1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

ODM's Pretty Young Things

Discussion in 'Horse Racing & Greyhound Tips' started by ONEDUNME, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just watched the replay of the 420 (without the sound - think I might make it my policy to do that with every race at least once then watch it with the commentary afterwards to see what I've missed:)). From what I saw, the draw wasn't much of an excuse and the horse had plenty of chance to win it. It looked like the horse ran green to me - looked a bit keen at stages and rolled about a bit at the business end of the race.

Will definitely be on it next time out though.
  2. Seen

Seen Moderator

I thought he ran well but the draw just did him - the winner and runner-up (and the 4th in fact) raced on the rail throughout (until the final furlong when the winner was switched for his run) and the extra work your horse had to put in at the start to sit handy might have been the difference between winning and losing. Touched 1.61 in-running I think and I agree it's one to be on next time.
  3. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

It obviously had to cover a bit more ground given the wide draw and the fact that it couldn't run the rail but I didn't think the early pace looked as keen as it could have been so it's not like the jock had to push away to get it to where it wanted to be. As I say, I've only seen it once but I got the impression that the jock was happy with how the race had panned out and where he was just before they went for it in earnest (and the in running price probably indicates that some punters thought the same) but there's no doubt that a lower draw could have made the difference between a place and a win.
  4. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Typical that I get the most alerts when I have the least time but to run briefly through tomorrow's

610 Nottingham Quebee. 2 good runs on all weather - good run beaten by a neck last time coming back. 8/1 in a 17 runner maiden tomorrow

830 Ripon General Alexander 2nd fav 3/1. Won a race where my selection ended up odds on fav and ran like a bag of shite. Cheekpieces fitted tomorrow which help but equally may be a concern that they are considered necessary
    EDIT - SCRAP THE ABOVE - THIS HORSE WAS MY SELECTION THAT RAN SHITE. FYI The winner was called Oh James which is in my tracker so I will flag up when it runs. I will still back this sack of shite on the off chance the headwear makes a difference

Archived runners
    From 2014 Ice slice runs again after winning for me the other day. Small stakes on this and then I may rap up with it. It owes me nowt and I might be wrong but I think it may have first won for me on that course so it would be a fitting end to our relationship - 7/2 645 notts

In same race as above, Winterval and Alnashama - Haven't got time to check but don't remember backing Alnashama recently and it may be one that I just haven't got around to deleting from my tracker

Same comments apply to Meshardal in the 420 at chester but I am tempted into backing Hillbilly Boy ew at 8/1 in the 210 at Chester.

I'll be backing the four highlighted but, as normal, only the first two will be included in the P/L figures
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

:hatsoff Well done ODM

Unlucky with Quebee. I done your 4 in a lucky 15 and if Quebee had of won it was paying about 2.5k but 3 out of 4 is fantastic.

Thank you :beer
    Punter likes this.
  6. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Nice one Keggers, pleased to hear it:clap

It's fair to say I've had worse days - four bets and all four made a profit.

Quebee ran a good race after playing up in the stalls and finished 3rd at 10/1 making a profit of £5
    General Alexander won at 13/8 making a profit of £16.25

From the archive,
    Ice Slice won at 7/4 fav
    Hillbilly Boy won at 13/2

Got a few for tomorrow when I get time to sort them I'll put them up
    Punter likes this.
  7. slick

slick Administrator

Good stuff ODM, well done.

Like Keggers I might even start backing these myself lol
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

325 Lingfield Mountain Bell 9/4 . Won on its second start - holds an entry for The Oaks

505 Lingfield - Sorry, another short priced fav Krebs Cycle 6/5. I don't like its price relative to the second and third fav but it is what it is.

535 Thirsk Fly with Emirates ew at 7/1. Ran a great first race before getting caught on the line and looked promising. Second race was not so great and the third and last one was even worse when it refused to race which obviously means it comes with a massive proviso that it's got to actually start :lol. If I'd just picked the card up to make a selection, I'd have gone for Johnny B Goode (currently 2/1) but that's not what this thead is about so these are the three I'm on tomorrow.
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  9. Seen

Seen Moderator

Well done mate, going great guns :beer
  10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Just one for tomorrow - another odds on I'm afraid but I'm going to back it at 5/6, 240 Musselbro' Valentino Boy.

2nd on both starts, last one was a battling performance in which it was just beaten by one I put up the other day (Mailshot) which went on to win, which makes its run even more impressive.
  11. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Didn't see the race - will catch up at some stage - but didn't even finish in the top 2.

Tomorrow
    230 Beverley Oreway - Fav at 7/4

400 Beverley Fawaareq 7/10.

Not great. Will put £10 on the first one and £10 on the double

One from the archive which I will mention but not be backing as it's bang out of form Auspicion 330 Beverley
  12. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Both won. Profit of £17.50 on win and £36.75 on double.

None for tomorrow by the look of things
    Punter likes this.
  13. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

One for tomorrow, still some 7/4 around for Gulliver 445 York. My notes read "Green to post - slowly away -Recovered will to finish 4th. May get the hand next time out?"
  14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

3rd. Didn't see the race yet but will at some stage.

3 x 10/1 ish shots at York tomorrow. Don't like some of the field sizes but here we go:

220 Paddy Power 10/1
    255 Coolfitch 11/1
    540 Second Serve 9/1

£5ew on them

Two from 2014 tracker(one a jumper)
    510 York Mambo Paradise £5 ew 6/1
    735 Aintree Loose Chips £5 ew 13/2

Just the first three included in P/L for this thread
  15. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Second Serve traded at 1.17 before being beaten into second and depriving me of a profit on the day. Oh well
  16. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

Runs tomorrow night 8:30 Uttoxeter :crossfingers
    Punter likes this.
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

5/1 Keggers. I'll stick it in a lucky 15 tomorrow. I'll put a horse called Spader in with it (430 Newbury). Mick Fitzgerald mentioned it a week or two ago when a horse that this one had beaten won a race and said to watch for it when it came out again. Worth a go.

Mailshot runs again tomorow in the 210 Newbury -currently 12/1

745 Donc Murad Khan 5/1 2nd fav in a ten runner race. Looked like an improver when beating my selection in its first run this season.

320 Newbury Dream Dubai... I'll copy my post from earlier in this thread when it came 2nd for me at 20/1

Dream Dubai. Backed this one on its first run at 7/4 and it ended up winning at 7/2 joint fav so it already owes me nothing. Not very often a horse in this thread will go off at 20/1 but that exemplifies the task ahead of it on only its second run. Holds an entry for a big race at Ascot in July so obviously someone rates its potential.

9/4 fav tomorrow

One from the archive 435 Thirsk, which I'll put in the two at the top of my post for a lucky15 = Manatee Bay 14/1

For this thread I'll be using £5ew on the five bolded ones in single bets
  18. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Murad Khan won at 6/1 to make a small profit of £6 on the day yesterday. Unlucky that Mailshot didn't add to it - beaten out of a place by a short head at 12/1.

Today Baltic Beau runs in the 230 at Ripon. Backed it at 4/1 last night but I suppose there will be a rule4 to that. I'll use the current price of 3/1 for my £10 win bet for this thread just to simplify.

From the archive, Ringside Humour runs in the 355 at Navan. Currently 12/1 and drifting but is climbing up the ratings again after some consistent performances and, for that reason, I'll include it in the P/L for this thread at a mythical £3 ew.
    Punter likes this.
  19. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Runs again tomorrow. Two seconds but may improve with another run under its belt . 740 Leicester, £5ew 6/1
    Punter likes this.
  20. Punter

Punter Moderator

7th, btn 16L. I'll scratch this one here and now.