1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

In-Running Chat and Betting

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by MickeyPaul, Sep 17, 2011.

1. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

2-0 Villa - very easy goal. Break down the left, cross into box, tap in. I was literally just about to say how poor both sides look too.
  2. MickeyPaul

Needless to say I'm on Southampton again. Just noticed they're 2-0 up also. If they fuck that up I'm done with them for...ev....a week or so.
  3. MickeyPaul

Suppose I should switch back to see Man Utd continue their struggle against the rather good Norwich City.. Man Utd will be worth backing soon I imagine.
  4. MickeyPaul

IUHUIEHGUIEGHEuigheughuig Literally as I replied they fucking scored - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  5. MickeyPaul

Another great save from the Wigan keeper - Petrov smacks it from 30 yards... heading for top corner....
  6. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Gills back to 3-1, 23 mins to go. Don't give up on that call from Big Eck just yet Swoop.
  7. MickeyPaul

Switched back and Norwich looking on top - another decent half-chance.
  8. Punter

Punter Moderator

I neeeeed another goal at OT, any end, i dont care
  9. Punter

Punter Moderator

10. MickeyPaul

All over now though - easy pass and move, Wellbeck in to finish.
  11. MickeyPaul

Another clean sheet for Middlesbrough too - is that 5 in a row? Mental.
  12. MickeyPaul

Ooooh, someone is a bit defensive again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15138467.stm

I honestly thought, when he was asked if a derby win was as sweet as ever, that he was about to flip. "WTF DO YOU MEAN BY THAT EH???!!! EH???!!! FUCKING QUESTION IS THAT???!!"
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

He is a grumpy fcuker these days & no mistake, he so obviously hates the media....cant blame him for that tbf

C'mon Bolton !! Be fucking interesting if they score the next & make it 4-2, Chelsea seem a little uneasy, if not exactly rocking :lol
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

That was in wasnt it ? :unsure Got it on mute. certainly looked in
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Plenty of goals flying around. swansea & fulham both 1 up
  16. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yeah it's fair to say he's not keen on talking to the media, he's like Bob Paisley in that respect, it's just not the strongest part of his management. It's good to see him celebrate when we score mind, for as much as i loved Rafa (pre Hicks and Gillette era) it always annoyed me that he showed no emotion when we scored.
  17. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Media in Bob Paisley's day wasnt anything like it is now, Punt, now its enormous. I hate the media tbh, havent bought a daily paper in years, non betting anyway. Think theyre probably the worst part of our society, as all that NOTW bollocks proved, & therefore his response is okay with me, but some would say its biting the hand that feeds you
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

I agree Swoop about the media back then, but for a manager that won so much, Paisley barely said a word, to the media and even to his players!
  19. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

True, but most of the players were Scottish werent they, & paisley wasnt? they couldnt understand the fucker, could be the secret of your success :lol
  20. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

The other thing about dalglish regarding the media, & this is why the club & it's fans has the soul that it has, is that he's had to deal with about the worst case scenarios that its possible to have had thrown at him as a football manager.
    He's took over as player manager before its become fashionable to do so, & done it whilst having to deal with the aftermath of Heysel, although if you wanted to be really devious you could suggest the lack of European football helped him settle in more quickly as a manager? Not sure myself but it could be argued. He's then had to deal with hillsborough & the subsequent fall out with sections of the press in its aftermath, also the funerals he attended etc etc.
    only someone with dalglish's record/love affair with Liverpool could probably survive resigning in feb 91 saying he's retired & then turning up at Blackburn only 7 months later. I mean, 7 months is 7 months, but he'd said he'd retired.
    I think the press & dalglish go back further than most managers, & those that think that the footie press is different have somwhat of a point but Fergie broke off with BBC & Alan Green's ego presumed that it was his fault for years. The press think they're gods gift IMO