1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Michael Owens Next Club betting

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, May 18, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

2. slick

slick Administrator

Sort of player Villa usually go for but if I were Dave Whelan I'd snaffle him up as Wigan have been crying out for a decent striker all season but I doubt very much Whelan would pay the wages or take the risk on an Injury prone player.
  3. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on how many shirts he will sell, although with a name like Owen it will not raise much extra in lettering bonus. I guess that most people who want a players name on their shirt are about 10 or under and most of these probably won't know who he is.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good point Colbro. If ever a player was getting paid on reputation alone it's this crock. I wouldn't spend a penny on him if I were a Chairman. I said a couple of years ago, he's more interested in his horses than his football and I'm surprised he's still hanging around to be honest. Michael! either play or fucking retire!

Newcastle should be 150/1 not 20/1. He's done that daily helicopter to training and back every day shit before and he won't be considering it again. Stoke are a good shout as it's only down the road. I could see how Villa's leadership could need the morale boost (would it be one?) of making it look like they are signing a big name but I'd be signing the underachieving little shit on a pay as you play contract if I were them.
  5. Seen

Seen Moderator

Newcastle 20/1 :lol

Those have got to be the worst odds I've ever seen in my life - he is one of the most hated players in Newcastle's history!

Owen hits out at Toon fans over 'greedy' chants

Published 09:30 20/04/11 By MirrorFootball
    [​IMG]
    Michael Owen has hit back at Newcastle fans after they chanted "there's only one greedy bastard" at the Manchester United striker last night.
    Owen left St James' for Old Trafford as a free agent in 2009, following a largely unhappy and injury-hit four-year spell on Tyneside during which he scored only 26 goals and reportedly earned £110,000-a-week.
    After his every touch was greeted by chants and catcalls last night, Owen posted on Twitter: "From what most of you Newcastle fans are saying you should be pleased I left the club! If i had known that earlier I could have left sooner!
  6. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

If Solskjaer takes the Villa job then owen has to be a decent shout at those odds
  7. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Owen takes a lot of unfair grief for me. I remember when he scored against Argentina @ 18 i said he'll be retired @ 28, & the fact he isnt is cos he wants to play.....that & the money obviously :lol He's had the shit kicked out of him for years
  8. keemanan

keemanan Manchester City Premier League Winners 2011/12

I am torn here, I would say that WHU should be one of the faves to sign him, he ticks all Big Fat Sams boxes, old, used to be good, he's heard of him BUT the mard arse wont move from Chester unless he really has to , ie Madrid.
    He's pretty much the dullest person in the world, if his much mocked twitter feed is anything to go by, he has little imagination and has more interest in Horses than football. Norwich maybe? it's near Newmarket etc
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

He definitely has more interest in the horses. Not sure which club will be willing to pay his wages.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Newmarket is no good to him. He needs to be near the stables, not a racetrack with a dozen meetings a year,
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

I'm not betting but my guess would be Everton. His old fella used to play for them (most of Owens family support them). They're the sort of club that would strike a deal up with both his and their needs and he wouldn't have to move home.
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

13. Punter

Punter Moderator

Set for a medical at Everton according to the Liverpool Echo.
  14. slick

slick Administrator

Suppose under current circumstances Owen and Everton are made for each other, It would have to be on a pay per play basis though surely.
  15. Punter

Punter Moderator

FFS, i see the talk of him joining Liverpool is getting stronger by the day, he's been cut from 16/1 to 5/1 and now 2/1 to join us. I wouldn't want to see it happen, i'd rather use one of our youngsters than him. We'd be paying way over the odds getting him on a free.
  16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Having quite a good week with my predictions

Former Manchester United and England striker Michael Owen has signed for Stoke City.
    The 32-year-old left Old Trafford in May and is a free agent.
    The former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle striker has 89 caps and 40 goals for his country, though he has not played internationally since 2008.
    He spent three seasons at Manchester United but played in only 52 games, netting 17 times. He made just four appearances for the club last season.
    Owen said that he was "delighted" to have signed for Stoke, subject to Premier League approval.
    "We have been in talks for a while and it was a club I was always keen to join," he added. "I'm particularly excited at the prospect of working under [Stoke manager] Tony Pulis. He has assembled a great squad that I look forward to joining.

BBC.CO.UK
  17. Punter

Punter Moderator

He'll be perfect for Stoke, neither have played football for years
  18. slick

slick Administrator

Good shout ODM, looks like you are fast becoming the new oracle of Betnod.

Owen will probably do ok at Stoke but he'll have to work hard for any goals he may get as the ball won't be in plentifull supply like he is used to and if Stoke get more than 20 games out of him they'll be doing well.