1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Eurovision 2015

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by kompressaur, Feb 5, 2015.

1. kompressaur

kompressaur spam removed by komp

I might as well post this seeing as im gregarious tonight. After tonight im going to lock myself away only seeing light if theres a decent scottish bet or on this thread. Suppose it will be made into a forum no?

2 or 3 countries all ready to go. Suppose its just 98 days away. Im gonna try and enjoy it this year. I havent for a while.

Here for a shite time not a good time
  2. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Funny how the previous year's winner seems to cast a shadow over the next years' entries,from Lena to Loreen and in this case Switzerland's Mélanie René,who is surely Conchita Wurst without the beard. Non-qualifier.
  3. Steve_uk

France's hopes rest with Parisian singer Lisa Angell. The song has echoes of Sandrine François's powerful ballad of 2002 though without the class,and I can't see it threatening the top places at this early stage.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  4. Steve_uk

Glamour puss and David De Gea's girlfriend Edurne will sing "Dawn" for Spain in the Vienna Stadthalle, but it's a good thing her appearance distracts us from what is a pretty dire song.
  5. Steve_uk

Trijntje Oosterhuis (never put one vowel when you can get away with two) will sing Walk Along for the Netherlands and she will qualify,but I don't think they've done enough with this song.
  6. Steve_uk

Macedonian Daniel Kajmakoski won the Balkan X Factor and has the voice,but it's the old flogging a dead horse syndrome once again. May qualify.
  7. Steve_uk

The way Denmark's song is reminds me of a pale imitation of the Bruno Mars hit and after two good years in the contest this looks like a non-qualifier.
  8. Steve_uk

Elhaida Dani sings "Sun" for Albania and it's another of those Conchita clones with similar staging to last year's winner,but there's no clear melody line to this song,which I doubt will be popular with televoters.
  9. Steve_uk

Will Graham Norton be heading off to Minsk next year? This is Belarus's best song ever and must have a good chance.
  10. Steve_uk

Conchita Mark IV and borderline qualification for Georgia.
  11. kompressaur

I'll go and have a watch of the vids you posted steve in a sec but first i have to see if australia's entry has been announced yet. Great news for eurovision fans all over the world i'd say. fuck i think we ALL have to wear wee tight gay t-shirts for this year. I really wanna see those mid-drifts (well barr Kegman's lol)

nah they havent chosen their song yet. Estonia 9/2 favs
    http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eurovision/winner
  12. kompressaur

Switzerland was instally unforgetable i thought too steve. France a bit too french possibly. Not a bad thing if it wasnt a ballad poss. I was just reading earlier how Casanova, an italian, wrote his books in french to sound more sophisticated. Great Britain soon kicked the shit out of french sophistication after they got Napoleon to take charge huh? (ps Casanova wrote his books when he was a sad demented old man who hadnt had sex in years. I can feel his pain)

ooh i luv the start of spains song. ah wait a sec. Probably best if it was an instrumental huh? there's a quiz question for you steve. when was the last instrumental song in Eurovision?
  13. kompressaur

mmmm this dutch song is almost below comment. Its just awfull. who writees songs like these and thinks they are even half good? A lot of the singers family and friends must have lied to them along the process.

(so could you do any better komp?)

Errrrr , mmmm, errrrrr AYE!!!! and i will in a sec. after this glass of cider.....

Nice piano sound on this Macedonian effort. ouch...this is an old song im sure of it. Maybe not. what goes through these people's heads? They think theyve got a chance. surely they do? Suppose it's like wearing black leather tassle cowboy waistcoats. No one calls you a cunt to your face as your the poor unfortunate that thinks leather tassle waistcoats are cool and it's easier just to let folks be.

Are all these song really finalists steve? Something happened to eurovision the last few years. I think less (pop) cultured nations are taking it too serious poss. Like my ejuice recipes its all the same sort of dirge. Anyhow...i'll stop being komp mk5 (the boring one thats not funny anymore)

Albania have really taken it serious the last few years too. bah and blast another boring ballad. Albania is/was a communist country arent they? Im reading that they clamined to be the first atheist state in the world. I feel compelled to visit it now. anyhow i do go on...:(

Right Belarus and then im gonna stop for breath.... ouch this is awful steve (IMO) not even the best of a bad bunch. the nicest thing i can say about it is that its SHIT (titter)

Dunno why Estonia are favs. still nothing on their entry yet
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2015
  14. Steve_uk

The nearest I can think of is "Nocturne" in 1995.
    kompressaur likes this.
  15. Steve_uk

I'm sorry..I hate to labour the point but Conchita Wurst the transvestite was last year guys,the previous occasion one won was 1998 and the next time a similar performer will win will be another generation off. Have you nothing better to enter than mimic someone else who anyway did it better?
  16. Steve_uk

The Czech Republic's entry has potential,when they sort out the voice modulation and staging. Not much to beat so far.
  17. Steve_uk

A disappointing entry from Malta this year,a country which normally takes the contest so seriously. Borderline qualification.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  18. Steve_uk

A pleasant song for Lithuania with potential. Sorry no visuals yet.
  19. Steve_uk

Giannis Karagiannis sings "One Thing I Should Have Done" for Cyprus,but somehow doesn't quite achieve the effect he would have wished.
  20. Steve_uk

Iceland has chosen a young girl whom one wonders is above the legal age requirement for the competition,but it's a definite qualifier and if they can get the acoustics right should challenge for the top places.