1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

FA Cup Betting 5-7th January

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

First the good news

West Brom manager Steve Clarke says the Baggies are very keen to make progress in the FA Cup this season.
    Clarke's men travel to QPR for a third round tie on Saturday and, while their hosts remain at the bottom of the Premier League table, West Brom are an impressive seventh, despite their New Year's Day loss to Fulham.
    Clarke said on Friday: "The FA Cup is a competition we want to try and do well in. I've enjoyed success as a player and a coach in the FA Cup and I'd like to continue in the same vein.
    "We are only involved in three competitions and we went out of the League Cup early but we'd like to stay in the FA Cup as long as possible.

Then the not so good

West Brom boss Steve Clarke has been forced to rule out four players for the trip to London and has concerns over five other members of his squad.
    Jonas Olsson, Steven Reid, Claudio Yacob and Goran Popov all remain injured and unavailable for the out-of-form Baggies.
    Clarke is also assessing the fitness of another five unnamed players before he will be able to decide on his starting line-up.

Above from Teamtalk.com
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

The news comes amid a serious injury crisis for manager Lee Clark which has resulted in young strikers Eddy Gnahore, Reece Hales and Marcel Henry-Francis all being called up for the tie.
    Marlon King (knee), Peter Lovenkrands (calf) and Akwasi Asante (hamstring) are all missing along with Nikola Zigic, who completes his two-match suspension.
    Midfielders Papa Bouba Diop (hamstring), Darren Ambrose (knee) and Hayden Mullins are also absent, with Jonathan Spector a doubt. Defenders Paul Caddis (hamstring), David Murphy and Stephen Carr (both knee) again miss out.
    But defender Will Packwood (illness) is fit and Blues are hopeful midfielder Callum Reilly may shrug off a foot problem in time.
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

That Albion news could work both ways as 'arry might not want to risk losing to half a team & therefore put the strongest he can out
  4. Charlie

Charlie New Member

Thats pretty much what it said on the back of the local paper. Its enough to put me off.

Man Utd and Chelsea might be obvious picks but I don't see them as bad odds, so them 2 with Leeds for me I think. Tempted to chuck Forest in, but generally when I go more than a treble is when it goes tits up!

Sheff Utd also seem decent, but don't know much about Oxford, anyone see Sheffield losing this?
  5. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

My antepost was West Ham at 100/1 which looked decent until they drew Man Utd. So I've had to take Utd to qualify at awful odds of 1/4 which would give me a minute profit.:crossfingers
  6. ThunderCelt

Oxford are one of the form sides in L2 at the moment (3rd in the last 8 games form table) so are probably playing better than their league position suggests. Their early season was blighted by injuries which I think they're now getting over.

However, Oxford have been known to 'choke' in front of their own fans, although perhaps not so much recently. Without knowing too much about Sheff Utd my guess would be that Oxford will probably do better than their league position suggests, although it's difficult to make a strong case for them winning.
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Wolves missing a few:
    Bakary Sako is the latest Wolves player to be struck down by injury as the out-of-sorts side travel to Luton in the third round of the FA Cup.
    Wanderers' influential winger was forced off with a hamstring complaint after an hour of the 3-1 New Year's Day defeat at Crystal Palace - a third successive reverse over the festive period - and is now a huge doubt to face the Hatters.
    Fellow midfielders Tongo Doumbia (hamstring) and Bjorn Sigurdarson (thigh) missed the game altogether, with the latter boasting a slight chance of being fit for the tricky cup tie.
    Winger Slawomir Peszko is close to making his return after three months out with a knee injury and whether he is included in under-pressure boss Stale Solbakken's matchday squad remains to be seen.
    Razak Boukari, Dave Edwards, Steven Mouyokolo, Wayne Hennessey, Stephen Hunt and George Elokobi remain absent.
    Luton boss Paul Buckle will be forced into at least two changes for the visit of the Championship side to Kenilworth Road.
    Defensive duo Simon Ainge and new recruit Scott Neilson are both cup-tied.
    Midfielder Jonathan Smith is eligible and the former York man played in the second round victory over Dorchester.

