1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest Movies and TV

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slick, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Seen

Seen Moderator

It was the original French one (dubbed English rather than subtitles).
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

The American remake is supposed to be awful.
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I believe so, surprised she never liked it because Moans is the most fussiest fcuker in the world and was touched by it just as much as I was.

At what point in the film did she start switching off because I don't recall a rest point, it just keeps dragging you in.
  4. Seen

Seen Moderator

Aye she's a fussy fucker too, I thought she'd like it though as she doesn't like films that are slow to get going, but this was pretty much action from the off.

Women. Odd fuckers.
    slick likes this.
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Watched a couple of episodes last year sometime but just couldn't get into it, is it worth persevering?
  6. Seen

Seen Moderator

I've watched the first 6 episodes and am really enjoying it, quite a slow burn (a bit like The Americans) but I would say definitely worth having another go, mate. Apparently the show gets better as it progresses, the review scores from Metacritic are...

65 - season 1
    80 - season 2
    98 - season 3

...it was the glowing reviews for season 3 that got me interested in the first place.
  7. Seen

Seen Moderator

Best show of 2017 on Metacritic

upload_2017-12-5_0-1-15.png
  8. slick

slick Administrator

Cheers Seen, will do.
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

The new series of Black Mirror is now available to watch/download. Only watched the first one so far (USS CALLISTER) and it was predictably great.

The 3 new episodes of The League of Gentlemen were excellent too.
  10. slick

slick Administrator

Tucker And Dale vs Evil

I thought the same too when an old friend of mine recommended it to me over Christmas, It turned out to be the best laugh I've had watching a film for a long while.
  11. Seen

Seen Moderator

Just finished the 3rd and final season of The Leftovers. It was some ride.

Admittedly there were times when I didn't have a clue what the fuck was going on, although I guess that's no surprise for a show from the same guy who created Lost. I'm not usually keen on shows with supernatural / mystical themes but this was very different as much of it is left ambiguous and for the viewer to decide upon. Fantastic acting throughout, especially from the impressive Carrie Coon.
  12. slick

slick Administrator

If you haven't a clue what's going on then I've got no chance of the misses watching and getting into it.

Seen, have a bash at Tucker and Dale, Mrs Seen will love it.
  13. winrew

winrew GILF

Three Billboard outside Ebbing.
    One of the best films i have seen for a long time.
    In a nutshell , middle aged divorcee Francis Mcdormand hires three billboards outside her home town complaining about the local sheriff and his investigation into the death of her daughter , really dark comedy with some great acting , few twists and turns along the way , Woody Harrleson and Sam Rockwell deserve a special mention.
    Actually all three main actors are fantastic.
  14. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Saw it last night, good film and agree about the acting especially Woody.

Ending was a bit strange though
  15. slick

slick Administrator

Might have a dabble at that.

If anybody's thinking of watching Dunkirk, don't it's shite.
  16. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Agree was disappointed with Dunkirk
  17. Seen

Seen Moderator

Watched this tonight and really enjoyed it, agree about the acting.

Here's a review from The Independent which is possibly the worst review I've ever read of anything. The author clearly has a massive 'anti-white man' chip on his shoulder, thankfully he rightly gets slated by every single person in the comments below it. (Don't read it if you intend to see the film as it reveals what happens).

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...ations-racism-frances-mcdormand-a8174431.html
  18. slick

slick Administrator

19. Seen

Seen Moderator

lol, I did exactly the same as you, searched his other articles to try and find what his fucking problem was :p

He sounds like a right prick, not because he's queer and not because he's a muslim, but because he's a prick.

"As a queer Muslim living in an increasingly xenophobic Britain" - fucking hell, he's lucky he's not living in the 80's :eek:
    slick likes this.
  20. slick

slick Administrator

I watched Three Billboards outside Ebbing last night and it was pretty good, bit of a slow burner but the black comedy aspect of it keeps it interesting.

Afterwards I watched 'The Killing of a sacred deer' with Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrel, I thought with a couple of famous actors featuring it'll be a good flick, how wrong I was, It's the biggest load of fcuking garbage I've ever seen, no doubt the Muslim queer will think it's a belter.