and I'd suggest an open court where everyone can chuck in their view and one person make the call (and it can't be me because I'd just favour whichever one of you I hate least:lol)

Obviously if RC is the cheating bastard involved with a particular issue, we may have to have an open vote in which Landed Gentry (SteveUK), criminals (Seen) and certified lunatics (half of the participants) will not be allowed to vote.
    Punter likes this.
  4. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Google it then you fucking numpty
  6. Steve_uk

I thought that the purpose of this forum was to share information..
  7. Steve_uk

..and stop pandering to Winrew by using Scottish expressions.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Fine by me,
    so are we posting up the odds for each set of qualifying matches in the group stages? i.e, 3 sets of fixtures in three separate forums or is it going to be 'en bloc'?
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've posted the odds - I suggest we direct folk to those odds and they use them regardless of any odds changes. I don't see any reason to make people choose too far in advance unless tactical picking becomes an issue.

How about a thread for each individual and they just keep adding to it as they make their picks ? NO EDITING - add new posts only.

I can then go thru them and tot up the scores as we go along.
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No problem, I'll be adjudicator. First decision, no problem with the use of the term "fucking numpty" :thumb

For posting the odds, you're going to hate me now you've started creating your own separate threads, but...

In terms of admin for the comp, the easiest thing would be a separate thread for each game, and everyone posting their pick for that game in the game's thread. That way, after each game is played, all you have to do is go into the thread for that game, see who got a winner, and you can have an updated table after each game which you can post at the end of the thread for that game. You've got everything you need for the game that's just been played in one single thread.

If everyone has an individual thread, you've got to go into 10 or so (depending how many players there are) separate threads to see what everyone backed, and then copy everything over into a central thread where you're keeping track of the scores/tables. Means a lot of faffing around going backwards and forwards into all the individual threads.

It'll involve a bit of extra work to start with, mind, as it means dividing the one big thread with the first round of fixtures that ODM posted into separate threads for each game, but I'll do that later if we decide that's the way we want to do it. I still think it'll be much less work in the long run.
  11. traeth

traeth Moderator

"In terms of admin for the comp, the easiest thing would be a separate thread for each game, and everyone posting their pick for that game in the game's thread."

I agree with rc and that the ease of admin is a priority.

I'm going to Bordeaux for the Wales v Slovakia match leaving early next week , I'll be back before the second games are played so I need to make my selections for the MD1 of the group stages
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well I'm afraid you're both talking shit but as I'm up against the adjudicator that I myself appointed, I suppose I'm something of a hiding to nothing LOL.

There would be no need for everyone's scores to be updated after every game necessarily, it would easy to sit down with a list of results at the end of the week and go through each person's thread and tot up for a total score. Easy.

But...whatevs
  13. slick

slick Administrator

14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I know you're not all stupid so I just can't be explaining myself very well.

The way I envisage it is that everyone has their own thread (Kegman has created his now for example). In it he posts his picks at his leisure (adding posts, not editing) and posts up the relevant odds from the odds thread.

After half a dozen games, I poll along, tott up his points and post on his thread what his total to date is. I do this for everyone and post the current points situation in the main thread. Simple, the top 4 highest scorers at the end of the qualifying round all go through to the next round when, granted, we can have individual match threads for he participants to post in.

Am I speaking Latin?
  15. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

No, you're talking what is commonly known, in Latin, as Loadus Bolluckus.

Anyway, if it's you that's going to do the admin then obviously do it however you want. I'm going to demand an updated league table after every game though :naughty
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

That would be playing into the hands of the tactical selectors - just what the cheating fuckers want:lookaround

I just think it's easier to go through about ten threads, one for each player, than 51 threads - one for each game.

Anyone can do the admin' though - so we just ask for volunteers and they can do it as they wish
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Yes, but if you have to go through those 10 threads 10 times each (if you're updating every 5 games or so), then that's twice as much work as going through 51 threads once each.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm happy to do it my way unless anyone else wants to do it . There isn't an "I'm not being arsey" icon so just take it from me that not. You'll see how much less work it is once it's underway.
  19. slick

slick Administrator

20. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

OK, no worries mate. I know you're not being arsey, there's only one that's RC around here.
    Punter likes this.