1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ANTE-POST King George VI - Boxing Day 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by Punter, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've been chucking bits and pieces at this since the beginning of November.
    A daft thing to do i know, without it being stakes returned but my reasoning being is Boxing Day is my favourite day of the year. I'm out for Horse racing, football, drinking and gambling.
    It can be an expensive day and i just wanted this race covered without having to pay for it on the day.

Anyway my bets include

WAITING PATIENTLY at prices from 7.4 to 8.00
    POLITOLOGUE at prices from 7.8 to 11.00
    ALTIOR at prices from 30.00 -50.00

I knew taking ALTIOR that there was every chance i was throwing my money away and that looks very much the case now, but i also knew that the owner was keen. I didn't have to put much on at those odds.
    ALTIOR has run at the Kempton meeting on Boxing Day for the last 3 yrs running and winning by a wide margin on all 3 occasions.
    He's not been beyond 2M2F before but they wouldn't even be considering it if they thought 3M was too far.
    I hope the owner can change Hendersons mind but it's looking very unlikely....

https://www.racingpost.com/news/hen...likely-to-contest-tempting-king-george/356977

Who are you backing?
    slick likes this.
  2. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck Punt.
    Don't think I've ever had a bet on this race in my life.
    Punter likes this.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I bet on the horses every day but my eyes glaze over when people start talking about races by name as I haven't got a clue what they're on about. That is, with the exception of some of the Cheltenham festival races and this one. Used to be the focal point of Boxing Day every year in the pub that I used to spend most of the day in on Boxing day. There would be an extra scoop 6 that day even if it wasn't a Saturday and we would spend the afternoon watching the racing on TV .

It's bugging me now that I can't remember the name of the horse that usually either fell or won that day. Classy horse but was prone to made the one blunder that cost him every now and again. Black colours. Would have been in the noughties.

It'll come to me
    Punter and slick like this.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

My memory playing its usual tricks on me. The horse I was thinking of was Moscow Flyer and I was pretty right about it either winning or falling but not on boxing day. It looks like it ran at the big festival meeting at Leopardstown which is why it would have been on the telly (which, as an aside, is a good place to start looking for decent Cheltenham bets at the festival providing the ground is not extreme (good to soft/soft ideally).

Before its final three races of the season of 2005 before it was retired on 27th December (which, being a Tuesday, would have been our official Boxing Day holiday in fairness to my good self, as Xmas day would have fallen on a Sunday) its record over hurdles and fences was, reading backwards in time

Second, won, won , won ,won,won,won,won, unseated rider, won, won won, unseated rider, won, won, won, unseated rider . won, won, won, fell. won, second, fell, won, second, won, third, won, 8th (don't know what happened there), won, won, won.

I'd suggest it was not a horse to back each way:lol even if you could get a decent price although, as you can imagine, most of its wins were at odds on.

What a horse to own eh?
    Punter likes this.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've thrown a couple of quid on Waiting Patiently for King George. Here are the others I've backed so far.

Screenshot_20181224-155552_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Punter likes this.