1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Eurovision Song Contest 2016

Discussion in 'Special & Novelty Betting' started by Steve_uk, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

2. Steve_uk

3. Steve_uk

Rather a disappointing week of rehearsals I would say. Russia is about as good as it gets:

Choreography has let down many promising entries. Look at the UK 2009, where some thought about stage presence enhanced an average song.
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  4. Steve_uk

I suppose we have to be glad they didn't pick Engelbert Humperdinck again..
  5. Steve_uk

Of course it is hard for me having to wear two hats as it were, not to discourage the exuberance of youth whilst judging the UK entry in the criterion of the cold light of day.

You can watch the Semi-finals on BBC 4 on Tuesday 10th and Thursday 12th May at 8:00pm.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  6. Steve_uk

If they have got rid of those daft girls in the French entry I might place it second or third. I still like Croatia, which should be up there with Armenia, Sweden and Poland with Russia as winners.
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  7. Steve_uk

The ten qualifiers for Saturday's Final from Semi-final 1 are:

Azerbaijan, Russia, Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Armenia, Czech Republic, Cyprus and Malta.
  8. Steve_uk

The qualifiers for tomorrow night´s Final from Semi-final 2 are: Latvia, Poland, Israel, Serbia, Lithuania, Australia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Georgia and Belgium. No place for Ireland or Denmark in this reckoning, which did seem to have an Eastern European bias. Apologies to last year´s entrant, pianist Molly Sterling for forgetting her a few weeks ago.

It looks like Russia is a certainty to win the Final, where no expense has been spared choreographically as Sergei the eagle ascends a white escalier to sit on an Armitage Shanks toilet. I can´t see anybody beating it, though going off the live performances this week I have Latvia second and Poland and Croatia completing the top 4.
  9. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Cheers Steve. Could not resist Croatia's odds of 250/1. Have added Austria at 100's and Azerbaijan, again at 250's
  10. Steve_uk

Ukraine has won its second Eurovision under controversial circumstances it must be said. Russia, the favourites with the public and quite simply the best song in the contest was cheated out of victory by the professional juries, and picking this overtly political song in the first place has set a precedent which will only backfire on them in future years. The UK finished 24th out of the 26 entries. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36295366
    Last edited: May 15, 2016