1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2014/15 - Free Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by Punter, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Poor week for me. I'd of been better leaving my scores blank.

This is the greatest goal of all time btw..

2. slick

slick Administrator

This is my all time favourite.....

Punter likes this.
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Can anyone confirm that they know Howson? Is he real? It's as if we're playing a friggin computer here :)

Excellent scoring from him again this week.

Well done all those hitting 100pts or more

b2.PNG
    rcgills likes this.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

Cause he does fcuk all; all day at work apart from studying prem stats.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Won't be long before he starts talking about his 'Philosophy'
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Talking or selling? lol

I'm not sure how many thousand have entered but he has just broken into the top 100 (97th) on the overall leaderboard with that score :clap
  7. newman200

newman200 OTC

Two bits of fairly good news this week:
    Our mini-league position in the Championship has improved
    [​IMG] 94 (98)... Malvern League Region: Malvern... +665 ... 12650
    AND
    Mr Howson with his super-duper score of 235 pts this week is only just under IKTS's top scorer. He managed 260 pts.
    But if you look at this other guy's league position, you'll see that this was a one-off and not consistency as demonstrated by our own leader.
    [​IMG] 31184 (38693)... [​IMG] [​IMG] Matty Taylor ...1095 ... +260 ...10
  8. newman200

newman200 OTC

This goal and result has very happy memories for me. At the time I was in the army serving in Bahrain. I was practically the only guy from the South of England, everybody else were Northerners. Of course being the only 'soft Southerner' I came in for a great deal of ribbing.
    The World Service radio at that time was crap and I was the only guy to hear the final score of that game.
    It gave me great pleasure to announce the score over the tannoy system.
    Revenge in bucket loads.
    Punter likes this.
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

The Goerdies didn't like it up em Newman200! Malcom Mcdonald said he was going to put 10 past us.
  10. newman200

newman200 OTC

Fantastic to know that one of our members is in the top 100 IKTS players. Mr Howson should be very pleased and proud.
    Last season one of the members of my other mini-league achieved such prominence, but this season he is languishing mid-table.
    The guy used to take long shots which always seemed to come off, but it is not happening this year.
    The difference is that I expect Mr Howson to maintain his high scoring record year-in year-out because his forecasts are among the most popular but he has a knack of getting the perfect score and then placing his Bonus chip on that prediction.
    The rest of us get the correct result but with wrong scorelines: ie a difference of 20 pts per game.
    And isn't it interesting to know that last season's runaway winner, Jodie Gardner has not made any impact so far this season.
    Funny old game Football.
  11. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Cheers for all the comments newman and punter, is this really such a good score, as this is the 1st time ive played this talksport predictor, so have never predicted weekly prem league scores before. Im still 400 pts behind the person who is winning the overall comp.

I must admit as slick said i do study current form tables, injury lists and past history between teams etc. i still think a lot of it is luck though, and as far as im concerned i havent won anything yet, theres still 6 games to go.

I will certainly play this every year as long as you are running it, and im gonna try and get a few more lads i know to have a go - great job you do with it if you dont mind me saying, well done.
    Punter likes this.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

You played it last year too ya lying cnut! we have a wee comp going in work and to be fair the bugger won that too.

In all fairness Hats off to Howson because he does have a knack of picking winners, I can't really call it luck because he does it week in week out, me I'm just an unlucky bastard that would be pissing this comp if it wasn't for last minute goals fcuking me up:lol

I'm not ruling Cleggy getting somewhere either because it's the sort of person he is, he could close his eyes and pick out his predictions with a pin and still probably come up trumps.
    To be fair to Cleggy he's not really a big football fan like me and Howson, he's more into rugby so to be where he is in the paid league is pretty remarkable even though he's another that looks at stats, his nickname at work was Statto last year lol but in his position I don't blame him, he's still a lucky fcuker mind and that should see him into the cash handouts,
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Dont say that FFS!

I've got him in the CL Semi Finals the coming weeks.

Any chance you arranging a nasty accident at work for him, for me? Nothing too serious, just something that will make him lose his marbles for a few weeks.

Do the same to Howson.

For Halfies?
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Done, I can probably nobble Cleggy because I could rig one of his machines and he's a busy chappie at work always on the go, Howson will be a tougher prospect though because he does fcuk all all week.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

16. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Shit forgot about that, i actually meant havent played this bpl and malvern league before.

Cleggy is where he is because of 1 jammy 90 pt correct prediction he got, punter you will dick him in the semis if you u use you brain - good luck with ur job aswell, did you mean gis a job rather than cig ha ha.

Slick i thought u was on the piss tgt, is it some hillbilly dump that opens from 12 am and closes at 6am u ale can.

Hey u unt my nickname at work is mr busy, i dont have time to analyse the fixtures till 10am.
  17. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Thats going on your gravestone slick - if it wasnt for that last minute equaliser i would be 10pts better off - ur 500 behind u daft ucker. Is ur banker on ur lads this week, or have you packed in laying for the pelli
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

lol cheers and nah definitely a fag!

:lol
  19. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

In fairness to Slick, unless it's on your insurance chip game, a goal like that costs you at least 20pts, as it takes you from +10 (if not more) to -10
  20. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

Yeah but that will be the case for quite a few others i would imagine - slick quotes he would be pissing this league apart from last minute goals, hes a city fan , they dont call em bitter blues for nothing you know