1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Charity Shield 7th Aug

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 5, 2011.

?

Charity Shiled Winners

Poll closed Aug 8, 2011.
  1. Manchester City

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Manchester United

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Draw

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. slick

slick Administrator

Curtain raiser to the new season kicks off this sunday between Manchester City v Manchester United.

Has the makings of one of the best non events ever as both of these sides will me looking to leave a mark on the other.
    I'll go for a draw or City win, in other words x2 but I'll get a wee poll going just to make sure the function works.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Makes you wonder though have United edgd it to City considering they played the majority of their first team tonight (Friday) in Scholsey's testimonial, was played at a laymans pace but the forwards were putting in a lot of effort with Rooney, Nani and Berbatov breaking sweat.

might not seem much on the night but come Sunday could make all the difference come the latter stages.

Come what may I expect Rooney to have a blinder and probably get booked or worse to compensate for missing the FA cup semi but overall City will be looking to start the season as they finished the last and head into the new term with some momentum as they have done with their pre season friendlies especially the ones where they have put out a strong squad and looked pretty formidable.

I'm edging more and more to the City outright but will probably stick to the 1x scrubbing the above pick in my first post as I've just realised City have been drawn as the home side.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I'm looking forward to the game, which I realise is a massive mistake as it will inevitably dissapoint.

What really, really pisses me off is the way Old Fergy will pretend like hell that it doesn't matter when we all know that both team will be busting their bollocks to win it. If United are 1-0 down at half time, Fergie will throw a few kids on and pretend it was just a practice match.
  4. winrew

winrew GILF

Looking forward to it as well , any idea if Agueros playing , call me a dreamer but this could be the season that City really do the buisness , saw glimpses of it last season , some decent signings close season , with a a couple more before next weekend if reports are to be believed....
  5. quandram

quandram New Member

Contradictory rumours this morning that Sneijder either is or isn't on his way to City... I fancy these two + Chelsea to be the ones going for the title this season... Arsenal will be hoping for 4th ahead of Spurs (who desperately need a striker and Llorente may fit the bill if they can pull it off). Not buying Liverpool and anyone who can explain to me what formation they will be playing to go with the range of players they appear to have spunked money on is welcome to try.

For this match I'd rather have money on City than Utd but that's purely due to value. No result would really suprise so you take what cover you can and City AH-0/DNB @ 2.25 is worth consideration.
  6. winrew

winrew GILF

Loving the new Utd keeper..
  7. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

really enjoyed the game today - city proved they are going to be a force to be reckoned with mes thinks but man ure looked good especially with their one touch passing
  8. winrew

winrew GILF

Nice to see you Keggers ..
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I enjoyed the match even though we got beat, City were a yard off the pace especially Yaya but that will come as the season progresses.

I have to admit i was impressed with Uniteds youngters, i expected them to be bowled over in the seconds half, even more so when Vidic and Ferdinhand didn't show but they shown a lot of spunk and thoroughly deserved the win, Smalling was immense and Anderson for the soft cnut he is seems to be getting better every season, even ladyboy Nani is stepping upto the plate to fill Ronaldo's shoes something I thought was beyond him.

For a game that didn't mean anything to every Red I had spoken to last week they didn't do a bad job of celebrating after the match lol.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It reminded me of a league game some years ago (dunno, 7 or 8) when City were leading going into the last ten minutes when they got a corner. From the City attack, United broke away and scored to equalise and City's spirit was broken. My memory is not what it was so that might all be bollocks.

I enjoyed the game and City played well but I'm wondering how many reporters will point to Mancini's Italian psyche and say that they were too focused on not conceding rather than playing in the same manner that had got them two goals up. I don't think that was the case today myself but he was certainly guilty of it at times last season when he should have been more attack minded at times (especially against lesser teams) and that perception could well be what ends up getting him the sack.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Mancini is looking for a new house in Manchester, nothing to extravagant , just a little 2 up 3 down!