I'm defo on Luton, if theres an upset, its there. also, everywhere I've looked at team news is saying Pulis & Mo'N are ringing the changes so i'm having some of Palace as well
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

right, decided. talked myself out of norwich as they're missing some , so, i've taken various combinations, including 3 singles, on:

Newcastle, Villa, Leeds, Forest, Palace, Luton
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm liking Newcastle too swoops . evens for draw no bet? Go on then.

also on Leeds
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've gone against Crawley, Charlie. I'm not able to back it up with any vital stats but i think Reading have a good enough squad to cope with this. Crawley are going well enough in league one, over achieving at present i'd say but they've only won 6 of their 13 home games so far this season and tend to only beat the lower placed clubs in the league. I might be wrong but i have this as an even money chance so 11/8 looks a little bit of value to me.

Stoke looked like giants in beating Liverpool, they have a couple of positives this week in Shawcross signing a new deal and Nzonzi winning his appeal against a red card, he's now available for the game.

Since beating Liverpool, Stoke pulled off a good draw with Southampton and although going on to lose at Man City i'm wondering if Pulis would of accepted that for a result here.
    I'm also wondering if Palace can put the transfer talk of Zaha to one side?
    I'm probably talking shit there and Swoop you might of called it right but 6/4 looks big to me, thinking back to that Liverpool performance. I think Pulis wants this, what else can he achieve this season? And surely for Holloway promotion is the main target.
  11. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Team news will prove whether I'm right as if he picks a strong side they'll win, but I don't think he does
    Punter likes this.
  12. ThunderCelt

'Boro have got an injury crisis but even so I agree they should have enough if they take it nayithng like seriously. I haven't for the confience to go for the handicap, but I have lumped on Boro' at 1/6.
  13. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Right few bits from me for what its not worth, Im going to the crawley match today it is pretty much a sell out and no doubt will be, Reading are bringing down 1,400 as well. Reading manager has allready said he will be making changes to the side, crawley have two injuries to defenders but at times when there defenders have been injured thats been a blessing to them as they havnt conceded goals. At home Crawley have lost 5 this season and before when i watched them they looked quite good and then conceded 2 goals from nothing before snatching a 93rd minute goal. In the Fa cup Crawley have only lost 1 in 7 at home and that was against Stoke last year, past two seasons they have been knocked out by premier opposition, they are very much improving and should of beat a full strength Swansea in the league cup earlier in the season but lost in the 92nd min. The 23/10 you can get on Crawley is deffo worth a small back with cover on 2-2 @ 15/1 with bet victor.

Leeds are a back at evens judging the team news for Birmingham, At home they have won 5 in a row in the league and whilst Birmingham look like they will be fighting relelgation Leeds look like they will be fighting for promotion. I was at the Leeds game Tuesday and i wouldnt say they played great against Bolton but they got the job done Becchio at the moment is on fire and this could turn into a thumping if Birmingham play there youth plays so the 27/20 on him anytime at betway looks good as well.

Charlton are a back at 5/4 as well Huddersfield after there good start to the season are only going one way now and have conceded 13 in there last 5 away games, They were thrashed 6-1 on new years day at Leicester, Charlton have lost 3 in 10 but 2 have those have been away from home.

Ill have those as singles and then do Blackburn, Hull, Leicester treble @ 3.18 + Forest Man Utd + Tottenham treble @ 3.29
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Some loose change on Jack Collison first and anytime scorer @ 36 and 8.4
  15. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Putting spare £5.72 on Scholes anytime @ 5.5 sleep for me now only got one thing up which was becchio anytime crawley were crap
  16. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Luton clap Villa left it late though :unsure & what a nob'ead I was to listen to Forest at those odds :lol

anyway, reckon big goals @ Upton Park, so 3-3 & unquoted
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Taken +3.5 as well
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one with Villa Swoop and i guess a draw was inevitable between Palace and Stoke :duh
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Had Palace doubled with Luton so i was a bit unlucky there. Disappointed in Newcastle & Leeds though. Less so Forest as it was my own stupid fault taking them for granted
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Wolves have sacked that Norwegian bloke, thought that would happen if Luton turned them over