1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

It's Coming Home It's Coming Home....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Punter, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Atmosphere building now as a country riddled with cocaine and gun crime prepares to take on Columbia.

Where you watching it?
    SAMOAN and slick like this.
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

Just read this on another forum

In the last 20 years, England have apparently only won once at the WC when shown live on ITV
    and that was againstTrinidad & Tobago, 2-0 in 2006

ITV's record is W1 D5 L5 compared to BBC's W9 D1 L3
    Punter likes this.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Fuck me, that really does take the pointlessness of stats to a whole new level ( I should probably say depth"
    :lol
  4. slick

slick Administrator

At least we now have Saturday to look forward to, one game at a time:thumb
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Punter likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Probably watch the semi at home because I'm working the next day, plus there seems to be a lot of cocks following England at the moment if those online vids are anything to go by lol.
    Plus I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to start climbing onto double decker buses or throwing myself in the road stopping cars.

I have noticed a distinct lack of those little England flags flying from cars this time around though for some reason.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Howson

Howson Active Member

Imagine if we lose on Wednesday or Sunday - all this mayhem has been after an England win - complete tools
    Punter likes this.
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Exactly, fucking arseholes don't deserve to win it.
    Punter likes this.
  8. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Years ago I hated the England football team with a passion. I was at Wembley in 1996 to see Gazza get the dentists chair and it fucking sickened me the abuse we got walking back to our car as I stupidly parked in the England end.

It might be cause I'm getting older and not a lot really bothers me anymore but I'm actually growing to this England team and Southgate. If England play like they did v Sweden then i think you will beat Croatia comfortably however if you let their midfield dictate then it could be close.

As I type this France and Belgium are cancelling each other out and France are frightened to commit going forward. I still think the winner of this game will beat Croatia if they get through but England have a great chance.

I'm loving all the video clips with it's coming home on them. The del boy is brilliant.
    slick, Seen and Punter like this.
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Weird that Keggers cos the older I get, the more angry I get about absolutely everything:lol

Yeah, France look the likely winners but if England don't get through tomorrow, I'd love Croatia t win it (having backed Belgium from the start:frown)
  10. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Lack of a plan B and inability to make a positive substitution at 1-0 up were issues for me. May be waiting a long time for the draw to open up like that again.
    Kegman and Punter like this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

France would of mullered us anyway :(
  12. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Think you might be right Punt. If the French score as early as we did today, not sure they will let it slip.
    Punter likes this.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

and will hammer Croatia
    Punter likes this.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Russia done a cracking job with the World Cup 2018. Two more games left and i'm going to miss it.

The best two posts i've seen about today....

cap1.PNG

:lol:lol Brilliant.

This is spot on too..

Capture.PNG
  15. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

As samoan has already said Southgates inexperience showed. Should have changed it at 1-0. 5 mins into 2nd half you could see Croatia were beginning to dominate.

Kane was poor v Colombia, Sweden and Croatia. Even his hold up play was poor. Usually the ball sticks to him and he they can distribute but last night it just didn't happen again. Alright slating him but barring a disaster he's walking away with the golden boot.
  16. Seen

Seen Moderator

Too much sideways and backwards passing for my liking, I know the modern game is more about keeping possession, but we were too defensive when going 1-0 up instead of going for the all-important 2nd goal. We did the same against Colombia (who were poor) and got away with it scraping through on penalties, but against Sweden we went looking for the 2nd goal and got it and looked so much a better team for it.

Scored too early yesterday and in the 2nd half especially we looked terrified to commit players forward in case we got caught on the break. That time Kane hit the side netting there wasn't a single player anywhere near in support. We looked shattered towards the end of the game and it was only a matter of time really that Croatia were going to score. Every time Croatia got the ball they looked to get forward, we were still passing back to our keeper in added time.

We did really well to get where we did - people saying we had an easy run need to remember how many of the fancied sides failed against so called poor teams - but we're desperate for a Modric-like playmaker to open teams up, we're far too reliant on set pieces for goals.

Pickford was superb. Dele Ali the biggest disappointment.
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Not sure about that. In the 2nd half you might be right, but in the 1st half I certainly thought we did look for the 2nd goal. We had Kane's effort that was saved by the keeper and the rebound kept out by a combination of post and keeper, and Lingaard had a great chance when he had time and space on the edge of the box but hit a tame effort wide.
  18. Seen

Seen Moderator

yeah, it wasn't too negative in the first half (although creating just 2 chances in 40+ mins after our goal isn't great) but when we failed to get the 2nd goal by half time we seemed to drop deeper and deeper inviting pressure.

The stats say we had just 2 shots on target all game (presumably that includes our goal) compared to Croatia's 8. Croatia are a good team and I do think they'll give France a very hard game in the final.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

All I was hearing around me last night was how we should have capitalised on our chances in the first half and killed the game off. I thought I may have missed some at the bar or the toilet but I've watched it again tonight and the ones you highlight RC are it! The sum total of our first half "domination" was one fucking shot on target. I said at half time that Croatia couldn't possibly as bad in the second half and all it needed was Modric to find just one or two players in his team to step up to just half the level he was playing at and we could be in trouble.

That said, deep down I really thought we would go through after we scored early but they've done well to do what they did. What worries me is that the fans are behind them because they exceeded expectation. Next time the expectation IS the semi final and anything less than that will result in the same old negative moaning and pressure that we think we've just got rid of.
  20. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Sterling made too many wrong choices. Shot when he should have passed an vice versa but he did get himself into some great situations. He also read a couple of there defensive passes and created chances from fuck all.

I do like Rashford as a player and has a lot of potential but when he replaced Sterling I don't think England got into many dangerous situations like they did when Sterling was on. It would have been a big shout but imo he should have hooked Kane for Rashford.

Kane didn't play v Belgium U21s and rumour was he was injured. He didn't turn up in any of the other 3 games he played.

Do you think Southgate will start the players that haven't started yet v Belgium on Sat?