1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

I Know The Score 2017/18 - Paid Entry

Discussion in 'Superbru Predictor competition.' started by slick, Jul 31, 2017.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Same as last year but halving the payouts, which would mean.....(not taking the extra £135 into account yet)

BPL £170

1st £90

2nd £40

3rd £25

4th £15

Champs Lge £75

1st £50

2nd £25

Christmas Cup £60

1st £60

League Cup £45

1st £30

2nd £15

Highest score in any one Gameweek £25

1st £25

Gameweek Fixtures...

Gameweek:1 BPL
    Gameweek:2 BPL
    Gameweek:3 BPL+ League Cup group stage
    Gameweek:4 BPL+ League Cup group stage
    Gameweek:5 BPL+ League Cup group stage
    Gameweek:6 BPL+ League Cup group stage
    Gameweek:7 BPL+ League Cup group stage
    Gameweek:8 BPL
    Gameweek:9 BPL
    Gameweek:10 BPL+ League Cup Final
    Gameweek:11 BPL
    Gameweek:12 BPL
    Gameweek:13 BPL+ Christmas Cup
    Gameweek:14 BPL+ Christmas Cup
    Gameweek:15 BPL+ Christmas Cup
    Gameweek:16 BPL+ Christmas Cup
    Gameweek:17 BPL
    Gameweek:18 BPL
    Gameweek:19 BPL
    Gameweek:20 BPL
    Gameweek:21 BPL+ Champions Lge Group Stage
    Gameweek:22 BPL+ Champions Lge Group Stage
    Gameweek:23 BPL+ Champions Lge Group Stage
    Gameweek:24 BPL+ Champions Lge Group Stage
    Gameweek:25 BPL+ Champions Lge Group Stage
    Gameweek:26 BPL+ Champions Lge Group Stage
    Gameweek:27 BPL
    Gameweek:28 BPL
    Gameweek:29 BPL+ CL Semi Final 1st Legs
    Gameweek:30 BPL
    Gameweek:31 BPL+ CL Semi Final 2nd Legs
    Gameweek:32 BPL
    Gameweek:33 BPL
    Gameweek:34 BPL
    Gameweek:35 BPL + CL Final

Betnod Premier League (BPL)

Runs from Gameweek 1 to Gameweek 35

Betnod Champions League

The CL group stage will run for 6 weeks from Gameweeks 21-26. The top 4 from the group then qualify for the two legged semi finals, being played in Gameweeks 29 and 31.

1st would play 4th and 2nd would play 3rd in head to head games to win a place in the Final.

The CL final will be played as a head to head game in Gameweek 35

(In the event of a tie in the league or in the semi finals a head to head in the following gameweek, will decide who goes through. In the rare event of a further tie here, it would be decided by who sits highest in the BPL league at present time, as it would should the final be a tie).

Betnod FA Christmas Cup

This competition will be started and run as a 4 week league (no knockout stage, who ever finishes top of the league wins the prize money), in the run up to Christmas, Gameweeks 13 - 16, with our points all starting at 0. It is a winner takes all competition that enables even the player at the bottom of the BPL League the chance to find a bit of form and bag some prize money, being paid out just in time for Christmas.

In the event of a tie prize money will be shared.

Betnod League Cup

The league cup will run for 5 weeks, from Gameweeks 3 - 7, with us all starting with 0pts. The top two finishing the group will play head to head against each other in the final, in Gameweek 10

(In the event of a tie in the league or in the final, a head to head in the following Gameweek will decide who goes through or who wins. In the rare event of a further tie here, it would be decided by who sits highest in the BPL league at present time).

Highest Score In Any One Gameweek = £25

Over the season from Gameweek 1 to 35
    Settled on the Highest Score, not the best average.
    Only in the event of a tie will average come in to it, if still level after this then prize money will be shared.
    Punter likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

I think we should make the highest score in any gameweek £50, that would leave us £110 over without the super Saturdays
    Punter likes this.
  3. Howson

Howson Well-Known Member

The league winner deserves a bigger prize in my opinion mate - what about £150?

If you want to keep everyone interested, a monthly prize for April sounds good.
  4. newman200

newman200 OTC

Gameweek 3
    Betnod Premier League

upload_2017-8-28_9-59-15.png

upload_2017-8-28_10-0-53.png
    Early days yet Mick S, early day and plenty of time for you to make a stunning comeback.
  5. newman200

newman200 OTC

Betnod League Cup

upload_2017-8-28_10-5-3.png

And that be all that have so far entered this competition.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

I was late paying and only had the code for the betnod league , is it possible to get the code for the other comps please
  7. slick

slick Administrator

I'll PM them to you now m8.
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Seems the League cup has started from Week 2, although In the league admin I have it down as starting from week 3 (Howson will be my witness to that, I logged-in in front of him today to show him), I changed it to start from week 4 just in case it's another screw up on their part but it still took the first scores from week 2.

What are we gonna do? start from week 2 or handball the fixtures from week 3?
  9. newman200

newman200 OTC

Unfortunately I think best stick with it from 2.
    You go altering anything and Predictor's mind goes haywire.
    And to personally deduct 2's scores will be problematic with regards Bonus chips.
  10. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Don't think the bonus chips are particularly relevant though, are they? Your scores in the league cup are your overall scores for each week of the competition, including the bonus points. The league cup competition doesn't have its own separate bonus chip scoring if you see what I mean (i.e. if the league cup starts in week 3, and you used your bonus chip successfully in each of the first 3 weeks, then your score in the first round of predictions for the league cup is going to include 10 bonus points, it wouldn't be reset to 0). As such, I don't think the bonus chips create any further problems beyond the main issue of having to remove the week 2 scores.

That said, I'm not all that fussed either way whether we start from week 2 or 3, at a push I'd maybe have a slight preference for starting from week 3 on the basis that that's the week that was announced from the beginning, and therefore you avoid the possibility of any arguments. Although it also depends how easily you can get in touch with all the players - for those of us on here it's easy, but for the others, if they log in on the Talksport site and see the league cup table (including the week 2 results), they've no way of knowing that the table is actually incorrect
    newman200 likes this.
  11. slick

slick Administrator

Aye it's a tricky one.
    I think it's best just to roll with and see the outcome after the final week because most apart from those on here won't be any the wiser, adjusting and trying to explain who and who isn't in the semis and why could be more trouble than it's worth.
  12. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

It's strange, because it does say at the top of the League Cup page "Period GW03-07".

So if it's started a week early, is it also going to finish a week early? Or is it going to run to week 7 anyway, making it a 6-week competition instead of a 5-week one?
  13. newman200

newman200 OTC

I have contacted Predictor and suggested they contact you to discuss problem.
    I don't know answer but it might well be that they cancel Gameweek 2 and start afresh at Gameweek 3.
    Let us know what they say.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Tom, I'll go and have a butchers:leaving
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Nah, no news yet.
  16. newman200

newman200 OTC

Well they got a week to sort it out - hopefully.
  17. newman200

newman200 OTC

Good news, Betnod League Cup has now been corrected with 2nd week's scores removed from total.
    Good luck all.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

Cheers Tom, i best go fill my scores in! :leaving
  19. slick

slick Administrator

Two missing from the League cup, they are...
    Snolan38 and Rob M.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've messaged them again :thumb
    slick likes this.