1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two 16th Aug

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Aug 15, 2011.

1. slick

slick Administrator

Npower League 2
    16 Aug 19:45 Accrington Stanley vs Bradford 2.25 3.30 3.00
    16 Aug 19:45 Aldershot vs Torquay 2.20 3.40 3.00
    16 Aug 19:45 Barnet vs Gillingham 2.63 3.30 2.50
    16 Aug 19:45 Bristol Rovers vs Northampton 1.91 3.40 3.75
    16 Aug 19:45 Burton Albion vs Port Vale 2.40 3.40 2.70
    16 Aug 19:45 Cheltenham vs Morecambe 2.25 3.30 3.00
    16 Aug 19:45 Crawley Town vs Southend 1.62 3.75 5.00
    16 Aug 19:45 Crewe vs Rotherham 2.50 3.30 2.63
    16 Aug 19:45 Dag And Red vs Swindon 2.63 3.30 2.50
    16 Aug 19:45 Hereford vs Macclesfield 2.10 3.40 3.20
    16 Aug 19:45 Oxford Utd vs Shrewsbury 2.05 3.40 3.30
    16 Aug 19:45 Plymouth vs Afc Wimbledon 2.38 3.40 2.70

Odds Stan James
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I’m still not convinced by Torquay even after that good result at Bristol Rovers, looking at it now I think it was more a case of trying to stick one over on their old manager. I’m hoping that Thunder’ can confirm that that’s a decent enough price to chance for the home on Aldershot, reports suggesting they shouldn’t of lost to Northampton….

Port Vale have started ok and I was surprised to see 7/4 about them winning at Burton.

Swindon will be disappointed about their away loss to Cheltenham and again 7/4 was big enough for me to take for them to try and make amends at Dagenham, who have shipped in 7 goals in their last two games without reply.
  3. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I think you're about right. I wasn't at the game but followed it online and read reports etc. It appears we weren't anything special but should have had a point and on another day would have had all three. I'm keeping away because I'm finding it difficult to judge Torquay, but good luck if you go for it.

I'm looking at Port Vale and Swindon as well (and Wimbledon), particularly if Swindon bring in the target man the season ticket holder in the office reckons they need.

I'm also looking at unders in Hereford v Macclesfield, mainly because neither has scored yet this season but I can't decide whether prices around 4/5 are value.
  4. ThunderCelt

I've had a couple of units on unders in the Hereford/Macclesfield match. I'm not sure about the value in the 8/11, but Macc don't appear to offer much going forward, and have 'only' conceded three in three (including Carling Cup), their attack doesn't convince me, and I suspect they'll play for the draw.

Hereford have only one goal in their three matches this season, and their message board seems very downbeat about the quality of thier team (to be polite...).
  5. ThunderCelt

Crewe v Rotherham
    Rotherham, 7/4, 3 Units, SkyBet
    Wanted to wait for this, but Rotherham's price is falling and I wanted to get on as value is shrinking. Crewe have stared badly, with three defeats in three (including Carling Cup) and eight goals conceded. Defending has apparantly been pretty shambolic according to the message board, and injuries may keep the back line understrength tomorrow (which was why I really wanted to wait). The Crewe message board seems to think an away win is inevitible (the home fan predicting a 6-0 Crewe win is in a minority :eek ).

Rotherham have stormed to the top of the league with a hard-fought win over a decent Oxford side, and then dismantled Plymouth. The fear among the Crewe support is that the Millers' lively attack will take Crewe apart. I think there's a decent chance that'll happen too, although I think the price drop means value is marginal.
    Punter likes this.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice one Thunder'

I did look at Rotherham last night and pondered over them, i''ve joined you since reading your post but only got 13/8, i've added Wimbledon too @ 15/8. And i'm giving another chance to Bristol Rovers @ 21/20

Oddschecker is down at the moment so i've placed the bet with V.C Bet again. While i was there i was surprised to see that both Swindon and Port Vale have drifted to 15/8.

I agree with everything you've said about the Hereford v Macclesfield game, unders does look the shout. I was tempted by the away at odds of 5/2. The back end of last season and the begining of this season Maccy have some ok away form. No bet on the game in the end though.
    I'm off to Villa Park to watch us in the Carling Cup next week, that's a definate overs!
  7. ThunderCelt

I think the Wombles and Bristol might be good shouts and I'll give them closer looks. Swindon didn't sign their target man in the end - he didn't like he training apparently :eek:.
  8. ThunderCelt

Finally took Port Vale (DNB) for 4 units at 11/10. I think they look stronger than Burton and are in form, but the Brewers have already got a couple of credible draws under their belts.
  9. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Rotherham, port vale, swindon and wimbledon for me. Read tiday that some swindon fans broke into rivals ground - oxfird and have burnt STFC onto the pitch. Had some of tge teams on my shortlust but due to comments here i've invested :beer

Could be interesting cause Oxford are away to Swindon on Saturday.
  10. ThunderCelt

Tyrone Barnett starts up front for Crawley alongside Matt Tubbs.

"So what?" I can almost hear everyone ask.

Crawley have several strikers, but Tubbs and Barnett have been chosen to start every game ahead of Akinde and Thomas. Crawley will score a few this season. I'd discounted Tubbs as top scorer as he's too short (in price, not stature), but Barnett at 20/1 seems worth a nibble for minimum stakes. I've stuck a unit on (each way for top four).

Edit to add that Barnett already has two goals this season.
  11. traeth

traeth Moderator

well done boys , thunder , punter and keg

special thanks to thunder as I followed you on Rotherham
  12. Punter

Punter Moderator

Nice going fellas, good call and price with Rotherham Thunder :)

Hereford, oh dear :frown
  13. ThunderCelt

Some nice calls last night - well done all! :beer