1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Npower League Two betting 14th January

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Jan 11, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English League 2
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Accrington v Barnet 1.73 3.40 4.00
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Bradford v Morecambe 2.25 3.20 2.75
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Bristol Rovers v Crawley 3.80 3.50 1.73
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Cheltenham v Aldershot 1.73 3.50 3.80
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Dag & Red v Hereford 2.10 3.20 3.00
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Macclesfield v Torquay 2.50 3.25 2.40
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Northampton v Southend 3.00 3.20 2.10
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Oxford v Crewe 1.67 3.50 4.20
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Plymouth v Burton 2.50 3.25 2.40
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Port Vale v Wimbledon 1.83 3.30 3.60
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Rotherham v Swindon 2.75 3.20 2.25
    14 Jan 15:00 UK Shrewsbury v Gillingham 2.00 3.20 3.20

Odds William Hill
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

can't help feeling Plymouth look a bit big after only losing once at home since October, as Burton have had back to back defeats recently
  3. Punter

Punter Moderator

Agreed again Swoop. The gap at the bottom of the table has closed considerably in recent weeks and where some teams can see the escape of the relegation places others are fearing dropping into them.

I'm considering laying the two league leaders this weekend, Crawley and Southend.

4pts from the last 2 games for the cobblers, both away. Tougher than it looks on paper for Southend here.

Managerless Bristol Rovers picked up a valuable win midweek to help ease their relegation worries and would take a point at home to Crawley. I can see them getting it.
  4. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Those might be decnet punts, but I'll just keep a watching brief. Burton will still be without Kee which'll be a blow, but on the other hand Plymouth were truly awful at Aldershot a couple of weeks ago - they've been getting better results though so I assume that was a blip.
  5. ThunderCelt

Taken Cheltenham -0.75 at just over evens with Bet365 (5 units) for their glamour match. Cheltenham are solid at home, and are on a streak of form. Their success is built on a strong defence which is why I'm not going for the full -1. The Robins have a full strength side to choose from.

Aldershot are in a bit of a transition at the moment. We may look as solid defensively as we've done at any stage of the season (on paper, anyway). However, scoring remains a problem. Our centre forward is out for a month (22 games, 2 goals) which led to an atmosphere of celebration on our message board :eek: . 9-goal Hylton hasn't netted for a while, and our new loanee is too young to have a track record. Let's hope he gets one with us :crossfingers ! Anyway, we'll likely struggle to score as we have for the last couple of months, and Cheltenham have been so strong at home we'll do very well to hold out.

I'll be there. :cool:
  6. ThunderCelt

And a couple of units on Micah Evans anytime scorer (best 8/5 with Bet365). I make the price value, but only by a couple of percent. I don't think the bookies have given much away in L2 this week, so I'll nibble at this.

Evans is at Accrington on loan from Blackburn, and has made an impressive start with three in seven games. I don't know much about him, but he looks confident and a handful from the goal highlights on the BBC. Barnet will almost certainly be without any full backs tomorrow (one injured, one loan finished, and apparently no cover for either :eek: )and I'd back Accrington to get something. However, the odds are short and I'm reluctent to bet against Izzy McLeod despite his recent poor scoring form (for him, anyway!) and given Barnet's defensice frailties (which in fairness has tightned up in recent weeks) I'll have an interest here instead.
  7. ThunderCelt

Also three units on Wimbledon at Port Vale +0.25 (Bet365, 23/20). Both sides are in a mess; Wimbledon haven't won in geological timescales, while Vale have lost three in a row, have lost their loanees for financial resons, and have injury problems. However, Wimbledon have done soemthing about it, having got in experience and paid £100k+ for Byron Harrison. I find this one a difficult one to call, and took it because the Wombles look value rather than likely winners.
  8. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

Good Luck

Cheltenham v Aldershot

Both teams Not to score @ 1.85 [Bet Victor]

Already taken the generous 2 with Paddy Power early in the week
  9. ThunderCelt

Cheltenham -0.75 :)
    Micah Evans :mad:
    Wimbledon +0.25 :)

Something like a 66% profit :beer. I assume Swooperman, Punter and Topdog all came away with a profit as well clap

Cheltenham werre a bit disappionting to be honest and I can only guess have played better to merit being second. We huffed and puffed and looked okay, but as usual our hard work was undone by us failing to hit the net.
  10. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

No profit for me, didnt take Plymouth but I might have had my bet structure wrong tbh, rushing in the end :mad:

Oxford cost me biggish time
  11. Topdog

Topdog Moderator

2-0:thumb