1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Gerrard new Rangers boss

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by slick, May 4, 2018.

1. slick

slick Administrator

I wish him all the best but think he'll need a lot more than that in his first managerial role.
    I'm still trying to get my head around why Rangers appointed him when there are English managers with a lot more experience that would have took the job.

2. Punter

Punter Moderator

Sam Allardyce, Alan Pardew, Roy Hodgson?

I dont know how it'll turn out but having Gary McAllistar there is a massive plus.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Souness had a great managerial career there, it can work for Gerrard too.

He's got nothing to lose, in his favour.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

If anyone can stop Brendan Rogers from winning the title, Gerrard can.

He's done it once before.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Aye but when Souness was there both teams were pretty much on an even keel.
    I'd have Big Sam, Hodgson and Pardew all before Gerrard and Rangers aren't mugs enough not to either so after taking that in it has to come down to how much money the manager has to spend and also the managers wages which would rule out the English managers you mention.

Nice one, Nice one my son:lol
    Punter likes this.
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I think it's a big gamble from both sides but hope he works magic. I'm more excited about McAllister as he's got loads of experience.

Gerrard will have loads of contacts and influence so hopefully some good players will be on there way. King must have promised him some decent funds for transfers although he has promised loads before and up until now hasn't produced the goods or Gerrard will be 'slipping' out the back door pretty quick.

As long as they stop Celtic winning 10 in a row.
    slick and Punter like this.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

He’s absolutely fucked

The only time he’ll get within 6 points of them is at the start of the season.

John Barnes is still viewed as a shit manager for failing in Scotland and his win record really wasn’t bad at all.

You either win or you’re shit up there and he’ll be shit. He won’t see a second season
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I hope your wrong ODM but sadly i think you might be right.

For Gerrard to succeed and match Celtic King needs to spend money and i think he's a tight bastard.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

What if....

Liverpool have 'a deal' at Rangers? What if they put Gerrard and McAllistar there?

Nonsense i expect, but i'm a suspicious bastard when it comes to our relationship with Southampton for example, regarding the buying of players and the fees we are alleged to have paid etc. I dont know who really saved the saints when they were struggling on and off the pitch in League One, just 9 seasons ago, but there were too many signings that followed from them to us to be normal.

I know Rangers are a massive club but i keep hearing no money, so maybe something's happening behind closed doors to suit both clubs?

I've a feeling you might see Ben Woodburn arrive, or Dominic Solanke, along with 1 or 2 other young potentials from Liverpool. I think he'll also attract some older Premier League experience too, he'll need a few. He'll also give chances to Scottish youth.
    Celtics domination makes it a boring league, it's too easy and greedy going for the double treble. The gap is too wide and the SPL desperately needs more competition, things have to change. I think Gerrard and Gary Mac' will help close the gap. It's worth the gamble.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

That was my first thoughts but couldn't Rangers just loan them anyhow? Plus Rangers are too bigger club to become an annex or feeder for Liverpool surely, plus plus plus aren't Celtic more closely related to Liverpool than Rangers because of their Irish history and large Irish match day support, can't see Liverpool risking that.

I reckon Gerrard will get the odd favour of two off Liverpool but i think it's his own personal choice to manage Rangers rather than a collaboration with Liverpool.
    Punter likes this.