1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Latest scores

Discussion in 'EURO 2016 PREDICTOR COMPETITION' started by ONEDUNME, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

RCgills doesn't appear to have made any selections, so he is out of the running, along with SteveUK and Howson.

I'll update this at half time and as the situation changes if I get the chance but just to say that Keggers will be the unluckiest man in the competition if he doesn't got through to the next round as the late, late winner for Iceland cost him an almost certain passage through.

That dickhead De Bruyne has just missed to actually cost me money as well as a chance of progressing.

Colbro 38.65
    Seen 30.66
    Punter 28.27
    Traeth 26.75

Keggers 24.19
    ODM 23.58
    Slick 23.03
    Swoops 22.5
    Winrew 19.37
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Congratulations to Seen and Keggers who are already through to the next round.

Keggers is out as his HT/FT bet is down and an Italy win would not be enough to get him into the top four. Very very unlucky mate.

ODM is out as Draw Belgium would give a total of 27.08 but would also take Traeth out of his reach

Winrew's selections are still going but Italy and Belgium wins would only take him to 26.37 points which wouldn't be enough to catch the top four

Colbro 38.65
    Seen 30.66
    Punter 28.27
    Traeth 26.75

Slick 23.03 and a Sweden win would take him to 26.78 which would only be any good if Italy don't draw

Swoops 22.5 and a Belgium win would take him to 26 but with the same problem as Slick BUT, a draw in the Italy game would give him 4.5 points (but would also give Traeth 2.4 to take him clear of him). The only way Swoops can go through is if both bets come up moving him to 30.5 points and taking him above Punter (who would automatically be overtaken by Traeth as well)

If I were you I'd check your scores and you have until Midday Friday to submit any challenges to the final placings. First place with play fourth and second will play third in a head to head based on the 8 games starting on Saturday at 2pm.

Same rules apply, I'll bang up the fixtures as soon as they're known and you can start making your selections regardless of whether there is any dispute over the placings or not
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

So the fab four stay at the top and Seen gets a draw/Belgium and the same result sees Traeth leapfrog Punter to ensure that he won't have to face the might of Colbro in the next round (maybe).

Colbro 38.65
    Seen 34.16
    Traeth 30.25
    Punter 28.27

Well played all. On a personal note I'm more than a little pissed off that I missed out on progression by a fucking point and that was missing FIVE games. I know I wasn't alone and that Winrew and RC missed at least two and Slick missed one but FFS :banghead
  4. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

FFS, decided to try and be clever and post picks for the early kickoffs and then see where I stood after they finished before deciding what to go for in the later kickoffs. And then I completely forgot to come back and post any picks :duh

Well done and good luck to the top 4.
  5. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

:thinking
  6. Steve_uk

Steve_uk Well-Known Member BANNED

Well played top 4. What is the format now-do they carry the points forward and does the scoring stay the same?
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Everyone goes back to zero points and they go head to head in a semi-final for the next 8 knock out games. Top plays fourth and second plays third using the same scoring system that we have been using. Then the two winners of each semi play in the final which will be the quarter finals games, semis and the final.

When I ran something similar last time, I think the person with the highest finishing position got a 3 pts start (and second place 2pts and third 1pt) but in this case everyone starts level again.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Can I disappear for a couple of years again or is there more to do?
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

:lol I meant Colbro. I had Keggers on my brain cos I was gutted for the poor bloke having seen his maximum six points wiped out with a 93rd minute goal or whatever it was in the earlier game.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Please don't go.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

12. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Bugger - that was close.

Well done to the final four :beer
    Punter likes this.
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Yip well done to the top 4, could Seen prove to be that he really is the 'Master of all Knowledge'?
    Punter likes this.
  14. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nah - Not a chance :punch
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

So that's a no then........
    Punter likes this.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

No. Stick around and chat shit
  17. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Swoop, we love you so...

18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Right, lets' get some updates from yesterday

Seen v Traeth
    Good start by Seen scoring 2pts for the draw in the first game of 8, whereas Traeth scored zero with his Poland selection
    Game 1. Seen 2 Traeth 0

Game 2 and Seen strikes again with 3.5 points for a half time draw, full time Wales Prediction. Traeth gains 1.05 for the Wales Win.
    Totals after game 2, Seen 5.5 v Traeth 1.05.

Game 3, both go for the Croatia win and the scores stay the same at Seen 5.5 v Traeth 1.05

Game 4 and with 24 minutes gone, Traeth's France/France prediction is looking unlikely. Slightly less likely than Seen's HT draw, FT France so if the score remains the same at half time, neither will pick up any points which will suit Seen as it leaves Traeth playing catchup
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Colbro v Punter

No joy with either's HT/FT predictions for game one and Punter sneaks ahead with his 1.05 for his selection of Wales to win. No scores for either from game 3.

Scores after game 3, Punter 1.05 pts v Colbro 0 pts

Both have gone for the draw in the France and Ireland game which means that Punter will go into game 5 1.05 pts ahead whatever happens. Colbro has the chance to take the lead if the Germany Slovakia game ends in a draw(3.33 pts) but Punter would extend his lead by 0.4pts if Germany ran out the winners.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Germany Slovakia
    Traeth Germany/Germany 2.2
    Seen Draw/Germany 3.6

Colbro Draw 4.33
    Punter Germany 1.4

Hungary Belgium
    Traeth Hungary 6.5
    Seen Draw 3.5

Colbro Hungary 6.5