1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

NFL Super Bowl LI

Discussion in 'Other Sports Betting' started by SAMOAN, Feb 5, 2017.

1. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Atlanta Falcons take on the New England Patriots in the 51st annual Super Bowl, with terrestrial coverage on BBC One from 11.20pm. Too close to call for me, but there should be plenty of points and it could come down to a defensive goaline stand / turnover or even a trick play in the Punting or Kicking game.

The experience lies with the team from Boston, whilst the Falcons have a couple more game breakers ( New England Star Tight End Rob Gronkowski been out since mid season ) The Patriots offence seems to roll on regardless, but not quite sure about thier defence. The stats look good but they played the hapless Jets twice, the hapless Rams once and the plain hopeless Browns and 49'ers. Atlanta look to have improved on that side of the ball, but they are going to have to play their best game of the season tonight.

No serious bets for me, but the usual fun offerings for first TD scorer and the Most Valuable Player award -

FIRST TD SCORER

Taylor Gabriel ( ATL ) at 16's - Speediest receiver on the field and a threat at any time
    James White ( NE ) at 20's - Arguably the 3rd running back on the team, but NE are not afraid to get him involved
    Austin Hooper ( ATL ) at 25's - Bit of a no name Tight End, but does get open and does catch well
    Tom Brady ( NE) at 40's - If the ball is on the 1 yard line, this is a QB who can " sneak " it in

MVP AWARD

Devonte Freeman ( ATL ) at 22's - Starting running back for Atlanta and has had a stellar year
    Tevin Coleman ( ATL ) at 50's - 2nd string running back, but would start for a lot of teams and very shifty.
    James White ( NE ) at 150's - See Above
    Dwight Freeney ( ATL ) at 200's - One of the more experienced Falcons and did taste success when with Indianapolis. This will be his 231st NFL game and can still get to the Quarterback.
  2. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

For the first time ever the Super Bowl goes into overtime
  3. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

New England had first possession in overtime took the ball on the field and scored a touchdown to win the game. I have commented on plenty of Raider games this year, but this one was plain nuts.
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I'm not into NFL but watched the highlights today after hearing about the incredible comeback.
    Patriot fans must be on a huge high this morning after that.
  5. SAMOAN

SAMOAN Moderator

Certainly one hell of a game and I must admit that with 2 Touchdown runs and a Touchdown catch. I was pretty confident that James White would get the Most Valuable Player award. Sadly that went to Quarterback Tom Brady. He was the only possible competition in the end, but he did make mistakes and White was pretty much foot perfect. Just to rub it in, none of White's TD's were the first to be scored and neither was Austin Hooper's who snagged the games 2nd Touchdown.

Gutted at missing out on all counts, especially as James White's MVP odds were 150/1. Obviously talking through my wallet, but without him, the game does not even get exciting.