1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's clueless adventure 2013/14

Discussion in 'The Glory Hole' started by ONEDUNME, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Start of a new season, so start of the best intentions of following through with various things that are all largely forgotten come September.

I often follow Traeth's Welsh tips and RC's Spanish tips, so I'm going to try to keep track of how much money they are both losing me in this thread. I say that I "follow" them but I don't really follow them as much as use them as a guide. For instance, I will often go DNB where RC goes for an outright away win or something.

I will also be posting any bets that are influenced by other posters than the above two and will credit the relevant poster concerned (It's cheaper than sending you a petrol bomb in the post).
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Well RC is busy having his hemorrhoids lasered and Traeth is so frightened of tipping a loser that he's called up his mate at the Welsh FA and had all the fixtures moved back a week, so that leaves me with the unusual suspects to chose from this week.

Bet 1
    Basher and Slick are fancying Brum to beat Brighton. The RFO (which I picked up through boredom this week and will NEVER be buying again, has picked the draw, so I'll risk 20pts on Brum DNB at a price of 11/10 with Paddy Power.

Bet 2
    Kegman is all over Spurs like a dug eating warm chips, so it would be rude to ignore that one at 4/5 25pts
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

I did wonder what that burning smell was.

Good luck :thumb
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Mixed bag, 1 win and 1 loss meaning exactly level after the first two bets.

The obvious glaring omission from this week was that I put up my selections on Thursday at 9pm, 2 or 3 hours before Colbro came in with the vibe on Arsenal being weakened which was later backed up by his compadre Swoops. I put it down to a combination of early season misplaced optimism and the unusual spell of hot weather we've been having but it transpired that they were both right.

No good for me but much consolation in the fact that:

1. The boys both made a profit
    2. Their team got home to a flyer (only need another 37 points or so to avoid relegation chaps).
    3. Wenger got what he deserved after YET AGAIN not being arsed to actually try to improve his team in the summer in the most potentially open season that the Premiership has had for some time.
  5. Punter

Punter Moderator

I like it, there's been some good footy tips about the place lately. A good name for a thread too lol. Good luck ODM :thumb
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Thanks mate.:thumb

Can I ask that anyone who has any winning tips put them up before Thursday night so that I don't miss them.

You're OK to put yours up anytime you like Punt, as we know they're not going to win:thumb
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

8. Punter

Punter Moderator

My new thread 'Permed Trixies' starts this week, you can pop an apology in there :thumb
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Will do - I'll start drafting it now mate:thumb
    Punter likes this.
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Week two of the Premiership and some other games too I believe.

Firstly, let me get Liverpool out of the way. I don't care how many people tip them, I'm not backing them at odd on away from home against Villa. I lost count of how many games they fucked up last season that they were favourite to win (and that was WITH the walking tin opener). Without this thread, I would watch the game and back them in running at 5/4 or over if they look promising. However, I made the mistake of not listening last week and enough people have mentioned that Villa's price is too high so 10pts on DNB. Can't get the 2/1 mentioned, best price at the moment is 19/10 on betfair.

I like Slick's idea that West Ham could give Newcastle a game and the price is generous enough t go draw no bet at 7/5 with coral. 20 points

I disagree with Slick and Punter on the Hull Norwich game. I think the draw is a distinct possibility but if I had to chose between one or the other, it would be Norwich and not Hull. However, this is all about being influenced by others, so I'll go with a Hull win at 6/4 for 10 points.

I also disagree with the Saints/Sunderland game and would go for the home win but I'll be have faith in my fellow Nodders and risk a Sunderland draw no bet, which even I have to admit is a massive 3/1 with Spreadex fixed odds. 15 points.

That's the prem covered - now to look at the other leagues
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Got to go with hotspur's best 1x2 bet of the weekend Derby (Thanks mate:frown) 10pt win at 13/10.

Same source, Bournmouth DNB at 6/4 at Huddersfield 10pts

Punter's Portsmouth at Mansfield appeals for a draw no bet 15 pts at 5/6

Thundercelt's bet on Aldershot at Salisbury leads me to another DNB at 20/23. hotspur and Punter's backing makes me want to increase the stakes from 10 to 15pts.

Nothing tempting in the Welsh or Scottish threads. May update this in the morning if the Kegman graces us with his selections.

I'm pretty happy with the above to be honest (excluding Punter and Slick's premier choices:wasnme)
    Punter likes this.
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Why the irony ODM?
    You think Derby are a bad bet or are you a Derby fan who doesnt like betting on them:unsure
    Or...actually I better not put that option...
  13. slick

slick Administrator

Good luck and great thread ODM

I'd be pretty nervy with my picks too tell the truth but it's always hard to find anything of value in the Prem so I was trying to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Good idea.:thumb
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

basher's popped up with a late shout for Bristol Rovers at evens. Very tentative 10pts at 6/4 because, with Rovers' price drifting from the evens quoted in the main thread, to 6/4 and the York price heading in the opposite direction, it's one of those games where you can't avoid the feeling that someone knows something that we don't.

Barring late submissions, that concludes the voting from the Russian judges.
  16. fcbasher

fcbasher Active Member

Its all those mug punters who are backing York becaue their higher in the league and their getting a bigger price,so the price is getting bigger on Rovers making them even better value,great, stick more money on :cool:
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Of course, that'll be it bash. Nothing to do with the fact that Rovers' top scorer is spending the night in a prison cell after putting the keeper in hospital for shagging his Mrs.:lol
  18. Punter

Punter Moderator

:lol

Looks like a good start to the clueless adventure, ODM :thumb and a bit unlucky not to have had a couple more today.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

20. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nothing more to see here - move along please:wasnme