1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Melodifestivalen 2012

Discussion in 'Eurovision 2012 Betting' started by Gavster, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

who's SvS squall? I was impressed with some of Abalone's music, but their song snippet sent me to sleep!

The analytics data at escbet had Dead by April in front with double the google searches of the nearest competitor, Loreen. Obviously, some of that will be 'who the fuck are dead by april' searches and yes, all of it prior was to song release.

I'll give Abalone another listen tomorrow and might have a small play. I'm still happy with Sean Banan at 6.0. He's ace! Skanka Rumpa!!!
  2. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

SvS is Svenska Spel, our governement bookie. Not sure non-Swedes can play there though... regarding Alabone Dots, it's a very high risk play. If the rest of the song doesn't contain any memorable climax, they're pretty toast.

Wouldn't put too much faith in those search stats if I were you, remember that both Dead by April and Loreen are artists "IRL" as well, not just MF phenomena. That means that the majority of those searches probably aren't MF-related.

While I'm still a bit sceptical to Mr Banan, I'm getting more positive by the minute, and a SC wouldn't surprise me at all now. And who knows, with the heat's low quality, maybe a novelty act to fillthe void is just the recipe to sweep the whole thing!
  3. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Btw, I have a feeling The Moniker will bomb... just hard to make any money of negative predictions like this.
  4. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I should think not. Can't make sense of all those extra dots and dashes above the words :eek:

And as for the Moniker - I saw that coming. He was one of the favorite for some time - below evens! The song is dreadful!
  5. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I've just looked at the Melodifestivalen site and checked the number of facebook recommendations for each act.

Current state of play:

Sean Banan - 125
    Loreen - 75
    Dead by April - 62
    Abalone Dots - 34
    Afro-Dite - 27
    Marie Serneholt - 16
    Thorsten Flinck - 12

Couldn't find The Moniker's rehearsal performance.
  6. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

The Moniker is right down there with 12 rcommendations. Considering his MF-fame, that bodes ill imo.

Just about all the odds on my plays are lenghtening :) the exception is Afro-Dite H2H Marie Serneholt, where I upped my bet to 2pts. I also upped Afro-Dite SC to 1.5pts. Feeling a bit pessimistic about Abalone Dots, though... they might very well be too forgettable.
  7. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I wish all the other bookies would jump on the head-to-heads. There's some money to be made there!
  8. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Abalone now over 4.00 to beat Torsten Flinck at SvS. apparently he's getting a lot of love at the rehearsals. I dunno...
  9. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Sean Banan now under evens! If this one comes in, it's a mega prediction for both here and at escbet!
  10. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Under 1.50 with most bookies, even. Good move, Gav, ahead of the market (regardless of whether it actually turns out to be a winner)!
  11. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

You found anymore interesting bets? Oh yeah... you don't fancy doing some stuff on escbet do you? Easy enough to set you up an account.
  12. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

Well Sean didn't get in the end! I really didn't expect Dead by April with all that roaring. Oh well, on to next week :embarassed
  13. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Good bet anyway imo, Gav!

As for my Abalone Dots play - not so much. That was a mistake, the song was simply too forgettable, second performance pos nonwithstanding.

But I really was optimistic of a good evening anyway, as Afro-Dite was anounced to be in the top 5 and proceeded to the second round of voting. That meant my H2H vs Marie Sernehold was in, and there was en excellent chance for a SC finish (avg odds around 4.3 for that bet). Alas, they finished fifth, handing me a 2 pt loss instead of the 4 pt win I was hoping for.

Anyways, on to next week! They bookies like Loreen as winner of the whole shebang now, personally I'm not so sure. Lone female and dance genre isn't really the usual recipe for success.
  14. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

I agree. People are euphoric for Euphoria. I hope she does go! It'll be sooooo easy to lay, as Melodifestivalen uses so much playback assistance.

Everything is crossed for Ulrick!
  15. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Is it playback in MF also, not just backing singers? Also, do you have any specific indication that Loreen wouldn't be able to handle the vocals without backing?

Pretty funny, Sweden's odds on ESC with Betfair have plummeted. What a hype. She's also shortened to about 3.00 to win MF - without other popular name Danny Saucedo having lenghtened! That's bookies for ya...
  16. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

There's some preview stuff appearing on twitter. Looks like Ulrick is being tipped
  17. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Go a link? Old-timer like me don't have twitter ;)
  18. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

ESCDaily @escdaily
    8. Ge aldrig upp - T. Di Leva. One of the biggest names taking part. The entry isn't amazing - might go through with the right performance.

Song 7. Det går för långsamt - Mimi Oh. 80's meeting modern sounds. Retro lyrics as well. Pleasant to listen to - might surprise?

Song 6. Shout it Out - David Lindgren. Radio pop with electro influences.

Song 5. Stormande hav - Timoteij. Obviously trying to repeat their success from 2010. Very swedish, catchy. It might work again.

Song 4. Aldrig aldrig - Andreas Lundstedt. Up-tempo song reminiscent of Agnes. Lacking catchiness.

Song 3. I din himmel - Sonja Aldén. Typical Sonja Aldén-sound, more emotional than her last entry at MF. Popular artist in Sweden.

Song 2. Baby Doll - Top Cats. Retro rock/rockabilly song. Quite reminiscent of "The King" from last year's final.

Song 1. Soldiers - Ulrik Munther. Catchy poprock song with a strong unexpected beat during refrains. Potential favourite this week.
  19. squallsquall

squallsquall Member

Cheers Gav, much apprerciated. Do you know who the author is? Must be some insider, to have heard the songs already?
  20. Gavster

Gavster Novelty & Proud

They've just had a media preview, so all the gay esc sites get to jizz over everything before the real punters. the posts are from EscDaily shhhhh!

recent tweet: