1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Gary Linekar - Presenter

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Colbro, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33012907

Just curious here

I know he was a good centre forward in his day

But do people like him as a presenter ?

He is not to my personal taste and I would prefer Jon Inverdale presenting BBC football

What do you think ?
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I like him Colbro, Jon Inverdale is good enough but Lineker is perfect for the beeb.
    I think he's deserved his new contract.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I think he's a nob but as Punt mentions he's perfect for the beeb, Mr Perfect and all that.
    Personally I like Chapper's even though he is a rag.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Actually I think the best one of the lot is Tony Livesey but I suppose he's a bit common to be a nationwide BBC sports presenter.
    Shame really because the average sports fan would be able to relate to him.
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nowt wrong with old jug ears. Inverdale's a smarmy public school rugger player, Chappers is a brain-dead wanker who's wankerishness is trumped only by that dick Livesey.

"Chappers" was on an Attheraces show on a saturday morning and I remember posting what an utter clueless cunt he was. It would take him six odds-on tips before he managed to get a winner.

Twat
  6. slick

slick Administrator

Must be a northern thing then, I bet Winrew loves them too.
    I think Livesey's a scruffy cnut but he know's his stuff.
  7. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Does any father ever admit he's sired an ugly daughter?
  8. winrew

winrew GILF

Probably not , but i bet your dad hits his head every day with a hammer
    Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'd shag it.
  11. Steve_uk

Winrew I'm sorry you're a Sweden immigrant failure but then I suppose someone has to be. How sensible of them to deport you..
  12. winrew

winrew GILF

Just like yourself , that post makes NO sense at all !!
  13. Steve_uk

That's good coming from you. Have you ever been to Sweden Winrew?
  14. winrew

winrew GILF

Yes , around twenty visits over the last six years or so.
  15. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

16. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

17. slick

slick Administrator

Trying to take the easy way out by use of deflection because he can't justify his salary.
    Lineker must be the most boring man on TV, no personality whatsoever, you could replace him with 'Dave the cardboard box' and no fcuker would notice.
  18. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Don't really understand what people's problem is with these salaries. In Lineker's case, sure, you can argue over whether or not he's a decent presenter and the best man for the job, but the BBC think he is. The fact he says he's turned down better paid offers to leave the BBC suggest that if anything, the BBC is paying below the going rate.

No doubt the BBC could get someone cheaper to present it, and it's possible they may even do a better job of it. But then I dare say the same could be said about a lot of us in our jobs too.
  19. Seen

Seen Moderator

To be honest, I didn't mind his tweet, okay it might not have been advisable being so glib considering the situation but I thought it was better than when you see these cunts twist awkwardly with their replies. And does he have to justify his wage? Does anyone? Footballers, movie stars etc. If we were in his shoes and offered that money, would we turn it down on principle? Would we fuck.

Like RC has said, if he's turned down better offers, maybe the likes of ITV and Sky should reveal their wage plan too. Might be an eye-opener.
  20. Seen

Seen Moderator

As sure as night follows day, the 'gender gap' row has swiftly been followed by accusations of race and age discrimination.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...hows-huge-pay-gap-between-white-and-bme-stars

The age of the highest earners explains the racial disparity, as the vast majority of these white employees are 40 or older, and have been established as the BBC for many years, it's flawed just like the arguments about the lack of black football managers.

upload_2017-7-20_10-36-24.png