1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Health kick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kegman, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

As from tomorrow I've decided to start a wee health kick. Looking to cut down on what I've been eating and drinking and also throw in a bit of exercise.

I've got myself an exercise bike and the plan is to do at least 30 mins every night. Going to go swimming at least once a week and still hopefully play at least one round of golf a week until the weather gets better.

Anybody got any helpful hints or tops ?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No I have no tops, sorry.

Just make your goals realistic. That's it.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Good luck Kegs.

Eat less and move more is the way.

A mate of mine has just gone through January without eating bread and potatoes, cut out a few sweet things too, i cant remember how much he said he'd lost but it was quite a bit in such a short period.

I've got an old V neck sweater you can have.
    slick likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Kegs, I need to do something similar myself but haven't thought about it yet.
    It's been nearly two years now since I last went to the Gym but feels more like twenty, it's amazing how fast you lapse into being a lazy fat cnut again once you let it slip.
    I was peeling some spuds earlier on today and had to take a breather half way through.
  5. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Best of luck Kegs

If your starting from scratch just do 5mins - at a very leisurely pace

Then slowly up it when you feel ready

Please also keep us updated - I too need to start a health kick
  6. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm not going to post up here everyday but here is what i did today.

2 shredded wheat & a banana for breakfast

Small salad for lunch (with no protein - got a row from my mrs)

30 mins on exercise bike at very relaxing pace but enough of a pace to make me sweat and slightly out of breath by the end of it

Chicken breast with roasted veg for tea (smallest tea portion wise since about primary school)
  7. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol Keggers be going to bed hungry. Be sneaking downstairs at 2am
  8. slick

slick Administrator

lol, By Saturday morning the bike will be in the bin and the frying pan out.

As already stated Keggers don't do too much or cut out to much food at once apart from the sugars and fat.
    The regime looks fine but I would have done the exercise bike before the lunch, I always felt a lot better having something to eat after excercising. then again you don't state what times your eating and exercising so I'm guessing.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm going to see if i can keep it up till at least the 27th Feb. That's my goal as I've got a day out that day.

Not been swimming for about 2 years but going tonight.

When i first got off the bike it took me about 5 mins to climb up the bloody stairs to get into the shower - walking like i had just got off John Waynes horse so don't know how my legs will feel in the morning.
  10. traeth

traeth Moderator

Good luck with this keg
    I know I could do with losing a couple of stones , It is my alcohol consumption that is my biggest downfall but I do not have the willpower to give up, even for 6 weeks.
    I do walk a few miles daily but tend to avoid the bike if its raining so this winter the bike hasn't been out.
  11. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Day 5 and I'm still going strong although i did almost cheat when i found a 6 pack of Brannighans beef & mustard crisps yesterday in a cupboard.
    Colbro likes this.
  12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Forgot to say - weigh in day is Sunday
  13. Howson

Howson Active Member

Swimming is great for keeping fit,
    Swimming is great for fitness, and if you can get somewhere with a sauna at the side of the pool, get in there for 10 mins after a good few lengths, and do it 3 or 4 times a week, and the weight will fall off, and you will feel alot better for it.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Says Howson with a belly the size of a Sperm whale, talking of which the only lengths you do are the ones in the Sauna while ogling the talent.
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

First week lost 12lb so i must be doing something right.

I know the loss rate will slow down dramatically but I'll keep going till the end of the month.

Dose of the shits yesterday so hopefully that'll lost me a few extra pounds as well.
    Punter, rcgills and Topdog like this.
  16. slick

slick Administrator

lol, well done mate. Losing 12lb in a week takes some doing, Give yourself 3 points.

For some reason it reminds me of Peter Kay in his slimming world joke.
  17. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Lost 3lb this week so still going in the right direction so that's over a stone in 2 weeks. Still no tatties, bread or bevvie but i could murder a jumbo haggis supper from the chippy if truth be known.
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No bevvie! Fucking hell, I can't remember the last time I went a week without a beer. Must have been when I was on a 3 week exercise in the army:lol

Some willpower mate:thumb
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Looks like Swoops has slimmed away to fuck all by the look of it.