1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Hereford FC

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Punter, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

A good Video on where my little club is at now...

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos/10156296498220982/

We're the lowest ranked team left in the FA Cup

Fleetwood should beat us a week tomorrow in the replay, but if they dont, we've got the Premier League Champions at home :)

Allez Allez Allez Oh...Allez Allez Allez Oh...Hereford FC, from the cider country"
    rcgills and slick like this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Forgot all about the FA cup draw Punt, let me go and see who's playing who........:leaving
    Good luck next week.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Climbing back up the leagues. Champions for a third time in a row.

Capture.PNG
    rcgills likes this.
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Where do they go up to now, Punt, National League South?
  5. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice one Punt
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's not been decided yet but it will either be National league North or South.
    Hard to see another straight promotion but fingers crossed for a step in the right direction and another good season.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

If i were a betting man, looking at all the tables at the moment I’d go for National league south.

It depends on all the promotions and relegations (including play-offs) but it would be logical to stick Hereford and Gloucester in the same league even if a team further south at the other side of the country had to go in the northern league surely
    Punter likes this.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I think most Hereford fans would prefer South. :crossfingers
  9. slick

slick Administrator

Well done Punt.
    I see my own home town team were also promoted to he National league, albeit financially doped by the class of 92 lol
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, well done Salford. Another team moving forward.

Over 4,600 at Hereford yesterday for the celebrations. Average of 2,553 all season.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

slick and ThunderCelt like this.
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Good start to the season, Punter. You been to see them play?
  13. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

It's a shame Hereford are in the Northern section, 'cos I see a fair but of National South football. Bath is my home town team, and I know someone with links to Hungerford, so I've see both quite a bit. I've always had a soft spot for Hereford due to the respectful rivalry with Aldershot during our mutual Conference days. It's good to see 'em doing well.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

No i havent been for ages. For as much as i love them i've been a poor supporter for a fair few seasons now.

I payed to watch for years and years and donated several times when they were a struggling league club and asking for help, but they still went bust and had to fold and that killed me. I cried like a baby that day.

It's great that they have since reformed as Hereford FC, and thats all down to the fans. They have given countless hours of their free time to get football back at Edgar St.

I should go as it's pretty cheap. £9 on the train, £11 to get in, but I watch the video highlights of them online instead. I'm just a big armchair fan these days.

A cruel blow today, conceding a 93rd minute goal against top of the table Chorley. Our first loss of the season.

Good luck with the Gills this season :thumb

Cheers TC, and good luck with the shots this season, i do have a respect for them too and hope you do well. Not a great start so far but it's still early days.

I cant say the same about Bath, i went to this game during a period of depression and the performance and result also hurt me big time lol...

ThunderCelt likes this.
  15. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I felt like that about Aldershot when we went bust, although with us it had been inevitable for a while so fans had already put the groundwork in place for a new club which made it as much exciting as depressing.

And it's good to see Twerton Park full, I nearly didn't recognise it.
    Punter likes this.
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Does look pretty harsh, doesn't it, unless something's happened off the pitch to make them sack him.

Always kept an eye on how he's doing, started his career at the Gills but before that as a kid he played for my local Kent league team.
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

I didn't know that.

I heard he turned down a couple of jobs 2 weeks before he was sacked.
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

3 defeats from 3 games since they sacked him, I see. Have they appointed a new manager yet, Punter?
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm hearing 'shambles' and 'fucking awful' off a couple of lads that go regular. Booed off the pitch too.

They appointed someone yesterday. Hardly inspiring...

Never fucking heard of him.